Ticket Prices

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2488 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Re: Ticket Prices

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

the pink palermo wrote: I may have mentioned this previously .I'll check my notes... :lol:
TBF both of us have been banging on about this one for a while, like you I like to reiterate the point occasionally Image
mywhufc

Post by mywhufc »

Problem is for the club,
Currently around 22,000 STH bringing in around 15 million
If the club get 35,000 STH. At the OS they would need to average around £430 for each season ticket just to stand still.
Bearing in mind the club don't get money from the catering at the OS or some of the advertising the only way to increase takings to justify the move is to keep prices at current levels or slightly less.
Then use the fact that taking in to CONsideration inflation the club will probably claim prices have I fact dropped.
Add to the fact that DG has often said that "we would like to cut prices but no team can do it alone" but anyone see our competitors in London cutting their prices then it all adds up to looking like prices will not be cut, unless they are faced with thousands of empty seats unsold aside from the thousands their not allowed to sell, then £5 tickets may be on the cards :hush:
mushy
Has liked: 658 likes
Total likes: 880 likes

Post by mushy »

mywhufc wrote:Problem is for the club,
If the club get 35,000 STH. At the OS they would need to average around £430 for each season ticket just to stand still.
Bearing in mind the club don't get money from the catering at the OS or some of the advertising the only way to increase takings to justify the move is to keep prices at current levels or slightly less.
I thought the big idea of the O/S was to increase revenue with hospitality and corporate packages.
If they are to get no money from catering, where exactly is the money coming from?
What am I missing?
gavrosh

Post by gavrosh »

There will be a split of revenues on matchday food and drink sales and a share of naming rights, such that it'll add a further £8 million to the LLDC's revenues on top of the £2 million rent.

That said, with 5000 free tickets promised per game, the revenue uplift from (say) 10,000 extra paying customers wont be that significant when you take into account this revenue split overall. Certainly not taking us anywhere near big four matchday territory.
horsham_hammer
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by horsham_hammer »

mywhufc wrote:Problem is for the club,
:hush:
This has been one of my many issues with the move - the numbers just don't seem to add up - certainly nowhere near enough to elevate us to a Top 4 or even Top 6 club. Ok, we don't know the specifics but just doing a quick 'back of a fag packet' exercise it doesn't really look too promising. When you factor in rent, conversion costs, reduced ticket pricing (if it happens) and then sharing of the sponsorship and catering then the financial benefit really seems negligible? And of course, this assumes selling out every week which is unlikely.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 813 likes
Total likes: 3033 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

horsham_hammer wrote:This has been one of my many issues with the move - the numbers just don't seem to add up - certainly nowhere near enough to elevate us to a Top 4 or even Top 6 club. Ok, we don't know the specifics but just doing a quick 'back of a fag packet' exercise it doesn't really look too promising. When you factor in rent, conversion costs, reduced ticket pricing (if it happens) and then sharing of the sponsorship and catering then the financial benefit really seems negligible? And of course, this assumes selling out every week which is unlikely.
Karren Brady was asked specifically at the first SAB meeting how much additional income the whole thing would bring in .

She refused to advise us but said "we do know that number" . Frankly, I doubt she truly did .

The reality is the attraction of the OS is the opportunity it presented to sell the Boleyn .The whole move has nothing to do with additional revenue generation and the budget that can bring Sam, it is everything to do with selling the Boleyn and paying down the debt .
horsham_hammer
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by horsham_hammer »

the pink palermo wrote:
Karren Brady was asked specifically at the first SAB meeting how much additional income the whole thing would bring in .

She refused to advise us but said "we do know that number" . Frankly, I doubt she truly did .

The reality is the attraction of the OS is the opportunity it presented to sell the Boleyn .The whole move has nothing to do with additional revenue generation and the budget that can bring Sam, it is everything to do with selling the Boleyn and paying down the debt .
Agreed, this has been clear for some time now.

I really don't understand how so many people seem to have bought into the OS - it seems pretty obvious to me that this is a very risky move for the club. An unnecessary one at that. You don't have to be a genius to see that things just don't add up. Yet so many people voted for the move believing that we will automatically be transformed into title challengers whilst paying low ticket prices! I don't understand it.

Now, a move to a purpose built, owned football stadium would be a different matter in my opinion...