Migration Policy and Bondholders meeting

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome

Graza

Re: Migration Policy and Bondholders meeting

Post by Graza »

So from this thread and the video today is the following true?
* corporate being done first
* then band a, then b etc no relation to length of holding ST
* done via a letter to book an appointment and come in for a consultation
* prices are staying the same apart from the "club London" (I f*#@ing hat that name) seats which are effectively expanded corporate seating and some of the nosebleed seats
* you can get an extra ticket or 2 for a mate/child
* cgi of what your view could look like will be shown(no doubt flatteringly)
* those in the West stand currently in blocks being consumed by the expanded corporate are expected to be bumped to the east

So the following holds
*"Affordable" football was a lie.
* Length of holding an St is irrelevant
* Corporate takes precedence over fans
* It could have been worse but the core support is still being handed the browner end of the stick.
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 155 likes
Total likes: 194 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

^^ I'd imagine there will be those from the BML being behind 1 goal, and then those from the TBL/Chav Corner/CR as near to the away fans as they can get.
MD_HM
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

Where has it been said length of season ticket is not being considered?
The Rebirth
It's all about the confidence

Post by The Rebirth »

Graza wrote:So from this thread and the video today is the following true?
* prices are staying the same apart from the "club London" (I f*#@ing hat that name) seats which are effectively expanded corporate seating and some of the nosebleed seats
* those in the West stand currently in blocks being consumed by the expanded corporate are expected to be bumped to the east

So the following holds
* It could have been worse but the core support is still being handed the browner end of the stick.
Affordable football isn't a lie exactly... although this has somewhat alarmed me that they're going to still charge up to £70 a ticket for Band A or whatever it is... is farcicle! they will never sell out at these prices....

Length of Holding a season ticket? What has that got to do with any process? When was that even listed as a criteria?

The people who pay the most get first dibs? So Corporate who we are lead to believe brings in more money than your standard season ticket sales are up first. That's fine they're in their section on the East Stand. The ladies and gentlemen like Pink are up after that considering the price they currently pay that is fair.

You go to a club pay more to be VIP and choose a table, why is this unacceptable at Football?

Oh you just hate the board... That's all it ever boils down to with you lot now....

Core support? Seriously mate wind it in, it's not the core support at all that would mean you're neglecting the guys who can afford to sit in better seats and dismissing them because of this.

It's like you relate everything to percieved social class, when it's got nothing to do with that...

YUPPIES OUT! Who remembers when Canary Wharf was being built?

Graza

Post by Graza »

The Rebirth wrote: Affordable football isn't a lie exactly... although this has somewhat alarmed me that they're going to still charge up to £70 a ticket for Band A or whatever it is... is farcicle! they will never sell out at these prices....

We will though - or near enough. Let's go with, the platform of affordable football for all was misleading due to it not stretching to people wanting to be sat in the same postcode as the game.
The Rebirth wrote: Length of Holding a season ticket? What has that got to do with any process? When was that even listed as a criteria?

Virtually every fan based discussion on a fair moving process has included a discussion on this. From the club maybe not, but from the supporters it's always been on the agenda.
The Rebirth wrote: The people who pay the most get first dibs? So Corporate who we are lead to believe brings in more money than your standard season ticket sales are up first. That's fine they're in their section on the East Stand. The ladies and gentlemen like Pink are up after that considering the price they currently pay that is fair.

You go to a club pay more to be VIP and choose a table, why is this unacceptable at Football?

I never said it wasn't, it actually makes sense as a priority system, especially when the evidence shows that as a band 1 ST holder you are probably going to pay the premium to be so again, so you let them before letting others upgrade (same as renewals). The shunting of fans around for what will be, in part at least, neutral at best corporates isn't something I think any fan would be happy with. As a business approach I understand it, as a fan it annoys me.
The Rebirth wrote: Oh you just hate the board... That's all it ever boils down to with you lot now....

What? Where did that come from?
The Rebirth wrote: Core support? Seriously mate wind it in, it's not the core support at all that would mean you're neglecting the guys who can afford to sit in better seats and dismissing them because of this.

It's like you relate everything to percieved social class, when it's got nothing to do with that...

YUPPIES OUT! Who remembers when Canary Wharf was being built?
Again what? So I shouldn't suggest that "lifelong supporters" in our board shunting lifelong supporters out of the center of the stadium grates? Wind it in? Do me a favour. It's to do with maximising income, obviously. So was JJB using child labour, doesn't make it right.

For the record I'm band 1, possibly affected by the west/East move, maybe not, and am thinking of picking up an extra seat for my kid(s) to take up when they get older but populate with friends until then. I am the @sshole who can afford it, doesn't mean that all the promises of reasonable pricing and accommodating fans being nothing but horse s#it doesn't annoy me.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

MD_HM wrote:Where has it been said length of season ticket is not being considered?
They never mentioned doing to by length of time ST held, would make sense to do though

Fair and transparent
MD_HM

Post by MD_HM »

I'd find it strange if someone that has held a "band 1" seat for 1 season if given priority over someone that has held a their "band 2" ticket for say 10 years...

Id be surprised if that was the case...
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 867 likes
Total likes: 4277 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Knighter10WHU wrote:^^ I'd imagine there will be those from the BML being behind 1 goal, and then those from the TBL/Chav Corner/CR as near to the away fans as they can get.
This is crucial.

BML and Chav Corner (and anyone else who stands) needs to be able to do the same at the OS.
Pop Robson

Post by Pop Robson »

MD_HM wrote:I'd find it strange if someone that has held a "band 1" seat for 1 season if given priority over someone that has held a their "band 2" ticket for say 10 years...

Id be surprised if that was the case...
They did say seat Bands can't downgrade and so on, stops the cheaper seats getting full before those in them get to choose.

They'd have to do by number of years held, only way to keep it fair and make it easier on numbers for the westfield appointments with your advisor, the clubs database only goes back about 10yrs.
hammers1954

Post by hammers1954 »

Graza wrote:So from this thread and the video today is the following true?

So the following holds
Corporate being done first - because it that area on sale first

Why is "affordable" football a lie? - no prices other than rumoured for corporate seating have been announced. Its been stated that corporate seating will subsidise the other seats which is how cheaper seats can be delivered. That's why the sale of those seats takes precedence over the rest of us. This higher end corporate offer was always going to be out of the range of most of us.

I just don't see on the evidence of the last few days how the ordinary fan is getting the "browner end of the stick". The corporate seating takes 3,700, roughly 6% of the capacity, plus a maximum of 5,000 for the away support leaving just 45,300 for the rest of us. The club have to find ways of selling those extra 10,000 plus general admission seats.

By all means lets get into the stadium and then have a go if they break promises, but not now when they are trying to deliver.

As for the poster who thinks Gold and Sullivan are cretins. Did you think that when the squad they put together beat Liverpool with one on the best performances in years. If you can become a multi-millionaire when a cretin how come we are all not rolling in it?
Pop Robson

Post by Pop Robson »

At the meeting we were told that they would be dearer seats, when querying West Stand centre block STH having to move to the East Stand, probably the centre block in the East Stand.

Brady confirmed that today

"If you are a hospitality member, you will be able to move in the same bracket at a similar price. If you are a Season Ticket Holder, the same rules apply, while some areas of the ground will be cheaper.

"We will be able to take everybody with us, while offering a new tier which will help us to supplement the price of General Admission and Season Tickets."
Graza

Post by Graza »

hammers1954 wrote:Corporate being done first - because it that area on sale first
Because it is the most lucrative and possibly because it is the smallest so easiest to "cut your teeth on"

I wasn't having a dig in that post, just trying to weed out the actual information against the "words" wrapping it
hammers1954 wrote: Why is "affordable" football a lie? - no prices other than rumoured for corporate seating have been announced. Its been stated that corporate seating will subsidise the other seats which is how cheaper seats can be delivered. That's why the sale of those seats takes precedence over the rest of us. This higher end corporate offer was always going to be out of the range of most of us.
Pop beat me to the quotes above, but basically "similar" is about the best you can hope for. As most would agree the current pricing model is not "affordable football for all", this is not being delivered. "Their previous statements about the impact on cost of tickets for fans after the move sound incorrect" if lie is too strong a word.
hammers1954 wrote: I just don't see on the evidence of the last few days how the ordinary fan is getting the "browner end of the stick". The corporate seating takes 3,700, roughly 6% of the capacity, plus a maximum of 5,000 for the away support leaving just 45,300 for the rest of us. The club have to find ways of selling those extra 10,000 plus general admission seats.
Ok, to expand specifically on the moving of supporters for a higher priced "club London" central area. This is not aimed at fans. Some can afford it and will buy them but it's a corporate overspill essentially. You know how at Wembley the second half starts and the middle of the ground is empty because the people who own those seats aren't there only for the football, that is what will happen in the OS. So the teams come out second half (or first half when we play less fashionable clubs and the owners don't bother weighing in at all) not to the sound of bubbles washing over them from the whole ground including behind them, but to a partially muted empty section behind (may be taking it a bit far but you get the point) with the rest of the ground trying to fill in. Additionally it's not exactly uncommon knowledge that the seats at the back of the stand will be significantly further back than in our current residence. You aren't allowed to drop a band, so if you are being reallocated across the stadium you have a lot more people to accommodate on the East side and so some of them will be in those less desirable further back seats, but paying the same price - to look at what could be (certainly again using Wembley as the example, probably will be at times) a half empty stand across the way where they would have been in the Bolyen. That those two reasons are the crux of why I think the browner end is for the fans.
hammers1954 wrote:By all means lets get into the stadium and then have a go if they break promises, but not now when they are trying to deliver.
I'm happy to give them room to deliver, but if they contradict themselves and set things up to the detriment of the fans (in favour of a neutral at best section) I don't see what's wrong with questioning it.

As I said by band isn't actually a bad system, it allows them to sell their most expensive seats first and give them an order to do it in. It is a bit sickening that someone who is in their first season this year in band 1 will get to effectively choose their seat before someone who's got decades on their card but is band 2. Trying to balance that issue would have been inordinately complex and however they chose to do it someone would get annoyed - look at any thread trying to rehash priority points and you'll see what I mean. They've gone simple, they've gone after the coin. This in itself isn't a bad thing but given the amount of talky rubbish they've put out about the move, a handful of sentences explaining that they looked into how to make it as fair as they could and acknowledge that while it's not a perfect system it is the best they came up with wouldn't have gone amiss.
Pop Robson

Post by Pop Robson »

Graza wrote: It is a bit sickening that someone who is in their first season this year in band 1 will get to effectively choose their seat before someone who's got decades on their card but is band 2. Trying to balance that issue would have been inordinately complex and however they chose to do it someone would get annoyed - look at any thread trying to rehash priority points and you'll see what I mean. They've gone simple, they've gone after the coin. This in itself isn't a bad thing but given the amount of talky rubbish they've put out about the move, a handful of sentences explaining that they looked into how to make it as fair as they could and acknowledge that while it's not a perfect system it is the best they came up with wouldn't have gone amiss.
If they can't downgrade then they won't be able to get Band 2 anyway, but on the other hand why should a Johnnycake come lately get to choose the same time as someone who's been going for years

Hopefully the club will get the hang of their database and do it in order of yrs done as a STH

What about Band 1 STHs in the West Stand, booted out for the Club London lot that will miss most of the game, all those empty seats on TV just like arsenal et al....
e10hammer

Post by e10hammer »

I think the majority of seats lower and upper east and west stand at the o.s will be band 1and 2 prices as they are now, and will certainly be snapped up by our current season ticket holders, will the seats behind the goals remain band 4 as they are now, meaning band 3 ticket holders will be offered the worst upper tier seats in the corners and behind the goals, or maybe seats behind the goals will be band 3 and band 4 ticket holders will be moved to the worst upper tier seats, also where do they plan to relocate the family seating area at comparible prices.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1780 likes
Total likes: 2058 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Rather interestingly the back few rows in the Alpari Upper Band 1 blocks are sold at Band 2 prices, certainly for individual match tickets anyway. I assume this is because the club consider the view as being inferior, being so far from the pitch.

I wonder how far back, if at all, this cutoff will apply at the OS?
danm79
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 94 likes

Post by danm79 »

Porkeyes wrote:Has anyone got any idea where people who want to stand up / sing / shout / swear will be going? I am currently in the middle of chav corner and I want to know where like minded people will congregate. I have never sat down at a football match and don't intend to start doing so because of this pointless move.
Be interesting to see how this works, I guess once more gets announced there will be a thread or two on who's going to go where etc, personally I am in the chicken run front row by the away fans and would hope to get somewhere with the same atmosphere/view at the OS
Estuary
Has liked: 249 likes
Total likes: 110 likes

Post by Estuary »

Am in the process of choosing seats so this **** is very real now.

Brady confirmed that today
"
If you are a hospitality member, you will be able to move in the same bracket at a similar price.
She's talking nonsense. I am a corporate ST holder, but hold them personally rather than via the company. We, there are seven in our group, have had the invite to Stratford to choose seats etc ac couple of weeks back.
Once you agree where you want to sit you must pay a one off non refundable fee on selection of your seats, so thats this month Oct 2014. This guarentees your seat for three years and is a sizable nut almost equal to a years ticket price. The ticket prices are on top, and priced way more expensively than currently, although they have offered to take the payment monthly rather than in two payments five months apart which is currently the case. We will negotiate a better deal, but this feels like the bond scheme all over again.

I dont expect any will cry a tear, I dont ask that, merely pointing out that yes I have a choice of seating anywhere where the location has been open for sale, but I am paying through the nose for it. Which given that their are only 8 boxes for sale, and they need to seat the people from 72 currently, they will migrate into the stands which will see a bigger return from seating so I guess this is how the club will ensure that prime seating
yields more.
Our seats are BM6 level so that is how far they are in opening areas for sale.
Pop Robson

Post by Pop Robson »

Did they give you the option to down grade ?

From what the said some in Band 1 will be paying more for the 'same view', halfway line East Stand
MD_HM

Post by MD_HM »

Pop Robson wrote:Did they give you the option to down grade ?

From what the said some in Band 1 will be paying more for the 'same view', halfway line East Stand
That sounds about right...

I think Band 1 seats will be a bit dearer than current Band 1 seats, Band 2 seats will probably be about the same as current Band 1 prices; then Band 3 & 4 I think will be about the same as now with a new Band 5 introduced that is cheaper than any season ticket offered at present.

Those will be the seats behind the goals at a guess.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 746 likes
Total likes: 2905 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

I'll check my notes but I do recall mentioning the migration would cause the grief .