The Stratford Reservations Centre Appointments !

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome

hammers1954

Re: The Stratford Reservations Centre Appointments !

Post by hammers1954 »

MD_HM wrote:Rightly or wrongly I can understand the rationale of bondholders getting choice first... They do already for away or cup final tickets etc... Don't they?

But giving someone priority that has only held a seat for a year over someone that has held one for 30 years is ridiculous.
Agree with you on both points. The club would argue that they only have STH records for six or seen years which is really rather poor.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Pop Robson wrote:Not long then, if only the club would reveal the details

I mean what's there to hide ?
Can I repeat myself ?
trick88

Post by trick88 »

Greatest Hits Vol1 wrote:Will I have to pay for and select my 2016-17 seat at the olympic stadium before we even start the 2015-16 season? I don't even know if I'll still be living in this country come 2016.
This. Do we actually have to pay for the full season ticket before i pay for my 2015-16 ticket?
e10hammer

Post by e10hammer »

An interesting question as to whether applicants for season tickets in the o.s will have to pay up front or maybe a deposit, and will these payments be non refundable, i suspect they want some kind of payment up front to secure a seat before supporters see the stadium for themselves at the rugby world cup.
hammers1954

Post by hammers1954 »

e10hammer wrote:An interesting question as to whether applicants for season tickets in the o.s will have to pay up front or maybe a deposit, and will these payments be non refundable, i suspect they want some kind of payment up front to secure a seat before supporters see the stadium for themselves at the rugby world cup.
Surely it has to be, if anything, a small refundable deposit. Far from everyone will not have the chance like I do to see the inside of the OS at the rugby world cup. Even I would hope to have the chance to change my mind
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 49 likes

Post by Rocketron »

Why are you all bothered ?
Tell the club you're not going to renew until you have bee able to see at least 2 games from inside the stadium.
There will soon be plenty of friendlies arranged.
Broomfield Hammer
Location: The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy.
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Broomfield Hammer »

MD_HM wrote:But giving someone priority that has only held a seat for a year over someone that has held one for 30 years is ridiculous.
It's essentially the same as it works now - existing season ticket holders get the chance to renew their seat for the next season before anyone gets the opportunity to move seat.
MD_HM
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

That's renewing your existing seat which you have picked and are happy with so different.

This is a totally new stadium with different seating and views so effectively it's about the opportunity to choose a new seat.... Such priority is being given on band over length of ticket

I presume it would have been harder for them to work it out based on years of renewing over bands so that's why they have opted for the easier option to administrate.

I just believe that the length of time you have held your season ticket should trump other factors, essentially someone that has spent £950 may get a choice before someone that have spent £20k+ Just as an example
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 746 likes
Total likes: 2910 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

MD-mm

Why are you worried ?

Those who have paid for a Band 1 seat will get first pick , but the band 1 seated fans will be prioritised on tenure , so those who have had a band 1 for 8 years will be top of the queue and those who have only been band 1 members for 1 year will be at the bottom of that queue .

If you are a Band 4 holder the same principle applies - you'll be able to select your band 4 seat first if you have been there for eons compared with someone who only turned up last year .

Those fans had a chance to upgrade this year if they wanted .....they chose not to, instead choosing a cheaper seat .

I'm sure the 85% who wanted the move or those who said "wait and see" had thought all this through .

I'm sure they must have .

The reality is if you are in a band 4 seat now you'll have a crap view for ever at the Athletics stadium .

But it will be cheap , just like it is for you now .

Affordable football .The sightlines are the same as Wembley apparently .
wizzo_66
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by wizzo_66 »

the pink palermo wrote: The reality is if you are in a band 4 seat now you'll have a crap view for ever at the Athletics stadium .
I'm not convinced mate. I think a lot of changes are going to happen.

The club have explicitly said that you will be able to move up bands, but not down. So if you're in band 1 now, there's no where to go.

I have a band 4 seat at the moment because of the view/atmosphere/location combination in the ground. No financial motives whatsoever.

Those that can afford band 1 in Boleyn will not necessarily be able to afford band 1 in the OS - but they cannot move down a band, so they're stuck.

I'm in band 4 now but can buy tickets in band 4, 3, 2 and 1 depending on the availability. If I decide I can afford a band 1 ticket, I am not convinced they will all be snapped up straight away....
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1780 likes
Total likes: 2059 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Presumably a current Band 1 ST who wants to trade down can choose to not buy in Band 1 at the OS and take their chance when/if they go to general sale.
wizzo_66
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by wizzo_66 »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:Presumably a current Band 1 ST who wants to trade down can choose to not buy in Band 1 at the OS and take their chance when/if they go to general sale.
Of course. Fellow band 1, 2, 3 and 4 season ticket holders will get a shot at seats first though, that's my point.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 867 likes
Total likes: 4277 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

wizzo_66 wrote:
I have a band 4 seat at the moment because of the view/atmosphere/location combination in the ground. No financial motives whatsoever.
Same, as I'm sure is the case with most in the BML.

As long as I'm in the lower tier of the OS, in a somewhat comparable position as currently, I'll be fine. I assume most/all STH currently located in the lower tiers at the Boleyn will be able to fit into the lower tiers at the OS?
brownout
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 173 likes

Post by brownout »

You may need to pay a lot more for the lower tier though.
MD_HM
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

the pink palermo wrote:MD-mm

Why are you worried ?

Those who have paid for a Band 1 seat will get first pick , but the band 1 seated fans will be prioritised on tenure , so those who have had a band 1 for 8 years will be top of the queue and those who have only been band 1 members for 1 year will be at the bottom of that queue .

If you are a Band 4 holder the same principle applies - you'll be able to select your band 4 seat first if you have been there for eons compared with someone who only turned up last year .

Those fans had a chance to upgrade this year if they wanted .....they chose not to, instead choosing a cheaper seat .

I'm sure the 85% who wanted the move or those who said "wait and see" had thought all this through .

I'm sure they must have .

The reality is if you are in a band 4 seat now you'll have a crap view for ever at the Athletics stadium .

But it will be cheap , just like it is for you now .

Affordable football .The sightlines are the same as Wembley apparently .
Were we told that allocation at the OS would be based on band first to considering upgrading this year?

I don't remember seeing this and as others above have said; my current seat which is band 2 isn't chosen due to price.

I always thought it would be done on length of ticket, I may have upgraded to band 1 this year had I of known that was the the sole criteria

My concern is at the OS I may of upgraded to Band 1 if that was the place and view I wanted however now I may not get that option to do so as they will be taken.

In reality this might not be an issue but for once I agree that should be releasing more info of how many seats are in each band now and then along with prices etc
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2430 likes
Total likes: 76 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

brownout wrote:You may need to pay a lot more for the lower tier though.
I think that there is a fair chance that behind the goals will be a similar price to now, my issue all along has been that lower tier behind the goals will be a far worse view than now. So, to get a similar view to now, band 4 STHs may have to upgrade.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 746 likes
Total likes: 2910 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

MD_HM wrote: Were we told that allocation at the OS would be based on band first to considering upgrading this year?

I always thought it would be done on length of ticket, I may have upgraded to band 1 this year had I of known that was the the sole criteria

My concern is at the OS I may of upgraded to Band 1 if that was the place and view I wanted however now I may not get that option to do so as they will be taken.

with prices etc
The whole point is there hasn't been a published migration policy .

They said in two meetings I attended it would be based upon tenure , no mention of your band .The problem being, and this was pointed out by some of us at the time , how do you stop people trading down to the cheapest ticket possible .

The fans want cheaper tickets .The club wants more revenue .Some people naively thought that the club would be happy with the moeny from 20k extra fans turning up funding cheaper tickets for all .

They are now funding out - as some of us predicted - that those who pay top dollar now will be asked to do so in the future .

Decent view = high price .Same at Stratford as it is at the Boleyn .

Nothing in this move for the fans at all , absolutely nothing , far too many people have fallen for the Brady b*llocks .
e10hammer

Post by e10hammer »

I still think those who sit behind the goals in the lower tiers at Upton park will struggle to get a comparable seat at the o.s because I think one end will be a family seating area and the other end will be half away support, leaving current band 4 ticket holders having to pay more for a better seat or less for a worse seat, we currently have 1300 seats in our family seating area behind the goal paying band 4 prices, I expect the family seating area to be increased at the o.s, it will not be on the sides in premium seats and I would be surprised if they moved the kids up in the gods in the worst seats. We shall find out soon.
1mcavennie
Total likes: 1 like

Post by 1mcavennie »

I also think those behind the goals won't be able to get comparable seats but for a different reason - the seats won't be as close to the pitch even with the retractable seating
brownout
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 173 likes

Post by brownout »

What seems to be becoming clear (and the club haven't moved to counter) is that the OS will have some seats with a good view and some that are cheap. What it may not have is Band 4 seats at the same price as the Boleyn with anything like an equivalent view.

Perhaps the 8,000 who regularly stand in the CL & BML should have been told this before they were asked to vote on whether they backed the move.