Migration Policy and Bondholders meeting

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

bengeo
Has liked: 2 likes

Re: Migration Policy and Bondholders meeting

Post by bengeo »

There doesn't seem to be much sympathy on here for West Stand STH's being moved to East but there is a very good reason for sitting in the West Stand - you don't have the sun in your eyes.
gavrosh

Post by gavrosh »

97mde wrote:Can anyone confirm the 'East Stand' at the OS, will be the one nearest to Stratford station?

Confirmed.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

19,000 in the lower tier.

If they put away fans behind one goal, that leaves 16,000

Then there's the corporate area by the tunnel leaving around 15,000.

It would be nice if they could offer those seats first to s/t holders at a fair price to reward their loyalty. Fat chance.
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2429 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

MAC08 wrote:Hampshire, all sth will need to book an appointment at the reservation centre to view their seat. Each supporter will get a 40mins appnt. Each band will be done individually, e.g cat 1 first and then the rest. That is my understanding from last night.
Thanks, so my comment still stands; say we have 10k sth in band 4, how do they decide order of appointments?
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Doc H Ball wrote:19,000 in the lower tier.

If they put away fans behind one goal, that leaves 16,000

Then there's the corporate area by the tunnel leaving around 15,000.

It would be nice if they could offer those seats first to s/t holders at a fair price to reward their loyalty. Fat chance.
Pink shows the corporate area, lower and upper. Plenty of long standing STH booted out of the West Stand

Pop Robson

Post by Pop Robson »

Hampshire Hammer wrote: Thanks, so my comment still stands; say we have 10k sth in band 4, how do they decide order of appointments?
They didn't actually say, I'd say it would have to be on the number of years you've had the ST.

If their database only goes back 10yrs then start there and work down.

Their looking at doing his before the season ends.
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2429 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

Thanks pop, hopefully they realise that this could be an issue. There is no way that they'll please everyone but if there is a published logical order rather than a free -for-all most people will understand
97mde
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by 97mde »

Thanks for confirming. This was my reasoning behind my move from West to East last season.

I know this migration issue would get messy.
e10hammer

Post by e10hammer »

We have approx 1300 seats in the family stand ( trev brooking upper) who have good seats with good views at cat 3 or 4 prices, will these season ticket holders get comparible seats?
Pop Robson

Post by Pop Robson »

e10hammer wrote:We have approx 1300 seats in the family stand ( trev brooking upper) who have good seats with good views at cat 3 or 4 prices, will these season ticket holders get comparible seats?
Going by what was said yes, but obvioulsy the view will not be the same.

Apparently they do have details of the viewing distances for each seat to compare with your existing ones.

One other thing I've just remembered was the club are very keen for supporters to invite along a friend or family that might want a ST at the OS and you'll be able to sit together.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2944 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Pop Robson wrote:One other thing I've just remembered was the club are very keen for supporters to invite along a friend or family that might want a ST at the OS and you'll be able to sit together.
So if someone who is in the East stand now , and has been a STH for 10 years invites 5 mates who have never been in their lives , to sit with him in the new stadiuum, they will get a choice of seats before someone who has been a STH for decades but just happens to be in the West Stand currently ?
Pop Robson

Post by Pop Robson »

the pink palermo wrote:
So if someone who is in the East stand now , and has been a STH for 10 years invites 5 mates who have never been in their lives , to sit with him in the new stadiuum, they will get a choice of seats before someone who has been a STH for decades but just happens to be in the West Stand currently ?
No too many mates, from what Angus said you'll be ok with 1 maybe 2, I think it's going to be very tricky to manage it all.

Don't forget us in the West Stand made homeless, do we get priority to the East Stand

They need to get the details finalised and get them out to everyone, then they can fine tune them.

Don't think it's a good idea doing before the season ends either, better during the close season.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2944 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Pop Robson wrote:Don't think it's a good idea doing before the season ends either, better during the close season.
As I previously suggested a year or so back , just wait until they announce that priority for the final season at the Boleyn will be given to those who have signed up to and accepted their seat at Stratford .

Forced at gunpoint : the Brady school of diplomacy .
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

97mde wrote:Can anyone confirm the 'East Stand' at the OS, will be the one nearest to Stratford station?
Yes. And for that reason I expect many of the currently West Stand folk (the stand currently closest to UP station) to actually be more than happy to be moved over to the East Stand in the OS.
97mde

Post by 97mde »

Which is why I moved. Will be fun to see who gets first dibs in the new East Stand. Current East Stand ticket
holders, or people migrating from West to East.
MD_HM
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

97mde wrote:Which is why I moved. Will be fun to see who gets first dibs in the new East Stand. Current East Stand ticket
holders, or people migrating from West to East.
Neither in my opinion, both are band 1 and 2 and have a side view of the pitch

I think

Those that have Band 1 that have continuously renewed for the last 10 years

Then those that have band 2 that have continuously renewed for the last 10 years

Then do the same for 9 years and so on....

I think the biggest issue is with band 3&4 seats and how they move across

So does a current band 4 holder for 10 years get dibs on a new East Stand band 1 ticket before a current band 1 holder for 9 years..... Will years trump band?

Personally think it should be on years renewed, and hazard a guess that the number of tickets for the new east stand will be enough to cater for those they have a record of renewing for the last ten years that want a ticket.... The messy bit is working out how to please the rest
hammers1954

Post by hammers1954 »

Thanks for the heads up Pop. I'm going to the second meeting next Tuesday.

If people would like to post any questions I'll do my best to get at least some of them answered.
brownout
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

It might seem a silly question, but given that we are moving to a world class category four stadium, with 20,000 more seats than the Boleyn, none of which will be further from the pitch than any at Wembley and no one will have to watch across an athletics track, plus the club have promised affordable family football, why does anyone need worry about migration policy?

Surely there will be more than enough reasonably priced seats with a good view for all existing season ticket holders.
1mcavennie
Total likes: 1 like

Post by 1mcavennie »

Hhhhm. I've currently got one of the best seats behind the goal in the BML (that I have had since the stand was built) which cost me £630 I think this year

So on the rough detail known about the migration policy as a band 4 ST holder there could be 10,000 plus higher band ST holders getting to choose their seats in the OS before I could

Given that not many will want to sit behind the goals due to distance and poor sight lines most of those 10,000 could nab the best views in the east side 'Kop'

My concern with this move was that I would have to pay more for a worse view. If that is the case then I won't buy a ST
97mde

Post by 97mde »

That's interesting. I was on the SAB, but jacked it in as a pointless protest at David Sullivan's on the throne speech on Boxing Day (yeah, I know). Anyway, I was at the meeting where they were trying to discuss the criteria for the move. It doesn't really sound they have moved forward at all. I was shocked to find out the ST records only went back 7 years. I mean I am at 22 years and my son is only on 4 years continuous renewal. We want to sit together (I think), so how to they propose to make it fair?

Sadly, there is no easy option and like the previous post says, it's bands 3/4 that will suffer even though I suspect they have held season tickets for longest at they are the cheapest.

My only benefit from the SAB, was the 20% discount. It was me that bought it up at the very first meeting and the club pretended not to know about it. I'll never forget the look on their faces.......bless.