Corporate waiting list

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome

westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1975 likes
Total likes: 1464 likes

Corporate waiting list

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

*Mods feel free to move

Anyone know if we have such a thing currently at the Boleyn?

Im just concerned that if there isn't then will we have empty boxes at the Athletics Stadium??
gavrosh

Re: Corporate waiting list

Post by gavrosh »

There are far more boxes at Upton Park than there will be at the olympic stadium.
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

westham,eggyandchips wrote:
Im just concerned that if there isn't then will we have empty boxes at the Athletics Stadium??
It's one train stop from Liverpool Street in the heart of the City. And 4 tube stops from Canary Wharf.

With the convenience of travel and the prestige of the 'Olympic Stadium', filling the corporate boxes is highly unlikely to be an issue!
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 746 likes
Total likes: 2903 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

The Athletics stadium will only have 15 boxes .There won't be enough to go around .

The AS will have a 1000 seat posh - ish restaurant , I think they are calling it the pavilion or something .

I'd expect it to be sold out most weeks .
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 49 likes

Post by Rocketron »

Would people that would go as "corporate" really use the Jubilee line like the rest of us ?
Francoisvander or else
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 98 likes

Post by Francoisvander or else »

westham,eggyandchips wrote:
It's one train stop from Liverpool Street in the heart of the City. And 4 tube stops from Canary Wharf.

With the convenience of travel and the prestige of the 'Olympic Stadium', filling the corporate boxes is highly unlikely to be an issue![/quote]

Completely irrelevant as most people in the city don't work weekends, I'm sure they will be gagging to turn up for an early round league cup game though lol
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

Francoisvander or else wrote:
Completely irrelevant as most people in the city don't work weekends
I'm fully aware of that thanks. And it is relevant.

The point being they can attend without going much beyond their normal commute, making it a far more attractive proposition - whether at weekends or not.

Additionally they'll be a significant number of foreign business trippers staying at hotels in the City or Docklands.. including during weekends..
westham,eggyandchips

the pink palermo wrote:The Athletics stadium will only have 15 boxes .There won't be enough to go around .

The AS will have a 1000 seat posh - ish restaurant , I think they are calling it the pavilion or something .

I'd expect it to be sold out most weeks .
Be interesting to see how they migrate the current box holders across. They spend upwards of 10k a season at the Boleyn. How will the club recoup that money if there isn't enough to go round?

Another blind f-up by the club then. :fsake:
eastsider
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by eastsider »

[quote="Francoisvander or else"]

Completely irrelevant as most people in the city don't work weekends (Quote.)

Handy and cheaper though if you have a rail season ticket for the daily commute!! :crest:
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Be interesting to see how they migrate the current box holders across. They spend upwards of 10k a season at the Boleyn. How will the club recoup that money if there isn't enough to go round?
It's actually a very good move .

Shifting 1000 seats in a restaurant at £120 each plus VAT is easier than the hero shot of shifting 60 boxes at £38k .

A junior sales manager could justify taking 4 clients half a dozen times a year far easier than persuading his boss the box is worth the extra .
The Rebirth
It's all about the confidence

Post by The Rebirth »

Rocketron wrote:Would people that would go as "corporate" really use the Jubilee line like the rest of us ?
Don't really know if you're being sarcastic but the Jubilee is connected to Canary Wharf so I'd hazard a guess and say yes.

Saying that we almost always go to corporate days at Wembley on the Met line as Aldgate is down the road.
gavrosh

Post by gavrosh »

Shifting 1000 seats in a restaurant at £120 each plus VAT is easier than the hero shot of shifting 60 boxes at £38k .

right but for us its how much we see out of it. I'm afraid it'll be not very much.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

gavrosh wrote: right but for us its how much we see out of it. I'm afraid it'll be not very much.
The very point I made to Dame Karren about three years ago at a SAB meeting and got shouted down by other supporters who were busy bowing in her general direction .
Bitter 'n' Twisted

Post by Bitter 'n' Twisted »

Some people never learn to take a hint.
James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by James P »

Apparently boxes are out these days. They ended up removing a load of them at The Emirates. Corporate hospitality is different these days. I've heard we're using the guy who sorted the corporate areas of the Emirates and he's learnt from their mistakes.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

Is it that the Corporates prefer to be part of the crowd rather than enclosed in a box?
westham,eggyandchips

Hammers80 wrote:Is it that the Corporates prefer to be part of the crowd rather than enclosed in a box?
Well the food and atmosphere have been better in a small box than the the rest of the Boleyn in recent seasons! 8-)
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

Rocketron wrote:Would people that would go as "corporate" really use the Jubilee line like the rest of us ?
The most relevant aspect! If you can afford to go corporate you wouldn't be using the joyless London Underground!
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Well we ain't got mich of a waiting list now, upgrade to fhe Legends lounge available for the next 3 home games
Estuary
Has liked: 249 likes
Total likes: 109 likes

Post by Estuary »

]Well we ain't got mich of a waiting list now, upgrade to fhe Legends lounge available for the next 3 home games
Thats the restuarant Pop, the Lounge itself is sold out for the season. They advertise like this as you get an hours access in the Legends Lounge proper for pre-meal drinks if you are in seated in the half of the Legends Restuarant that doesn't have a bar.