SAB Stadium Migration Meeting

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

@TFSH_WHUFC
Has liked: 2 likes

Re: SAB Stadium Migration Meeting

Post by @TFSH_WHUFC »

Season Ticket Holders

A. What can be done to enhance the Season Ticket to ensure it remains a premium product at the Olympic Stadium?
Include the first 3 cup games in with ticket price, what ever order they come in, i.e CC, FAC etc, ensure that non-season ticket holders and/or members cannot purchase tickets throughout season at reduced rates to what we pay

B. Is it your intention to bring people with you? (i.e. group with existing season ticket holders /new supporters currently not season ticket holders).
Yes, three of us are moving together.

C. If able to view and select seat online would you?
No, I want to see my seat, but would like to initially view seats online.

D. If you came to a sales centre what would you want to see there?
West Ham Staff
e10hammer

Post by e10hammer »

@tfsh_whufc
So it's OK for you to have a season ticket at reduced match day prices but not for members or kids, not everyone can attend every game due to other commitments, the games I do attend the prices are above season ticket prices and I pay £30 for the privalige, i understand you commit up front as i did for many years, but circumstances change.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 867 likes
Total likes: 4277 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Season Ticket Holders

A. What can be done to enhance the Season Ticket to ensure it remains a premium product at the Olympic Stadium?
Complete priority over any and everything West Ham, it should matter that we own a Season Ticket. Don't have late cheap tickets to fill seats cause a situation where Season Ticket Holders (the lifeblood), are mugged off and taken for granted. Let us decide on things such as branding, because I have a feeling the majority of STHs would not want the 'flag and banner' experience that you can find at the Emirates, Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge. After all, the STH is at EVERY home game and they are the ones who have to look at what is meant to be OUR home stadium every other weekend.

B. Is it your intention to bring people with you? (i.e. group with existing season ticket holders /new supporters currently not season ticket holders).
I already attend with my brother, who is also a STH. I would also bring my dad with me as he would hopefully be able to find it easier to get to and from the stadium without trouble. I would hope that a massive effort is made to group fans together that are currently in the same sections of the Boleyn. Certain areas of the ground have been crucial to the atmosphere and that's because of the fans.

Yes, but it is 100% critical that I am given the chance to visit the stadium and check out the seats and stands so that I can choose where I want to sit.

I have little idea what this means. I am not surprised as this whole process has been a lesson in ambiguity.
MD_HM
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 343 likes

Post by MD_HM »

Season Ticket Holders

Agree that a couple of cup games should be included as they used to be and that it is still the cheapest way to buy tickets. Like the few exclusives they come up with this year after feedback I.e. DVD, training session, photo shoot etc...

Might asked to be grouped with others but depends on prices/views etc... Might also want an extra kid's season ticket for my son if able to buy at same time of renewing ours.

Not my first season ticket at the OS, I want to go to the stadium try different seats and then pick one. Any single match tickets or additional tickets during the season then yes.

Someone to take me to different parts of the stadium to try seats and affordable tickets :D it's a seat in a stadium, I don't need a jumped up wide boy from phones4u telling how great a season ticket is, just let me go and pick my seat!

All Supporters

C. Apart from “kids for a quid” what can be done to encourage and develop the younger fan base?
Affordable (cheap) tickets

D. What can be done to increase attendance for supporters in the 17 to 25 year old age range?
Affordable (cheap) tickets....
WHUTerry

Post by WHUTerry »

Thanks to everyone who's replied. We have an extension to Sunday to get comments back so keep them coming.
hammer-time

Post by hammer-time »

A. In order for the Club to sell anywhere near the amount of season tickets they currently do they will have to be priced very cheaply. Irrespective of poor views in the Stadium, supporters would definitely pick and choose their games if the current prices remain. I go in a group of 13 in the family enclosure and others will join us at The Olympic Stadium if the pricing is right. If an adult is charged £300 and children £100, they will sell. If they remain at £600/£100 they won't. I along with thousands of others will pick and choose the games. We miss games as we cant take kids on schoolnights, so overall we end up paying quite a lot when priced up as per game attended and should we chose 10-12 games per season that would be more cost effective. So, in my opinion, for it to remain a premium product, pricing is key. I am a Club Wembley member and because of their prohibitive cost they won't sell when they go on sale again in 2017, despite meet the players/manager and other incentives offered.
B.As already mentioned, we are a large group that will be bigger if the price is right. This is key for West Ham now. If we can get 20-30 season tickets together then we will be going for years. But if we are not together then bit by bit that number falls, its the peer pressure that keeps it all going.
C. Online booking will not be popular with all the sightline issues expected. I for one would have to go and view the seats.
D.Sales centre? Again I am also confused, is this a sales centre so that you can be met and go and view the seats? Then yes, but other than being shown the view what else is a sales centre for? Too ambiguous, more detail required to answer properly.
Wembley1966
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

MD_HM wrote: D. If you came to a sales centre what would you want to see there?
Someone to take me to different parts of the stadium to try seats and affordable tickets :D it's a seat in a stadium, I don't need a jumped up wide boy from phones4u telling how great a season ticket is, just let me go and pick my seat!
How about calling it a 'Supporters Centre' to reflect it's about us rather than being 'sold' to.
@TFSH_WHUFC
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by @TFSH_WHUFC »

e10hammer wrote:@tfsh_whufc
So it's OK for you to have a season ticket at reduced match day prices but not for members or kids, not everyone can attend every game due to other commitments, the games I do attend the prices are above season ticket prices and I pay £30 for the privalige, i understand you commit up front as i did for many years, but circumstances change.
We all have commitments fella but when you purchase a ST you commit to every game whether you can attend or not therefore the ST should ALWAYS be the cheapest way to follow WHUFC, look at the Man City game fiasco where people who do not even support the club got a ticket for £5 whilst my ST costs me £44.74 for every game be it Man City or Hull City, also how is it fair on the ST holder who has two kids with him as ST holders who paid full whack on their A.C.S for Semi-Final then club allows Members etc lower and kids for a quid, I for one am still livid about this, my A.C.S for this game cost me £46 and i was one of the few that turned up, non-members, members etc did not give this game a second thought after first leg, that's why club should reward ST holders who attend week in/out regardless of circumstance and/or commitments.

I don't care for free DVD's or open training sessions, just give me a fair price on supporting my club home and away and I am happy, win, lose or draw.....................COYI.
Devils Advocate
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Devils Advocate »

WHUTerry wrote:Season Ticket Holders

Ideally, knock it down and start again with a proper football stadium design. Practically, not a lot can be done IMO, as demand for tickets will very rarely outstrip supply, thus removing one of the prime reasons for having an ST in the first place (i.e. to guarantee a seat for every game). Prices need to reflect this, bearing in mind that there is a feeling among ST's that the price-breaks they used to enjoy for committing their cash up front are already being eroded by the increasing number of cut-price offers on match tickets, which are likely to be more common at the OS than they are now. I think it would be a good idea to try to concentrate a lot of the STs (and member ticket sales) into the east side kop.

B. Is it your intention to bring people with you? (i.e. group with existing season ticket holders /new supporters currently not season ticket holders). Hopefully move into same location as those around me now. Not sure how many will be coming though. No new ones.

C. If able to view and select seat online would you? Yes, but only if an actual viewing was out of the question. This is especially important if there is a group of you moving, as it may be impractical to have all in the group selecting on line and getting their seats all together. As we've seen with the discussions about the views on the photos and artist's impressions of the new stadium, a virtual view can be very misleading.

D. If you came to a sales centre what would you want to see there? The only sales centre worth going to is inside the stadium itself - by which I mean being able to get into the stands to check the views. Apart from that, I don't really see what the club would be trying to "sell" - STs are already sold on the club, that's why we have an ST. All that's left to sell us is a seat in the OS.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

WHUTerry wrote:Thanks to everyone who's replied. We have an extension to Sunday to get comments back so keep them coming.
Will there be a pecking order on choosing seats, say based on number of years ST has been held ?

As the databse only goes back 8 yrs, can the club inform SAB how many have held ST's for the 8yrs ?

If the STH has proof of holder their STH longer than 8 yrs would the club considering using that ?

What about the stand your sitting in at present, will being in the same seat and/or stand for the period of holding your ST count ?

If someone moves seats next season, to improve their view in the hope of a better view/seat at the OS, will they get the same deal as the person that been in that stand all the time. ?

Will the club considering moving tall people and those with top hats to the back row ?
e10hammer

Post by e10hammer »

tfsh whufc
I fully agree with you that the season ticket prices should be the cheapest way to follow west ham and they are, i guess by the price you pay you are either a band 1 or band 2 season ticket holder, you pay an average £44.74 for every game which totals to approx £850, as a member the same price would be band 1 £1104 an average of £60 and band 2 £1010 an average of £55 this is taking into account cat A and cat B pricing. I too was fuming over the man city fiasco both in the the league and cup, but i am sure that the cheap price deals will be more common when we move. in my opinion when we move all season ticket holders should be offered a no worse seat than they occupy now,and a decent choice, but i fear you will be dissapointed.
Rays Rock
Has liked: 46 likes
Total likes: 104 likes

Post by Rays Rock »

Probably the wrong place to post this question but having never used the kids for a quid scheme whilst holding a season ticket, I would like to know, what is the current procedure (if applicable) for a season ticket holder in buying a KFAQ ticket with regard to being able to sit next to your son or daughter ?
Do you get relocated for that match if the seats next to you are occupied by other season ticket holders ?

Apologies in advance if this is a stupid question.
WHUTerry

Post by WHUTerry »

Rays Rock wrote:Probably the wrong place to post this question but having never used the kids for a quid scheme whilst holding a season ticket, I would like to know, what is the current procedure (if applicable) for a season ticket holder in buying a KFAQ ticket with regard to being able to sit next to your son or daughter ?
Do you get relocated for that match if the seats next to you are occupied by other season ticket holders ?

A mate of mine has a ST in the BML and wanted to take his son to a KFAQ game. He couldn't sit in his normal seat as he had ST holders either side so the club relocated him and his son to the STB upper.
Rays Rock
Has liked: 46 likes
Total likes: 104 likes

Post by Rays Rock »

Cheers WHUTerry, thanks for the info.
WHUTerry

Post by WHUTerry »

Thanks for all responses. I've added them all together and have sent back. I've added additional comments and questions as well. I said Sunday was the final day so I will forward on any last minute feedback received by tomorrow afternoon.

Cheers all
E7Iron

Post by E7Iron »

Rays Rock wrote:Probably the wrong place to post this question but having never used the kids for a quid scheme whilst holding a season ticket, I would like to know, what is the current procedure (if applicable) for a season ticket holder in buying a KFAQ ticket with regard to being able to sit next to your son or daughter ?

Whenever I bring my boy they relocate me, quite a few times I have been in the Alpari Lower, I have a band 4 ST in Chav Corner and they move me free without having to pay the difference which is always nice. Never had a problem with the TO.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 813 likes
Total likes: 3033 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

WHUTerry wrote:Thanks for all responses. I've added them all together and have sent back. I've added additional comments and questions as well. I said Sunday was the final day so I will forward on any last minute feedback received by tomorrow afternoon.

Cheers all
Our pleasure Terry .

Have the club offered a date yet when the migration policy will be published ?