Ticket Revenue to be Shared with LLDC

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome

Francoisvander or else
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 98 likes

Ticket Revenue to be Shared with LLDC

Post by Francoisvander or else »

Just seen this on the Daily Mail website, someone tell me this is a joke http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... dium-lease" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NorthBankAlliance

Re: Ticket Revenue to be Shared with LLDC

Post by NorthBankAlliance »

I'm sure the usual suspects will be on here saying how it doesn't matter.

Yet when the debate about fair ticket prices comes up, they're the ones saying that we need every little penny of revenue, no matter where from...
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 746 likes
Total likes: 2905 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

It depends what is meant by "Matchday" tickets .

It will, I am sure, exclude season ticket sales revenue which represents the bulk of the money .

There is also the small matter of the 100k free seats given to Sir Robin Wales cronies as part of the Newham sweetener ( for legal reasons I will stop short of calling it a bribe) .How are they categorised ? I suspect they will already be in the pot so to speak .

Therefore the amount being given up I suspect is relatively low, certainly so when compared with the benefit of a peppercorn rent .

As I and one or two others have pointed out from day 1 the people paying top dollar now will continue to be asked to do so at Stratford .The same fans shellling out a fortune .

There is nothing in it for the fans that currently go .

Nothing at all .And I pointed that out from day 1 as well .

Still, it's what 85% of you wanted so that's democracy for you .
leeo272

Post by leeo272 »

the pink palermo wrote:
As I and one or two others have pointed out from day 1 the people paying top dollar now will continue to be asked to do so at Stratford.
So for the same money we'll get a newer, better equipped, more accessible stadium?
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

leeo272 wrote:
So for the same money
Dream on .no chance of that .
brownout
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 173 likes

Post by brownout »

Yet another bit of information comes to light which the club felt it wasn't necessary to share with fans before they voted on the (already signed up) move.
When we see the ticket prices in relation to distance from the pitch I fear there may be a few more of the 85% who might feel they were conned.
MD_HM
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

The article reads positive to me, it's stating how we have a good deal getting 100% of the corporate money and also mentions again about us getting a share of the naming rights both the big money spinners.

Match-day sales might not include season ticket money which is the other big income, so essentially we could be just giving away a share of other ticket sales and hot dogs :D

The same way the anti brigade reckon our share of the naming rights won't be significant nor might be what we are giving away here.

It's not written as if it's a bad deal for us; almost has a feel of how are we getting all this with the taxpayer footing the bill for the stadium about it.

Unless anyone here has to hand the exact % we are sharing for this match-day income and the exact % we are sharing of naming rights then it's just more speculation.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

MD_HM wrote:The article reads positive to me,

It's not written as if it's a bad deal for us; almost has a feel of how are we getting all this with the taxpayer footing the bill for the stadium about it.
I agree with all of that .

But what's in it for the fans ?

If you have paid your £900 for your Band 1 this season , there is no suggestion you will be paying any less at Stratford for what they will tell you is a comparable seat .Which for many of course, it won't be .

Paying more or the same for a worse view is not a good deal for the fans .
gavrosh

Post by gavrosh »

Smacks of lazy journalism to me. Nowhere have I seen any mention of matchday ticket sales revenue being shared. Catering, booze and sponsorship revenue, yes, ticket sales revenue, no.
MD_HM
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

the pink palermo wrote:
I agree with all of that .

But what's in it for the fans ?

If you have paid your £900 for your Band 1 this season , there is no suggestion you will be paying any less at Stratford for what they will tell you is a comparable seat .Which for many of course, it won't be .

Paying more or the same for a worse view is not a good deal for the fans .
I agree with your point IF as a club we stand still in terms of performance, quality of squad, league and cup finishes etc.... However IF the extra money the club can bring in is used to improve the above and as a result we can regularly finish in the top 6, win a cup, have a regular European football or even get into the champions league then I'm happy to move 20-30 seats back to see that.

It's a compromise but one that is worth it for "me" personally if it allows us to really compete.

IF I'm wrong and the above doesn't happen I'm in total agreement the current fans lose out and that includes me.

Problem is neither of us know exactly how it's going to pan out.
HamburgHammer
Location: Too far away from Upton Park, Hamburg, Germany, to be precise
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by HamburgHammer »

Pink, what did you honestly expect ? It's 2014 and football is big business. Which big league club is looking at benefits for their supporters first and foremost these days when making serious decisions on a club's future?
What do you think Man City had in mind when they moved to their new stadium ? The fans ?
No, they wanted to make themselves more attractive for new investors/buyers to challenge for titles and improve the infrastructure and commercial marketability of their club.

West Ham are doing the same, although with the obvious difference that we will play in a multi purpose stadium and not a proper football stadium.
Of course fans always would like to think they are the most important thing for a club and in a way they are.

But not when it comes to big league sports like Premier League football, NFL or NBA. In those leagues sponsors, TV companies and corporate customers are what really matters, like it or not. West Ham as a Premier League club are just doing what any other club would have done in the same situation although I agree about the whole supporter consultation business for West Ham's move into the OS having been a massive farce.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

HamburgHammer wrote:Pink, what did you honestly expect
Exactly what weare seeing unfold . I predicted an awful lot of this a few years back .

Fans were sold on the idea of cheap tickets .I warned against such thoughts as the club would try to maximise revenue .

Fans were sold on the idea od no queues at a tube station .We've seen the walking distance be not much different to either Plaistow or East Ham , and we'll still see controls at the end of games mark my words .

Just wait until the grizzly crusties in the East stand get offered crap seats in the new place ...
eastsider
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by eastsider »

the pink palermo wrote:
Just wait until the grizzly crusties in the East stand get offered crap seats in the new place ...

Eh!! Not so much of the grizzly!! :wink:
War Pony
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 86 likes

Post by War Pony »

Its like this for me... Nothing to do with cheaper seats as ill buy a season ticket anyways whether I can, or cannot afford it....

Shiny new home in Essex, close to nice restaurants, bars and scenery.... or some run down ole sh*t hole in the slums of east London, rotten restaurants, clashing cultures to my own and no bars, let alone boozers! :)
brownout
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 173 likes

Post by brownout »

War Pony wrote:Its like this for me... Nothing to do with cheaper seats as ill buy a season ticket anyways whether I can, or cannot afford it....

Shiny new home in Essex, close to nice restaurants, bars and scenery.... or some run down ole sh*t hole in the slums of east London, rotten restaurants, clashing cultures to my own and no bars, let alone boozers! :)
If that is the view of the Boleyn Ground I think you are in a very small minority.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 914 likes
Total likes: 1902 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

War Pony.

You might be better off in 1954 than E15
War Pony
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 86 likes

Post by War Pony »

Cheers for the advice!
Wembley1966
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

gavrosh wrote:Smacks of lazy journalism to me. Nowhere have I seen any mention of matchday ticket sales revenue being shared. Catering, booze and sponsorship revenue, yes, ticket sales revenue, no.
It might be a similar scheme to how Man City first started out at their stadium when gate receipts above a threshold were shared.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1975 likes
Total likes: 1465 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

War Pony wrote:Its like this for me... Nothing to do with cheaper seats as ill buy a season ticket anyways whether I can, or cannot afford it....

Shiny new home in Essex, close to nice restaurants, bars and scenery.... or some run down ole sh*t hole in the slums of east London, rotten restaurants, clashing cultures to my own and no bars, let alone boozers!
Pssst.......its Stratford. :wink: