Olympic Stadium conversion - assistance in finding info

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

hammers1954

Re: Olympic Stadium conversion - assistance in finding info

Post by hammers1954 »

I don't know know about the number of boxes (suites) but the planning application clearly states the number of hospitality places as 3,400. I would guess an increase on what is currently at UP. This is reduction from 9,000 during the Olympics. I can't see the club settling for less than what is at UP now as part of the idea in moving is toi ncrease commercial income.
mywhufc

Re: Olympic Stadium conversion - assistance in finding info

Post by mywhufc »

hammers1954 wrote:I don't know know about the number of boxes (suites) but the planning application clearly states the number of hospitality places as 3,400. I would guess an increase on what is currently at UP. This is reduction from 9,000 during the Olympics. I can't see the club settling for less than what is at UP now as part of the idea in moving is to increase commercial income.
that is true, though boxes are reducing from 70 to 15, the total corporate capacity is increasing by about 700-900 i think