Arnold Hills and Royal East Club London Prices

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome

Doc H Ball
Has liked: 914 likes
Total likes: 1902 likes

Re: Arnold Hills and Royal East Club London Prices

Post by Doc H Ball »

James Rutherford, the Club's new supporter liaison officer just e mailed me:

'It has always been the intention to make the same banded seats in the same areas cheaper....

With the stands behind the goals these are envisaged to reflect the same bands as they are currently and prices should most definitely be no more than they were here'.

:thup:
mywhufc

Post by mywhufc »

Doc H Ball wrote:James Rutherford, the Club's new supporter liaison officer just e mailed me:

'It has always been the intention to make the same banded seats in the same areas cheaper....

With the stands behind the goals these are envisaged to reflect the same bands as they are currently and prices should most definitely be no more than they were here'.

:thup:
if you sit upstairs behind the goal at the boleyn, you wont want to do that at the OS, only option is to upgrade.
even the lower tiers behind the goal are still further back than currently.
Doc H Ball

Post by Doc H Ball »

Sure, but there was talk on here of £1000-1500 for lower tier tickets. If our SLO is right they should go for around the same price or less than I pay now in the BML.

Unless he's been deceived from the off....
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1780 likes
Total likes: 2058 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Doc H Ball wrote:...............................................

.............................................................:
Interesting. Being a natural cynic (my definition:- an optimist with experience), that leaves open the option to physically extend the bands without contradicting his statement.

At the moment, Band 1 extends from the halfway line to roughly the middle of each half, and Band 2 is from there to the goal line. Bands 3 and 4 are the corners and 'upstairs and downstairs'.

I can see Band 1 at the OS extending from goal line to goal line. As long as the tickets were less expensive than Band 1 is now, his statement would technically be true.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Angus Kinnear mentioned a dearer band, probably East Stand halfway line. As the discussion was about present day West Stand halfway line STHs being booted out for corporates .
Doc H Ball

Post by Doc H Ball »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote: Interesting. Being a natural cynic (my definition:- an optimist with experience), that leaves open the option to physically extend the bands without contradicting his statement.
Behind the goals is behind the goals though. Not much room to redefine those.

Anyway, this bloke is our 'representative' so he's not using weasel words and must be speaking as he believes.