'Raise the roof'

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

War Pony
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 86 likes

Re: 'Raise the roof'

Post by War Pony »

Haha didnt realise there was a code of conduct on how i should feel towards other clubs other than my own! Have a day off mate.

And finally, something positive from you! I didnt realise i had the ability to hide your constant tripe on these olympic stadium threads! Ta ta!
Rays Rock
Has liked: 46 likes
Total likes: 104 likes

Post by Rays Rock »

the pink palermo wrote:Another one who wishes to act as a censor on any anti stratford comments .

Sorry but unless the Mods decide otherwise I'll keep nailing the lies , if you can't handle it use your Foe option on your user control panel and you'll never have to read another word I write .
Talking of Moderators, how the hell has your Gavrosh attack been left to stand, the abuse doesn't offend me one bit, it just annoys me that i've had posts removed that now read like a Jack and Jill childrens story compared to blatantly calling someone a ****ing Twat !
It doesn't look very even handed to me.
eastsider
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by eastsider »

Rays Rock wrote:
Talking of Moderators, how the hell has your Gavrosh attack been left to stand, the abuse doesn't offend me one bit, it just annoys me that i've had posts removed that now read like a Jack and Jill childrens story compared to blatantly calling someone a ****ing Twat !
It doesn't look very even handed to me.
Afraid this is how it is.... I got banned once for using some font colours (that are supplied) and once one moderator removed a smiley!! Only used the one allowed.....True!! LOL!! Smiley police!! :think:
Now it will be removed for being "off topic" FUNNY REALLY!!!
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 1080 likes

Post by Rio »

To be fair, the moderating team do have lives away from this site & it is impossible to read every single post on this site.

Having had the posts in question pointed out, the content had been noted.

There's no agendas, no favouritism or singling out.
eastsider

Post by eastsider »

Rio wrote:To be fair, the moderating team do have lives away from this site & it is impossible to read every single post on this site.

Having had the posts in question pointed out, the content had been noted.

There's no agendas, no favouritism or singling out.
Fair and reasonable comments Rio, I do actually believe that the posts in question are okay and should be left, and I am sure most moderators are fair and even handed.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2939 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Rays Rock wrote: Talking of Moderators, how the hell has your Gavrosh attack been left to stand,.
It wasn't an attack .It was self defence .

Read back through and you'll see he threw the first stone .

And here is another one .....
War Pony wrote:Haha didnt realise there was a code of conduct on how i should feel towards other clubs other than my own! Have a day off mate.

And finally, something positive from you! I didnt realise i had the ability to hide your constant tripe on these olympic stadium threads! Ta ta!
That's his second dig in two days .

But I won't be disturbing the Mods , they're busy people , but when posters have a pop they can expect their serve to be returned .No more Mr Nice guy . :D

And as for those who grumble about my consistent approach to some of the changes going on at the club have a read of the thread on the club crest .There's an awful lot of posters unhappy , and my point is they won't be any happier when they finally get to see the plans for Stratford . .
brownout
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

One day the club will decide to release the plans, not computer generated artist impressions.
Then we'll see if Pinky is right.
However every day that the club continue to withhold the truth (whether good, bad or indifferent) adds weight to the view that they want to put off the day we all find out for as long as they can. Why?
Rays Rock

Post by Rays Rock »

brownout wrote:One day the club will decide to release the plans, not computer generated artist impressions.
Then we'll see if Pinky is right.
However every day that the club continue to withhold the truth (whether good, bad or indifferent) adds weight to the view that they want to put off the day we all find out for as long as they can. Why?
The drawn up plans are out there and have been for over a year. Enabling discussions over gaps, distances to pitches, roofing.
The only bits missing are the aesthetic bumfluffery of branding and screening. the guts of the project have been known and released for some time. To be honest the only thing left to release would be a computer generated image to demonstrate the feel of the place in "West Ham" mode.
With or without them I still know the configuration that I'm going to walk into come August 2016 due to the plans already released.
e10hammer

Post by e10hammer »

Brownout
They know exactly what the plans are and how the stadium will look, but are deliberatly holding back, in six weeks time the tickets go on sale for the rugby world cup band 4 tickets £50 up to band 1 £175, i know these prices have no bearing on the football prices, as the england games at other stadia are more expensive, but goes to show they know the seating arrangements.I also wonder why the tickets for the rugby world cup are cheaper at the olympic stadium than the football stadiums being used, could it be down to the sightlines and viewing distances?
Rays Rock

Post by Rays Rock »

e10hammer wrote:Brownout
They know exactly what the plans are and how the stadium will look, but are deliberatly holding back, in six weeks time the tickets go on sale for the rugby world cup band 4 tickets £50 up to band 1 £175, i know these prices have no bearing on the football prices, as the england games at other stadia are more expensive, but goes to show they know the seating arrangements.I also wonder why the tickets for the rugby world cup are cheaper at the olympic stadium than the football stadiums being used, could it be down to the sightlines and viewing distances?
We already know what our seating plans are. They will however be very different from those at the rugby World Cup as only the Roof will be completed in time for that tournament. The retractable seating will not be in installed until after the rugby World Cup.
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here

Post by Rio »

Rays Rock wrote: We already know what our seating plans are. They will however be very different from those at the rugby World Cup as only the Roof will be completed in time for that tournament. The retractable seating will not be in installed until after the rugby World Cup.
I for one am eagerly awaiting the hysteria while the rugby World Cup is on over the 'the stadium looks crap' 'were so far behind the goals' etc. etc. with baited breath
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Rays Rock wrote: We already know what our seating plans are. They will however be very different from those at the rugby World Cup as only the Roof will be completed in time for that tournament. The retractable seating will not be in installed until after the rugby World Cup.
Rio wrote:
I for one am eagerly awaiting the hysteria while the rugby World Cup is on over the 'the stadium looks crap' 'were so far behind the goals' etc. etc. with baited breath
I think anyone with a passing interest knows the retractable seating won't be ready in time for the RWC .

If there is an outcry it would surely only be because people will have had the chance to sit in the upper tier towards the back .

You seem well travelled Rio : have you ever sat in the upper tier at Twickenham ? In my opinion it's a waste of money as it's not possible to pick out indivdual players let alone the ball .

If people leave the RWC games and make comments about the view being worse than Twickers then there may well be some "hysteria" .

And rightly so IMO.
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here

Post by Rio »

Yeah mate I have & I agree it's a great view, but you feel removed from being able to pick out individuals at certain points (dependant on where your seated). But then again I find rugby like that generally. It's a much better game viewed on TV.

My point really was not directed at anyone on this thread but elsewhere and on the Facebook/twitter pages. People who won't be aware of that's not how the final design will be or judy out to make their voices heard as they like the sound if them.
e10hammer

Post by e10hammer »

Rays rock
I am aware that retractable seating was planned to be installed after the rugby world cup, but wondering what lower tier is planned for that tournament, as during the tour de France aerial shots seemed to show no lower tier seating, are they planning temporary seating closer to the pitch, to be replaced with the retractable seating afterwards, if so we may get an idea of the gaps between upper and lower tiers.
Rays Rock

Post by Rays Rock »

e10hammer wrote:Rays rock
I am aware that retractable seating was planned to be installed after the rugby world cup, but wondering what lower tier is planned for that tournament, as during the tour de France aerial shots seemed to show no lower tier seating, are they planning temporary seating closer to the pitch, to be replaced with the retractable seating afterwards, if so we may get an idea of the gaps between upper and lower tiers.
I've not seen too much written on it either e10hammer, but I do recollect somewhere that it was to be a temporary stand rather than refitting the old concrete stands. Gavrosh might be able to cast a bit more info on that from the skyscraper site.

It can't be taken as gospel but this is the statement on Wiki regarding the form it will take.

The London Athletics Grand Prix was scheduled to move permanently to the stadium in 2016. However due to the 2015 Rugby World Cup taking place in the stadium, which will use the original seating configuration the Grand Prix may arrive in 2015. With a gap in between the work on the roof, scheduled to end in May 2015 and start of the World Cup in September, UK Athletics saw an opportunity to install a £1 million temporary track and use the stadium to host the London Grand Prix.

So it looks highly possible that it will be fitted as for the Olympics.
eastsider

Post by eastsider »

I have sat in the second row from the back at Twickenham, Sarries V Leicester play off final thingy a few years back that they managed to lose in the last seconds straight from the kick off after going ahead a minute before...
Thoroughly enjoyed it until the Sarries version of the Gerrard 2006 Cardif moment.... LOL.
Right in line with that one too at Cardiff and also quite near the back, not far from the liverpool fans that some of ours were giving it large to..
I dont mind being a distance back as they are ugly buggers and its not the ladies beach volleyball, but I can understand some thinking it is too far back for every week. ....... :wink:
Rays Rock

Post by Rays Rock »

the pink palermo wrote: I think anyone with a passing interest knows the retractable seating won't be ready in time for the RWC .
You might be right, you might be wrong. Personally I wouldn't put a bet on it. There are clearly people around that haven't even picked up on the plans so far released.
Back in May whilst paying my visit to our local polling station, I bumped into an old mate who is a current season ticket holder who I used to sit with. We got down to the normal club chat that went on and on like usual, even he wasn't aware of the seats moving forward. Although he wasn't overly emotional about the move either way, he was surprised to learn that his current seat distance from the touchline (East stand lower 3rd to 4th row from front) would be approximately comparable with the distance to the touchline at halfway line. He did also say that he may well not renew his season ticket next season, not due to the football on show, but he's fed up with the dreary atmosphere and constant whinging and whining from people in the ground.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Rays Rock wrote: Although he wasn't overly emotional about the move either way, he was surprised to learn that his current seat distance from the touchline (East stand lower 3rd to 4th row from front) would be approximately comparable with the distance to the touchline at halfway line.
But what he won't know is whether he will qualify to get a similar seat in the new place .

There's going to be an awful lot of disappointed people .Mathematics dictates that .
Rays Rock wrote: He did also say that he may well not renew his season ticket next season, .....he's fed up with the dreary atmosphere and constant whinging and whining from people in the ground.
Well that's the East stand for you ....
brownout
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

e10hammer wrote:Brownout
I know the plans have been publicly available on and off for some time. From what I'm told they don't look good.
So why are the club so reticent to show us officially? One would have thought that they'd have been keen to show us this iconic, world class, intimate stadium - unless of course it isn't.
Rays Rock

Post by Rays Rock »

the pink palermo wrote:
But what he won't know is whether he will qualify to get a similar seat in the new place .

He never said he wanted to know, as we were having a nice chat.

There's going to be an awful lot of disappointed people.

There will be at least two happy people going !

Rays Rock wrote: He did also say that he may well not renew his season ticket next season, .....he's fed up with the dreary atmosphere and constant whinging and whining from people in the ground.
Well that's the East stand for you ....[/quote]

I thought you sat in the West Upper Pink :wink: