'Raise the roof'

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome

War Pony
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 86 likes

'Raise the roof'

Post by War Pony »

The below link was from a post on sky scraper city, tis how our new roof will be hoisted into the air!

http://www.nsc-olimpiyskiy.com.ua/en/st ... nsc/24756/

Really looking forward to seeing the finished product in terms of the roof!
James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Re: 'Raise the roof'

Post by James P »

That article is about the Olympic Stadium in Ukraine.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 746 likes
Total likes: 2905 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

James P wrote:That article is about the Olympic Stadium in Ukraine.
Won't be going there either .
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 144 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

Won't be going there either

lol
War Pony

Post by War Pony »

Here's a biscuit for posting the obvious? div.

"The below link was from a post on sky scraper city, tis how our new roof will be hoisted into the air!"

Pinky, why do you even frequent this part of the forum with your negative tripe?
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

War Pony wrote: Pinky, why do you even frequent this part of the forum with your negative tripe?

Or as anyone with a brain calls it, the truth .

If you doubt me have a look at the image posted by Pop Robson on the 81st page of the picture thread .
e10hammer

Post by e10hammer »

What you moaning about pinky, there must be decent travel links between stratford and the ukraine.
War Pony

Post by War Pony »

You sir...are a dinosaur! A brain? Ha!

Crawl back under the rock you come from! The move is happening! Perhaps its time for you to start supporting another club that has a pony stadium and no ambition
NorthBankAlliance

Post by NorthBankAlliance »

Funny you should mention pony stadium...
eastsider
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by eastsider »

Somebody legitimately puts some info on here about how the roof on our new stadium will be installed and gets a load of grief.
Only a few bother to post on this thread due to hysterical and almost bullying reactions from some posters IMO. :thdn:

The Boleyn is sold for good or bad that is the reality, we as a club are moving, some will not be going to the OS I do find that sad.........
e10hammer

Post by e10hammer »

Eastsider
I wouldn't dig anyone out personally, but feel free to challenge their opinion, like a lot of posters on the Olympic threads I too am opposed to the move and have been shot down in flames at times and had my opinions challenged, but I firmly believe if we had been given a choice of a redevolped 42000 Upton park or modified athletics stadium a lot of supporters would have stayed put, all this nonsense of having to have a bigger stadium to compete hasn't held Chelsea or man city back, or moved the likes of Newcastle or Sunderland forward.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4958 likes

Post by -DL- »

eastsider wrote:Somebody legitimately puts some info on here about how the roof on our new stadium will be installed and gets a load of grief.
Does he? Where?

The article is about the Olimpiyskiy National Sports Complex in Ukraine.
eastsider wrote:Only a few bother to post on this thread due to hysterical and almost bullying reactions from some posters IMO.
The only hysterical and close to bullying reaction I've seen are from the OP who has waded in with insults and name calling, and telling a long time supporter with 1000's of games under his belt home and away that he should go and support another club.
gavrosh

Post by gavrosh »

Whats the point of an olympic Stadium fórum when every time Someone tries to post something even vaguely pertinent they get agoures down by Someone who repeats over and over again how bad it will be and That they wont go? Dont go, dont post and dont get in the way of a proper debate.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

gavrosh wrote: Dont go, dont post and dont get in the way of a proper debate.
A proper debate ?

You're a funny guy .Stick to whatever your day job at the club is .

All I have ever wanted was a proper debate .What we got was a dodgy survey , passed off as a poll, by a teller of untruths .

You may want to sit in a crap stadium within a stadium , thousands of empty seats either side of you , miles away from the pitch, unable to see the ball and following the action on a big screen .

But it's not for me, and mark my words it won't suit thousands of others either .

When the club is desperately trying to sell tickets to unfashionable games in years to come who they going to call ? Blokes like you who never go anyway or blokes like me and others who go week in week out home and away ? The difference is in future they'll find I'm playing golf .

Who the ****ing hell do you think you are with your "don't post" comment ? Anything to stop a debate , anything to silence the critics .

Last edited by the pink palermo on Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NorthBankAlliance

gavrosh wrote:Whats the point of an olympic Stadium fórum when every time Someone tries to post something even vaguely pertinent they get agoures down by Someone who repeats over and over again how bad it will be and That they wont go? Dont go, dont post and dont get in the way of a proper debate.
Bit like WHO then Gav where if you don't like the move you get called out as a Druid?
gavrosh

Post by gavrosh »

This is what RMB2007, who is by far the most knowledgeable about the situ with regards to stadium architecture, has to say about it:

"That's politics for you, and football club owners who are only interested in what they can personally gain from it. West Ham fans have been treated like **** over this move, with the majority of information their fans have received coming from myself and others posting info and images from the planning documents/other sites. And there's still no final renders on how it'll actually look in its legacy mode."

How many official renders have we had? four, five? We need, the SAB and everyone else, to press this point. Just burying your head in the san an saying no no no isn't good enough. We need to mobilise opinion, but opinion isn't mobilised when the boards are dominated by pure negativity. We are moving, we need to put the club to account. We need practicability on this issue, not simple kindergarten outright hostility.
War Pony

Post by War Pony »

Gav is right! I wont be posting here again! I posted that to give people who were 'interested' an insight into how the roof will be installed

I couldnt care if he has been the every single game! I'll have my season ticket alot longer into the future than most due to my age i assume! Hence the dinosaur comment.

Everyone i know cannot wait for the move, an most of us are early to mid twenties
brownout
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 173 likes

Post by brownout »

War Pony wrote:Gav is right! I wont be posting here again! I posted that to give people who were 'interested' an insight into how the roof will be installed

I couldnt care if he has been the every single game! I'll have my season ticket alot longer into the future than most due to my age i assume! Hence the dinosaur comment.

Everyone i know cannot wait for the move, an most of us are early to mid twenties
Interesting. Everyone I know is dreading the move (and for some it will be the end of watching home games) but most are in our 40s and 50s. It would be interesting to see a breakdown of support for the move by age. Of course if the club had run a proper poll that could have been done.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

War Pony wrote:Gav is right! I wont be posting here again!
To coin a phrase, we all have choices in life .
gavrosh wrote:How many official renders have we had? four, five? We need, the SAB and everyone else, to press this point. Just burying your head in the san an saying no no no isn't good enough. We need to mobilise opinion, but opinion isn't mobilised when the boards are dominated by pure negativity. We are moving, we need to put the club to account. We need practicability on this issue, not simple kindergarten outright hostility.
Ah diddums , mobilise opinion ?

You're arriving at the party long after all the booze is gone .Some of us tried to start the debate early .Some of us used the appropriate channels .Some of us have battled away on here for years .

Sadly the club and specifically Brady have done a number on the whole thing by refusing to engage in any debate until all the meaningful decisions have been taken .Seat colours ? Who gives a f*** ? The "Wrap" ? So ****ing what . It's the bloody distance most will be from the pitch that is the heart of the issue .The club have cinsistently acted in a decitful way on this topic to confuse supporters and hide the truth .

An attempt by fans to engage with them now is no more than legitimising their dodgy deal , and frankly I won't be party to that .

All that is left is the ability to embarrass them and make them regret their folly of ignoring their supporters .The scores of empty seats in season 2 will do that for sure, meanwhile I'll continue to post on here the truth , which if you find negative, well , that's your choice .

One thing I am sure of is all the young guns who have been duped into believing this bright shining lie will deliver a better team and a higher league position will soon fade away , they won't be going week in week out , and sadly a great many of my generation won't bother either .

The club have ****ed up on a massive scale .Massive.
NorthBankAlliance

I'm 22 and no one I know who goes, which includes older bods, wants this move.

All this b*llocks about being a dinosaur is rubbish.

One look at that overlay should be enough to worry anyone...
Then again it's those who go week in week out that will be stuck with it when the penny drops.
Those the club want to attract will be the first to find another excuse not to go...