Rugby World Cup

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Rugby World Cup

Post by Yea Why Not »

I've heard games will be played at the OS post conversion with the retractable seating in place. Is this true?!
ooh look who it is
Location: I'm a reasonable guy. But, I've just experienced some very unreasonable things.

Re: Rugby World Cup

Post by ooh look who it is »

Yes I have applied for several tickets for it.

Several games are being held there YWN

http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/home/fixtu ... index.html
War Pony
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 88 likes

Post by War Pony »

Yea Why Not wrote:I've heard games will be played at the OS post conversion with the retractable seating in place. Is this true?!
The retractable seating will not be in place for the Rugby world cup mate!

Stadium timetable:

• Removal of first 14 rows of seating and terraces – August 2013
• Roof dismantling works start – mid-October 2013
• Roof dismantled – by Spring 2014
• New roof erected – by Spring 2015
• Concessions, toilets, turnstiles, hospitality space and rugby pitch complete for use by RWC2015 – by Summer 2015
• RWC2015 matches – September and October 2015
• Retractable seating install, hospitality fit-out, football pitch and athletic track complete – by Summer 2016
• 2016 Diamond League – July 2016
• 2016 Football Season starts – August 2016
• 2017 IPC & IAAF World Athletic Championships

Post by e10hammer »

I think war pony is correct that the retractable seating will not be in place for the rugby world cup, which will be a shock for supporters in the dear seats paying up to £175 and watching across a running track,still the £175 seats in the upper tiers will have the same views in football mode.
Yea Why Not

Post by Yea Why Not »

Ok, cheers

I've applied for tickets, fingers crossed
hammers1954

Post by hammers1954 »

I've also applied for tickets for2 of three games at OS. Told that it will go to ballot.

Here's hoping!
brownout
Has liked: 96 likes
Total likes: 179 likes

Post by brownout »

e10hammer wrote:I think war pony is correct that the retractable seating will not be in place for the rugby world cup, which will be a shock for supporters in the dear seats paying up to £175 and watching across a running track,still the £175 seats in the upper tiers will have the same views in football mode.
Once we move in every West Ham fan other than the lucky 15,000 or so in the lower tier will be watching across a running track.
easthammer2

Post by easthammer2 »

And as someone who who sat looking at sport across the running track , it is no different to sitting at UP now with that gap between the west stand and the pitch ..

I could see everything from my seat at the Olympics.
Yea Why Not

Post by Yea Why Not »

easthammer2 wrote:And as someone who who sat looking at sport across the running track , it is no different to sitting at UP now with that gap between the west stand and the pitch ..

Thanks for that

You should have posted this more often :D To be fair, I haven't heard anyone who has actually been to the OS say anything bad about their view
James P
Has liked: 27 likes
Total likes: 169 likes

Post by James P »

easthammer2 wrote:And as someone who who sat looking at sport across the running track , it is no different to sitting at UP now with that gap between the west stand and the pitch ..

It's missing the point in my opinion. I went to the paralympics and my view from towards the back was clear and unobstructed and as you say I could see everything. It wasn't close though. It wasn't what I consider a football view.

I sit in the BML and when we scored the first two on Saturday Adrian turned and gave us all the clenched fists and the lion face and he was right there in front of us. All of that will be gone at the OS in my opinion. It will be a shame.