The Stratford Reservations Centre Appointments !

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome

Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 49 likes

Re: The Stratford Reservations Centre Appointments !

Post by Rocketron »

Rocketron wrote:Why would anybody buy a season ticket without having watched at least a couple of games beforehand ?
Knighter10WHU wrote: Cheaper the earlier you buy (assuming)
Missing out on buying a ST in the area you want
Missing out on buying a ST with like minded supporters.
You don't know what the view is going to be like in real life.
War Pony
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 86 likes

Post by War Pony »

Arsenal fans at the emirates, and infact... Any new stadium, fans won't know what the view is going to be like!

Bit of a nothing argument that!
Rocketron

Post by Rocketron »

War Pony wrote:Arsenal fans at the emirates, and infact... Any new stadium, fans won't know what the view is going to be like!

Bit of a nothing argument that!
I'm not trying to start an argument.
I'm merely saying I won't buy a Season Ticket without being able to watch the team play from at least two different seats in the new stadium.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

The Upper tier has been in situ since 2012, why not organise viewings for groups of 20 or so STH at a time in between the rugby World Cup games ?
hammers1954

Post by hammers1954 »

Pop Robson wrote:The Upper tier has been in situ since 2012, why not organise viewings for groups of 20 or so STH at a time in between the rugby World Cup games ?
Like his namesake Pop is spot on here! I've applied for rugby tickets at the OS. The main reason, albeit I don't mind watching the egg chasers, is that I wanted to see inside the refurbished stadium and the area outside in the 'halo'.

As Pop infers as I understand it the retractable for the lower tier will not be installed until after the rugby world cup.
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2430 likes
Total likes: 76 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

hammers1954 wrote: I've applied for rugby tickets at the OS. The main reason, albeit I don't mind watching the egg chasers, is that I wanted to see inside the refurbished stadium and the area outside in the 'halo'.
That's an excellent idea, the trouble is as I understand it we will have to commit and chose our seats before the Rugby WC.
Whitters
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by Whitters »

The club currently allow you to move seat, why wouldn't they at the OS, assuming of course that it isn't sold out entirely to ST holders (which even if there was the demand I doubt they would or should do).
Big George
Has liked: 135 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by Big George »

are you sent a personal email? I've been a STH for many years and haven't heard anything

*edit... Just called them. Its just for corporates, not for the likes of us
Estuary
Has liked: 251 likes
Total likes: 110 likes

Post by Estuary »

Big George wrote:are you sent a personal email? I've been a STH for many years and haven't heard anything

*edit... Just called them. Its just for corporates, not for the likes of us
Band 1 starts January George.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Not long then, if only the club would reveal the details

I mean what's there to hide ?
MD_HM
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

Band 1 starts Jan?

I have been pro the move but can't understand for the life of me how they can give a Band 1 season ticket holder for only 1 season first choice of seats over a Band 2, 3 or 4 season ticket holder who has had their seat for 10, 20, or 30 years...

Also had they of made this clear then many might have chosen to upgrade their seats this year to get first choice

I always presumed length of service would be the number one criteria and the only fair way to do it...

That's bad darts given someone with 1 season under their belt first choice :thdn:
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2430 likes
Total likes: 76 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

Given that, as I understand it, there will probably be more seats available in each band than there are at the Boleyn I can understand the logic - provided you can only locate in the same band. Then in each band you are dealt with in the order of your length of time holding a ST. In that way it doesn't matter if a Band 1 STH who has held it 1 year is processed before a Band 2 STH who has held it 20 years as the two STHs will not be able to select the same seat. It would only matter if the Band 1 STH could select a Band 2 seat or the Band 2 STH wanted to move to Band 1.

To me the bigger issue is having to travel to Stratford to select your seat, plenty of people might be able to travel at the scheduled time and why should we have to spend extra money? The technology is available now to do this online, if they can show a virtual view in the shop they can do it online.
mywhufc

Post by mywhufc »

Hampshire Hammer wrote:Given that, as I understand it, there will probably be more seats available in each band than there are at the Boleyn I can understand the logic - provided you can only locate in the same band. Then in each band you are dealt with in the order of your length of time holding a ST. In that way it doesn't matter if a Band 1 STH who has held it 1 year is processed before a Band 2 STH who has held it 20 years as the two STHs will not be able to select the same seat. It would only matter if the Band 1 STH could select a Band 2 seat or the Band 2 STH wanted to move to Band 1.

To me the bigger issue is having to travel to Stratford to select your seat, plenty of people might be able to travel at the scheduled time and why should we have to spend extra money? The technology is available now to do this online, if they can show a virtual view in the shop they can do it online.
band 1 can only buy band 1, but band 2 can buy band 1 if they want as well as band 2, then so and son, until all bands have been seen, then those wishing to move down a band will be served.

why go to Stratford?
if your at home doing it on line, you may decide to wait or not buy just then,
but in person with a trained salesmen give it the hard sell, bull**** etc etc, then they will get a better strike rate.
we are just pawns in their game to have the money rinsed from us as quick as possible.
bearing in mind that corporate are having to pay deposits, i would imagine it being the same for ST holders
so we could have to pay a deposit for a season before we actually renewed our STs for the preceding season.
Big George
Has liked: 135 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by Big George »

mywhufc wrote: band 1 can only buy band 1, but band 2 can buy band 1 if they want as well as band 2, then so and son, until all bands have been seen, then those wishing to move down a band will be served.

why go to Stratford?
if your at home doing it on line, you may decide to wait or not buy just then,
but in person with a trained salesmen give it the hard sell, bull**** etc etc, then they will get a better strike rate.
we are just pawns in their game to have the money rinsed from us as quick as possible.
bearing in mind that corporate are having to pay deposits, i would imagine it being the same for ST holders
so we could have to pay a deposit for a season before we actually renewed our STs for the preceding season.
Something to feed back through our new SLO. :lol:
MD_HM

Post by MD_HM »

That's my point on bands.

Someone who is currently band 2, 3 or 4 that has held a season for 10, 20 or 30 years may wish to upgrade a band in the OS and they should get this opportunity before someone that has held a band 1 for only one season.

Personally if they do it this way not including length of service and when I go they don't have the seats I want I just won't renew, I won't just take whatever is left if they have given the best seats away to someone with just a year under their belt.

I agree on the reason they want you there in person but also I imagine most people will have loads of questions before or during picking their seat so it makes sense for that reason too.
Rocketron

Post by Rocketron »

I am not going to buy a season ticket at a ground I have never been to without watching at least two games.
I don't think I am alone, but have no proof.
I'll pay full whack for the first two home games and then decide.
I don't think I will have any problem getting the reduced season ticket as I don't believe they will all have been sold.
MD_HM

Post by MD_HM »

Depends on where you want to sit.... I think there is a good chance all Band 1 seats will go hence my concern over shafting the longest serving season ticket holders for those that have been there a year
Greatest Hits Vol1
Has liked: 438 likes
Total likes: 37 likes

Post by Greatest Hits Vol1 »

Will I have to pay for and select my 2016-17 seat at the olympic stadium before we even start the 2015-16 season? I don't even know if I'll still be living in this country come 2016.
hammers1954

Post by hammers1954 »

Sorry to put another fly in the ointment, but even before band 1 & 2 band STH can have their choice Bondholders will be in front of them in the queue.

I asked the club whether among STH would Bondholders have priority in choosing their seat in the OS they confirmed they would.
MD_HM

Post by MD_HM »

Rightly or wrongly I can understand the rationale of bondholders getting choice first... They do already for away or cup final tickets etc... Don't they?

But giving someone priority that has only held a seat for a year over someone that has held one for 30 years is ridiculous.