Pie n Mash

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Jimbo3

Pie n Mash

Post by Jimbo3 »

I emailed this question to Karen's Stadium Newsletter so we'll see if it gets answered.

But does anyone know if businesses like Nathan's will be offered the chance to relocate or whether pie n mash will be part of the catering options at the new stadium?
Looking at the queues outside Nathan's nefore each home game, pie n mash is a big part of the matchday experience for a huge number of fans. We'll miss it and they'll certainly miss the turnover on a Saturday lunchtime.
likemydreams
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Re: Pie n Mash

Post by likemydreams »

Another pie and mash thread :scarfer: I'll be eating in kellys in roman market before the games pisses on nathens anyway
Jimbo3

Post by Jimbo3 »

Thanks, I'll give that a try. Nothing like planning ahead !
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

nathans will be closing when they move to the olympic toilet
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

cockney hammer wrote:nathans will be closing when they move to the olympic toilet
Add that one to the must do one more time before we move list.
mywhufc

Post by mywhufc »

cockney hammer wrote:nathans will be closing when they move to the olympic toilet
Brady claimed she loves her Nathan's pie mash once when I asked in there she sends staff out to collect but as of last season they hadn't been asked about relocating, and I too have been told that they will close when WHU move.
That was my dinner after Saturday morning pictures and Thursday night tea as well, it is an acquired Taste though as they use a different pastry to the traditional pie usually used.
My boy loves his pie mash more than KFC or McDs or anything else, 1 place he don't like though is Nathan's
likemydreams
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by likemydreams »

Nathens short crust pastry is terrible , has to be suet
e10hammer

Post by e10hammer »

Not that keen on Nathans pies, but as mentioned kellys down the roman is better, we used to back in the seventies always have pie n mash at bow road by the church, can't remember if that was a kellys also but always in the bow bells then pie n mash and on to the hammers, happy days.
Knitted West Ham Man

Post by Knitted West Ham Man »

Nathan's isn't even a proper pie and mash shop.

As has been said the only and best option at the moment is Kelly's down the Roman. They are down to one shop in the Roman now (from two, and the closed one was nearer to the OS).

Unless they see the light and open a branch at Westfield.....
gavrosh

Post by gavrosh »

Robins in East Ham was good, shame it closed down.

The pies in Manze's in Walthamstow are really bad, full of gristle.

F Cooke on Broadway Market is pretty good and they also do fruit pies.

Ive never ben to the Eel and Pie House in Leytonstone but I've heard good things about it.
@TFSH_WHUFC
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by @TFSH_WHUFC »

Robins Pie n Mash is by far the best, even though they closed East Ham down they are still in Romford and Basildon, I even think they have one in Wanstead, I would love them to open an outlet in Stratford just to cater for supporters.

I tried Nathans many years ago and never liked it like I do Robins, if you put Nathans and Robins next to each other in a street I know who would win.

Come on Robins, get your finger out and get it moving.......................... :scarfer:
Hackney Hammer

Post by Hackney Hammer »

Olympic toilet?

I take it you won't be attending any games there then? Oh wait, you don't even attend matches now.
mywhufc

Post by mywhufc »

Hackney Hammer wrote:Olympic toilet?

I take it you won't be attending any games there then? Oh wait, you don't even attend matches now.
Out of order comment :thdn:
bejeezus

Post by bejeezus »

mywhufc wrote: Out of order comment
Sounded reasonable to me?

But then, I guess you believe you have a monopoly on contentious statements?

:hush:
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rocketron »

mywhufc wrote: Out of order comment
bejeezus wrote: Sounded reasonable to me?

But then, I guess you believe you have a monopoly on contentious statements?

:hush:
Then you must also be an ignoramus.
CH doesn't go because of his eyesight problems.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

thanks ron not that i have to justify myself to hh as i notice he likes to put me down but here gos

up to three and a half years ago i go diagnosed with diabetes
not that i am overweight it seems to run in the family anyway up to that point i held a season ticket in the chicken run for thirty three years before my eye sight went wonky i went to the optician and got glasses things was great for three months then i noticed i was having trouble with seeing the goal at the north bank end sorry the sir trev stand..

anyway i found out i had mild cataracts then the biggest blow of all was when i was sent to moorfields eye hospital they then discovered that i have macular degeneration and i have bleeding behind the eyeballs

sadly they can not touch the cataracts at the moment because of bleeding behind the eyeballs.. i have had nine courses of laser eye surgery which believe me hurts like a bitch...

as i said i held a season ticket for thirty three years before
i got married i did not miss a home or away game for twenty five seasons

i have seen the irons play on 83 of the ninety two league grounds and have followed west ham in europe the last being metz away

i was the second one on the pitch when we had the infamous bond scheme protest and went to most of the meetings

i am on the cover of terrance browns book brown out holding the brown out banner that is me on the right holding it up

if you want to ask someone about following west ham ask romford he know the time i have spent doing it

hh i am sorry it offends you that i do not go anymore but if you new the pain in my heart when saturday comes and i have to stay in here and not being able to to go you might understand

it kills me and i often have tears in my eyes when i am in the kitchen and i am making a tea and i hear the roar go up from the boleyn when we score

never take your eyesight for granted hh as it has f ucked my life up in more ways then one

steve
bejeezus

Post by bejeezus »

Rocketron wrote: Then you must also be an ignoramus.
So let me get this right. I am an ignoramus because I am supposed to know every individual posters reasons for going or not going to matches?

While I am sorry to hear of cockney hammers' diabetes (which BTW is also an ailment within my own family that I am also tested for regularly) If you actually read my comment it referred to the post by mywhufc who has shown himself to be quite easily the biggest ignoramus and scaremonger in this forum's history. For mywhufc to state that a comment is "Out of Order" is hypocrisy in the extreme.
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rocketron »

Rocketron wrote: Then you must also be an ignoramus.
bejeezus wrote: So let me get this right. I am an ignoramus because I am supposed to know every individual posters reasons for going or not going to matches?

While I am sorry to hear of cockney hammers' diabetes (which BTW is also an ailment within my own family that I am also tested for regularly) If you actually read my comment it referred to the post by mywhufc who has shown himself to be quite easily the biggest ignoramus and scaremonger in this forum's history. For mywhufc to state that a comment is "Out of Order" is hypocrisy in the extreme.
Not every individuall poster, no.
Not knowing CH, yes.
mywhufc

Post by mywhufc »

bejeezus wrote: If you actually read my comment it referred to the post by mywhufc who has shown himself to be quite easily the biggest ignoramus and scaremonger in this forum's history. For mywhufc to state that a comment is "Out of Order" is hypocrisy in the extreme.
Wow, what an honour the biggest ignoramus and scaremongerer in the forums history
As for the hypocrisy comment
:eh:
I don't go into personal digs so a bit mystified what was hypocritical about my comment
Regular users of the forum will know CH's reason for not attending these days
So I was surprised to see the dig at CH, but feel free to continue digging me out as I don't give a toss
RichieRiv
Has liked: 307 likes
Total likes: 802 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

Sly little digs over the internet. ****ing hero.