The Stratford Reservations Centre Appointments !

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome

Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

The Stratford Reservations Centre Appointments !

Post by Pop Robson »

Be there or be square !

Why not have the IO Media virtual venue software online as plenty of American sports venues already do, even via a password if the club don't want everyone seeing it !

From the latest OS newsletter

Q. What happens if I can't make my appointment at the Reservation Centre?

A: With over 40,000 supporters expected through the Reservation Centre doors, the logistics are naturally finely balanced and so it is really important that you try to stick to your allocated time slot to avoid losing your priority place.
In the event that you are unable to make your appointment, we ask that you contact the Reservation Centre in good time. The contact details will be included in your appointment notification.
While we will be doing our utmost to accommodate each individual and group appointment, last-minute cancellations or missed appointments will likely result in them being rescheduled at a later priority window.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 867 likes
Total likes: 4277 likes

Re: The Stratford Reservations Centre Appointments !

Post by Aztec Hammer »

I'm confused. When we will be told of our appointment times?

And how is this going to result in sections of the Boleyn migrating together to sections of the OS? I'd like to be in with the BML crew, even if some of them are proper lunches! :P
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 128 likes
Total likes: 329 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

For those who live miles outside London and getting a train in for an appointment, there will be a huge difference in the cost of an off peak ticket and one for a train that arrives before 11am. Every chance I will be asking them to switch the time to allow for it.
Whitters
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by Whitters »

Westbourne Bill wrote:For those who live miles outside London and getting a train in for an appointment, there will be a huge difference in the cost of an off peak ticket and one for a train that arrives before 11am. Every chance I will be asking them to switch the time to allow for it.

Not to mention those, like myself, who live overseas. I'll need a weekend appointment, preferably one when I'd be over for a game anyway too.
Kitt the car
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Kitt the car »

Westbourne Bill wrote:For those who live miles outside London and getting a train in for an appointment, there will be a huge difference in the cost of an off peak ticket and one for a train that arrives before 11am. Every chance I will be asking them to switch the time to allow for it.
I fall into this catogory, train tickets, time off work etc. What's actually more annoying for me though is the fact I'll have to travel not only to London but to all the way to Stratford, a stones throw from the actual stadium to sit in an appointment centre to pick a seat from a computer screen.

It makes more sense for them to just host it on a website, like many american teams do and pick from there, all people who want to sit together can do that and I'm sure via Twitter/on fan websites such as this we could properly organise where all the 'noisy lot' want to sit etc.
Last edited by Kitt the car on Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Just downloaded the Seattle Sounders Fc virtual venue off IO Media website onto an ipad in a couple of seconds !

While WHU STHs have to sit with a sales person in Stratford for a schedule appointment of their choice :?
97mde
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by 97mde »

Friend on this mornings train told me his work colleague who has a box had been over there for his appointment last week and was getting prices for a box/season ticket. Seemed to think the season tickets were going to be around 2/3 Grand. Can't be right can It?
brownout
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 173 likes

Post by brownout »

Can anyone explain why we are expected to choose our seats more than a year before it is necessary and before we have a chance to see the stadium?
e10hammer

Post by e10hammer »

They say with over 40,000 expected through the reservation centre doors, now am I missing something, but who are all these extra thousands, I thought they were only inviting current corporate and season ticket holders, or can I make an appointment has a member?
AMC1964

Post by AMC1964 »

97mde wrote:Friend on this mornings train told me his work colleague who has a box had been over there for his appointment last week and was getting prices for a box/season ticket. Seemed to think the season tickets were going to be around 2/3 Grand. Can't be right can It?

I believe that what the sort of money they want in the Roal London lounge etc..corp level. Not surprised by that tbh, no much diferent to now either...
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 155 likes
Total likes: 194 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

Exactly. How can I justify spending 4+ hours of my time travelling and £30 to Stratford to look at a screen showing a computer generated image of a new stadium and choosing how to invest hundreds of pounds of my money. Honestly, this is the biggest farce of the lot for me.
HamburgHammer
Location: Too far away from Upton Park, Hamburg, Germany, to be precise
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by HamburgHammer »

Surely if they are convinced the people will like the view on the screen enough to make 40.000 appointments it should be a lot cheaper and easier for everyone involved to have the virtual seating plan with view from your seat option like they do on the websited of American ice hockey, baseball and American Football teams.

You can then later link the virtual searing plan with the ticket office so people can order seats that aren't being occupied by season ticket holders from the comfort of their own homes...
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 128 likes
Total likes: 329 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

HamburgHammer wrote:Surely if they are convinced the people will like the view on the screen enough to make 40.000 appointments it should be a lot cheaper and easier for everyone involved to have the virtual seating plan with view from your seat option like they do on the websited of American ice hockey, baseball and American Football teams.

You can then later link the virtual searing plan with the ticket office so people can order seats that aren't being occupied by season ticket holders from the comfort of their own homes...
I agree. I don't understand why they have made it more difficult for themselves, although I accept it would be wrong to assume every single ST holder is computer savvy.

I've assumed appointments will be Mon-Fri only. Does anyone know?
MrDallas
Total likes: 1 like

Post by MrDallas »

Think when we get our apointments (STH) the centre will be open same time as westfields is so evenings and weekends not just 9-5 etc
Estuary
Has liked: 249 likes
Total likes: 110 likes

Post by Estuary »

97mde wrote:Friend on this mornings train told me his work colleague who has a box had been over there for his appointment last week and was getting prices for a box/season ticket. Seemed to think the season tickets were going to be around 2/3 Grand. Can't be right can It?
That's correct for entry level hospitality. Went and chose our seats yesterday.
They expect 40,000 people to come through the centre between now and Aug 2016, that's why they are starting now. I was in the first 200.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1035 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

How did it go Estuary? Was it slick, professional and exciting or a bit pony, polished turd and desperate?
Wembley1966
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

Estuary - Did you capture a screenshot of the view from your seat - or was that the one going around yesterday?
Estuary
Has liked: 249 likes
Total likes: 110 likes

Post by Estuary »

Georgee - In truth very good, both professional and personal. The MD came to our presentation as we are not able to transfer like for like and I think they thought we would kick off. I won't bore you with why we cant transfer our seats as is, but we got offered a decent alternative that met most of our priorities and won the battles we could win. It was very pleasant, got a decent cup of tea to.

1966 - We had the virtual view shown to us, and watched a film. We have had the screen shots of various views on offer to us for a while now, yesterday was making your mind up time.
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 49 likes

Post by Rocketron »

Why would anybody buy a season ticket without having watched at least a couple of games beforehand ?
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 155 likes
Total likes: 194 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

Rocketron wrote:Why would anybody buy a season ticket without having watched at least a couple of games beforehand ?
Cheaper the earlier you buy (assuming)
Missing out on buying a ST in the area you want
Missing out on buying a ST with like minded supporters.