SAB Meeting 14th May - Non Disclosure - again

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Doc H Ball
Has liked: 916 likes
Total likes: 1918 likes

Re: SAB Meeting 14th May - Non Disclosure - again

Post by Doc H Ball »

Ta Sutts, that's as I thought.

If you are right about the away fans, that leaves a total of around 4,500 seats behind the goals in the lower tier for us. In such a massive stadium that's going to look rank.
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 841 likes

Post by mushy »

the pink palermo wrote:
Oh Ray, they do know that .

They also know most of them haven't missed a game since God was a boy .

They may not have realised that those of you who are pro the move hardly ever buy a ticket currently .

They're gambling your expenditure in the future will exceed what they lose from those of us that drop out .

However, we both know you ain't going to go week in week out though don't we .
Romford wrote: You will wake up with a huge spot on your tongue Pinky......

That is one very self indulgent and rather poor sweeping statement
Nevertheless it is a statement that warrants further thought and debate in my opinion.
How do we know how many will go week in week out, as they do now?
If the Stadium turns out to be a complete dogs dinner with poor viewing and no atmosphere then I can see many that have been used to the confines of Upton Park only popping along when it suits.
They are gambling, off course they are, they are gambling that there will be enough new fans to fill the stadium and keep going week in, week out.
Its the gambling element with my club that does not sit easy with me. This is a club that I will be celebrating my 50th year of attending matches next season with.
Having to trust this lot with the biggest decision in the clubs history is my concern and its a major one.
e10hammer

Post by e10hammer »

Rays rock
I have had no problems buying tickets in any area of our stadium for years, you will find the cheaper seats band 3 in all corners of the upper tiers are always the last to sell, can't remember the last time we sold out way in advance of any game including cup semi finals, cannot see this changing when we up our capacity by almost 20,000 and with half the seats further away from the pitch.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2939 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Rays Rock wrote:Yes a very classic example of the punter who for many years lumped out for season tickets right up until the point that he found he couldn't afford even one of the cheaper ones and neither could many of his friends. So they then find themselves picking up the odd cheap ticket as and when they can afford it. Only to find out that most of the cheapest band tickets are always hard to come by, clearly because they're are many, many others like ourselves doing exactly the same thing.

So, I would be very careful in the way that you describe supporters that don't or can't attend games. Think again when criticising those that can't go for whatever reason, because believe me, they would love to be there making the noise and atmosphere that has long since disappeared from home games.
Where did I criticise them ?

Where did I call them bad supporters or lesser fans ?

I didn't .

What I did do was point out they hardly go currently , without elaborating as to the reasons why .
I then offered my opinion that many of them would not go sufficently often to replace those who in my opinion will pack it in .
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

e10hammer wrote:Rays rock
I have had no problems buying tickets in any area of our stadium for years, you will find the cheaper seats band 3 in all corners of the upper tiers are always the last to sell, can't remember the last time we sold out way in advance of any game including cup semi finals, cannot see this changing when we up our capacity by almost 20,000 and with half the seats further away from the pitch.
I think it's all of the upper tier is further away, 35000 seats !!

They're gonna have to be cheap to keep people coming once the novelty has worn off,