4 Confirmed Bids

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

WHURS

4 Confirmed Bids

Post by WHURS »

From Us, Leyton Orient, formula 1 and UCFB college of Football,

Don't know anything about the college but would assume they are only interested in office space?

So is it effectively us and orient for the main use of the actual stadium?
Mr_Andersonn

Re: 4 Confirmed Bids

Post by Mr_Andersonn »

Then surely ours is the only valid and sustainable bid?
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

how many running track laps for a full formula 1 GP?
gavrosh

Post by gavrosh »

Mr_Andersonn wrote:Then surely ours is the only valid and sustainable bid?
Nah, I reckon one by a small college affiliated to Burnley FC will stand up to financial scrutiny...

...seriously, that is weak. We are in an excellent bargaining position here. Im sure the board realise that fact too.
Persil Tickets
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Persil Tickets »

The BBC report below states that Orients bid is based on ground sharing with us. So effectively I cannot see any other realistic bid apart from ours.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/18869213" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wembley1966
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 124 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

http://www.london24.com/2012-olympics/o ... _1_1449071
A consortium, Intelligent Transport Services Ltd - in association with F1 -, has been named as one of four bidders to lease the venue.

As expected, West Ham United FC and Leyton Orient FC also have bids on the table and are thought to be leading contenders.

The UCFB College of Football Business - a partnership between Burnley Football Club and the University of Buckinghamshire - is the fourth party.

The bids will now be assessed by London Legacy Development Corporation (LLDC) before a decision is made later this year.

Newham Council confirmed last week that it would invest £40 million in the stadium - but will have no say on the winning bidder.
F1 will face competition from Westminster with the proposal for a street race.
Burnley - wtf!
Looks like it's Orient's then!
paulhs1
Has liked: 1736 likes
Total likes: 1483 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

If having Orient brings in more money for the tax payer then how can the LLDC turn down Orients bid on the basis that we do not want to ground share, as legally this saga can just roll on and on if Hearn has his way?!
I'm really struggling to see how we will not end up in a ground share with Orient if so is this really the way forward?
gavrosh

Post by gavrosh »

paulhs1 wrote:If having Orient brings in more money for the tax payer then how can the LLDC turn down Orients bid on the basis that we do not want to ground share, as legally this saga can just roll on and on if Hearn has his way?!
I'm really struggling to see how we will not end up in a ground share with Orient if so is this really the way forward?
What if we (reasonably) say that we wont have any part of being with another football team, because of the degradation of the pitch, because we cant personalise the stadium and because joint naming rights would significantly undercut our sponsorship revenues?

An us or them ultimatum, if you will.
Persil Tickets
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Persil Tickets »

paulhs1 wote

If having Orient brings in more money for the tax payer then how can the LLDC turn down Orients bid on the basis that we do not want to ground share, as legally this saga can just roll on and on if Hearn has his way?!
Not a legal expert in any sense or form but I would imagine that the 1st question that the LLDC would put to Orient is along the lines of "your whole bid is based on the proposition that West Ham are agreeable to a ground share, please show us the documentation to confirm this agreement is in place." We are perfectly within our rights to say we do not wish to ground share; end of Orients bid.

I don't want to go there but if we did it would not be the end of the world to share with Orient, it is not going to be our stadium anyway. If I were an Orient fan I would fear it much more. If we think it will be awful with potentially thousands of empty seats for low profile games just imagine what it would be like for Orient week in week out.

I cannot see anyone but West Ham being awarded the stadium, especially now the bidders are out in the open. Would much rather stay where we are but G&S have already decided we are moving and are now in an incredible bargaining position.
paulhs1

Post by paulhs1 »

gavrosh wrote: What if we (reasonably) say that we wont have any part of being with another football team, because of the degradation of the pitch, because we cant personalise the stadium and because joint naming rights would significantly undercut our sponsorship revenues?
An us or them ultimatum, if you will.
I really am struggling to see what legal grounds that we have to block the move, it is not our stadium and we are applying for a tenancy not for sole use but as a joint tenant, we have known this all along, so how can we now object to it.
I think Hearn is playing a master stroke and he holds more cards here then many believe.
paulhs1

Post by paulhs1 »

Persil Tickets wrote:Not a legal expert in any sense or form but I would imagine that the 1st question that the LLDC would put to Orient is along the lines of "your whole bid is based on the proposition that West Ham are agreeable to a ground share, please show us the documentation to confirm this agreement is in place." We are perfectly within our rights to say we do not wish to ground share; end of Orients bid.?
But our bid is based on a ground share.joint tenancy and what documentation do we have confirming an agreement with F1 or the american bid?
Islington_Iron
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Islington_Iron »

We can and will just say jog on to orient, especially after Hearn's whinging. Orient can not viably own the stadium as it is by themselves, therefore we can just say no to a joint move and still get it.
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

gavrosh wrote: What if we (reasonably) say that we wont have any part of being with another football team, because of the degradation of the pitch, because we cant personalise the stadium and because joint naming rights would significantly undercut our sponsorship revenues?
What if we (reasonably) say that groundsharing would destroy Leyton Orient as a football club - as evidenced by the testimony of a certain B. Hearn, star witness - and we couldn't have that on our conscience.

Don't understand how they can force a groundshare when one party offers nothing to the arrangement. What do we possibly get out of having Orient sharing with us? Certainly isn't additional financial clout. The only thing we get is a cut-up turf from it being played on every week instead of every fortnight.
brownout
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

Islington_Iron wrote:We can and will just say jog on to orient, especially after Hearn's whinging. Orient can not viably own the stadium as it is by themselves, therefore we can just say no to a joint move and still get it.
Nor can we own it.
Heysel76
Has liked: 213 likes
Total likes: 105 likes

Post by Heysel76 »

If we refuse the Orient proposal, it has to be thrown out, then there are 3 proposals left!
Hammer110

Post by Hammer110 »

We can't refuse Orients proposal, all bids were submitted on the grounds that LLDC would choose tenants based on a best fit basis, theoretically they could give tenancies to all four bidders.

Can you imagine how stupid 4,500 people in a 60,000 seat stadium are going to feel :lol:

I would contend that if it was a groundshare then Orient should have to pay the same rent as us as they would have access to the same facilities as us.
adie

Post by adie »

Can you imagine how stupid 30,000 people in a 60/80,000 seat stadium are going to feel ?
Mike420

Post by Mike420 »

Surley we could stipulate that we don't want to share with Orient, but are happy to have the other bids involved. So either they pick us plus the others or Orient (who would not be finacially viable by themselves).
mywhufc

Post by mywhufc »

Brady insisted west ham should have sole use of stadium in winter, Orient must know this, call her bluff, share with them or walk away.
Could be a clever plan in stopping the move.
West ham have no right to demand not to share, it's a tax payers stadium and they need to get as much money as possible, what better way than have 2 football clubs paying, a university and a rac track in the summer, allied with athletics the stadium owners can't lose, unlike the fans of West Ham or Orient.
Mike420

Post by Mike420 »

Off twatter: are we looking at a ground share with another football club in the future? No. Absolutely not DG