Migration Policy and Bondholders meeting

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome

Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Migration Policy and Bondholders meeting

Post by Pop Robson »

A few points from the meeting,

Show a CGI video of the walk from Stratford and a fly over the stadium, along with pictures of the corporate areas, Arnold Hills Suite was shown, although he was man of the people !

Seems a lot of effort is being out into making sure it does feel like a home ground. There was a claret and blue wrap shown around the stadium. Claret Hammers shown on the seats, with a large one the central area of the East Stand upper and lower tier.

14 min walk from Stratford Station, 7 from Stratford International.

Discussions ongoing with Westfield and a new area management company, over the car parks, people movement, access to Westfield after a game etc.

Club London (not club West Ham), corporate seats on sale soon, sign up for 3yrs around £200-300 a month on top of initial fee

Any STH at present in the West Stand centre block upper and lower will not be getting like for like ST seats, these will be premium seats, booted out basically but a choice in the East Stand but,.....Band 1 seat prices to be similar price as now, some will be dearer (Probably halfway line)

Concessions prices will still be available,, no details

No downgrading from your existing seat Band, this is stop the cheaper seats being taken by people moving down before those already in those Bands to get a chance to pick (Apparently this has caused issues at other stadiums)

All new ST seats to be chosen using IO-Media Virtual Stadium software at the Westfield Marketing suite, shown a demo. Alas no going and seeing the view from the seat in person.

Up to 8000 away fans for Cup games, away fans in the South Stand behind the goal and towards to corner

Migration for STH to start around April 2015.

A couple of warm up games at the OS was mentioned before the season starts

They also have the viewing distances from the seats.
Last edited by Pop Robson on Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 746 likes
Total likes: 2903 likes

Re: Migration Policy and Bondholders meeting

Post by the pink palermo »

Pop Robson wrote:Any STH at present in the West Stand centre block upper and lower will not be getting like for like ST seats, these will be premium seats, booted out basically but a choice in the East Stand but,.....
So those in the current East on the half way line get preferential treatment on those in the current West stand on the half way line ?

Bottom line is if you are currently in the West on the half way line you won't have a sniff at a comparable seat at the Athletics stadium .

Thanks for years of loyal support .
gavrosh

Post by gavrosh »

Yeah its going to be tough having to watch a football game facing west rather than watching a football game facing east :arry:
NorthBankAlliance

Post by NorthBankAlliance »

Pop Robson wrote:Up to 8000 away fans for Cup games, away fans in the South Stand behind the goal and towards to corner.
How many in the league Pop?
Pop Robson

Post by Pop Robson »

the pink palermo wrote: So those in the current East on the half way line get preferential treatment on those in the current West stand on the half way line ?

Bottom line is if you are currently in the West on the half way line you won't have a sniff at a comparable seat at the Athletics stadium .

Thanks for years of loyal support .
They'll be looking into this

They did mention the possibility of sitting in the next block next to the Club London members

I doubt you'll get a comparable on the East price wise, Angus mentioned some dearer seats in Band 1
gavrosh

Post by gavrosh »

POP - did the wrap look like this

or this

Pop Robson

Post by Pop Robson »

Neither, it was claret and blue and had COYI on it

Cut out those large photos can't read the text afterwards on me ipad !!!
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

Pop Robson wrote:..away fans in the South Stand behind the goal and towards to corner

Upper Tier, Lower Tier or both?

I have my concerns..
Hampshire'ammer

Post by Hampshire'ammer »

"All new ST seats to be chosen using IO-Media Virtual Stadium software at the Westfield Marketing suite, shown a demo. Alas no going and seeing the view from the seat in person."

When you say New ST Seats are you talking about only those that do not currently have a ST? - I thought there was some promise to let has take a look first, I think I would want to take a look before I commit to buy?
Pop Robson

Post by Pop Robson »

Hampshire'ammer wrote:"All new ST seats to be chosen using IO-Media Virtual Stadium software at the Westfield Marketing suite, shown a demo. Alas no going and seeing the view from the seat in person."

When you say New ST Seats are you talking about only those that do not currently have a ST? - I thought there was some promise to let has take a look first, I think I would want to take a look before I commit to buy?
Nope everyone.

Having been in the OS a few times and seen a demo of the virtual venue software, I don't think the virtual software does the trick.

Plus they're starting the process before the Rugby World Cup, which would have been a good time to get access to the stadium for at least viewings from the upper tier.
Pop Robson

Post by Pop Robson »

WestHamIFC wrote: Upper Tier, Lower Tier or both?
I have my concerns..
Both, depending on allocation
Wembley1966
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

Hampshire'ammer wrote:"All new ST seats to be chosen using IO-Media Virtual Stadium software at the Westfield Marketing suite, shown a demo. Alas no going and seeing the view from the seat in person."

I wouldn't have thought that it would be ready in enough time to allow you to have a look before selecting your seat. I would imagine that it will still be under the control of the contractors until a few weeks before our first match there. Also - it's highly unlikely that they would want to rent the stadium for additional days just so that you could sit in your seat before choosing it!

The IO-Media software is very good for seeing your immediate surroundings (ie the seats around you!) and what the view of the pitch looks like - however as it is only in 2D you get no feeling for how far away the actual pitch is - there's no depth at all to the images.

The New York Yankees stadium is a typical example: - http://yankees.io-media.com/
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2430 likes
Total likes: 76 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

Wembley1966 wrote: The New York Yankees stadium is a typical example: - http://yankees.io-media.com/
Yes, I would recommend that people have a look to see what the technology gives you. In my view it enables you to get a general impression, for example I looked at lower and upper tiers behind the hoops and unsurprisingly the upper tier a lot further away. The thing I'm not sure about is how accurate an impression it gives you, for example from the upper tier it looked to me like I might struggle to distinguish between players without seeing the numbers on their backs - in real life this might or might not be the case.

The other thing I would like to know about the migration is how they are going to run it, you can't have 20k STHs turning up on day one. Will they do it block by block, so for example BML Block 3 will default to block xyz in the OS, or will it be a free-for-all with all band 4 STHs fighting to pick a "band 4" block? What STHs will want to know is what the equivalent seat is to their current one. At the moment we have a great view on the edge of the 18 yard box, but we will want to know whether seats in the same place will be as good (I suspect not) and what our options are. To use an example, a STH who has had their seat in prime position in the East Stand for twenty years might end up in a lot less favourable a place just because other people who also have seats in the same price band getting in first choosing their seats.
MAC08
Has liked: 42 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by MAC08 »

Hampshire, all sth will need to book an appointment at the reservation centre to view their seat. Each supporter will get a 40mins appnt. Each band will be done individually, e.g cat 1 first and then the rest. That is my understanding from last night.
The Rebirth
It's all about the confidence

Post by The Rebirth »

Thanks Pop

Very interesting. The 8000 cup tickets is fine, most clubs allow more than the usual allocation. I am disappointed the Away fans haven't been stuck in the heavens though.

Can't believe someone... has moaned that they will be facing West instead of East in the new stadium....

But it doesn't matter because they're not going...

Appreciate you posting this Pop thanks again.
Devils Advocate
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by Devils Advocate »

The Rebirth wrote:The 8000 cup tickets is fine, most clubs allow more than the usual allocation.
That's because they have to. 15% is the minimum requirement, which is around 8K of the OS capacity.
James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by James P »

Devils Advocate wrote:That's because they have to. 15% is the minimum requirement
Unless you're Arsenal of course.
MD_HM
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

My understanding was their database only goes back 8 years (maybe 9 now)....

I also thought someone that knows someone that works at the club claimed the number that have continuously renewed for that period is lower than might be expected, anyone know?

I would have thought it would just be done in bands, so all those band 1 that have continuously renewed get first dibs (irrespective of stand) then band 2 and so on....

See it being on band and length on continued service over stand.... But that's just my view

My guess is there will be enough in the new East Kop to cater for this number (from current east and west) that want to renew....

I see the problem being for band 3 and 4
The Rebirth
It's all about the confidence

Post by The Rebirth »

Devils Advocate wrote:That's because they have to. 15% is the minimum requirement
Yep! which follows on to what I was thinking next...
James P wrote:Unless you're Arsenal of course.
Probably as they can fill it with their own fans who pay more! haha
97mde
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by 97mde »

Can anyone confirm the 'East Stand' at the OS, will be the one nearest to Stratford station?