No Season Tickets in the TB end..

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Re: No Season Tickets in the TB end..

Post by hadleighhammer »

DanT93 wrote:whilst i feel that the neutral allocation is a good idea
You mean like Fulham? Or Rugger Bugger? Are you Karen Brady? FFS :fsake:
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

Oldun wrote:30+ years season ticket holder and feel I am being **** on again,why have they made things so hard.
It won't feel so bad when all those that have queue jumped and upgraded realise they have been 'Salesman / sold" and in reality the Band 4 seats were comparable and there was no need to upgrade. In fact so far everyone is believing conjecture because the club haven't released any actual plans.
Chris BMU
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Chris BMU »

Oldun wrote:30+ years season ticket holder and feel I am being **** on again,why have they made things so hard.
They have made it hard, specifically because of all the plus two newbies rather than those grouping upwards.

Not sure how you missed the upward grouping thing, there have been multiple mentions on these threads of people doing that.
Oldun
Has liked: 165 likes
Total likes: 566 likes

Post by Oldun »

I suppose I just had it in my head that I was just waiting for our appointment and sort it out then and not one of had noticed this .
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Oldun - I've had a s/t for 30 years as have those I go with. We're in a group of about 50 now over to the side of the LBM and due to get last pickings.

I could've gone into 1966 or joined Band 1s but have chosen to stay with our group. I now fear we'll be in the upper tier behind the goal, which are the worst seats in the house.

Makes you angry eh?
Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Kialos »

Oldun wrote:To be quite honest my concern is how you have managed to queue jump other ST holders and get your new seat.
My understanding was no one could change bands upwardly until everyone in that band had been sorted and I know band 3 fans who have not been up yet.
If I had known this I would have put a higher band in our group and we would all been sorted now.
You got it the wrong way around. You can't go down a band until everyone in that band has chosen.
Oldun
Has liked: 165 likes
Total likes: 566 likes

Post by Oldun »

Doc H Ball wrote:Oldun - I've had a s/t for 30 years as have those I go with. We're in a group of about 50 now over to the side of the LBM and due to get last pickings.

I could've gone into 1966 or joined Band 1s but have chosen to stay with our group. I now fear we'll be in the upper tier behind the goal, which are the worst seats in the house.

Makes you angry eh?
Yes Doc exactly,I admit I was not clever enough in reading all the crap put out from the club,I was with my 7 friends waiting for our appointment.
Perhaps the view might not be as good,but the people around will be.
taffhammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by taffhammer »

The problem seems to be emerging that if your first in the band 4 appointments your going to have a great seat. But if your amoung the later appointments and even if you've had a season ticket for years your choice is going to be limited. Well as long as all these brand new supporters and Karen's happy.
Chris BMU

Post by Chris BMU »

Good luck with this, oldun. You may be more distant than you would like, as with many of us, but I think that the view will still be fantastic and probably an improvement on what you have now.

I hope they are well staffed up in the ticket office the summer after next, because there is going to be an awful lot of us engaged in seat switching!
MD_HM
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

taffhammer wrote:The problem seems to be emerging that if your first in the band 4 appointments your going to have a great seat. But if your amoung the later appointments and even if you've had a season ticket for years your choice is going to be limited. Well as long as all these brand new supporters and Karen's happy.
That's not limited to band 4

Had my band 2 appointment in around the 3rd week of band 2 sales and there was nothing comparable left, the first of the band 3 appointments getting a better choice and I've had my current ticket about 12 years

Couldn't even upgrade to band 1 for a better seat as there were no comparable band 1 left either

I went for the 1966 seats and will then make a decision on year two as really want to get a seat for my boy as well but won't be with no concessions there
taffhammer

Post by taffhammer »

MD_HM wrote: That's not limited to band 4
Very true.
taffhammer

Post by taffhammer »

Chris BMU wrote: You may be more distant than you would like, as with many of us, but I think that the view will still be fantastic and probably an improvement on what you have now.
We may be sitting in a better state of the art athletics / football stadium but the object of going to watch football is to watch football. So more distant but improved view cannot be true.
Chris BMU

Post by Chris BMU »

Pointless to recycle this one yet again, so let's just agree to disagree taffhammer.
taffhammer

Post by taffhammer »

I agree ,and this is my last comment on the subject but please stop saying its a better view as your being taken in by the hype. A seat is a seat and a pitch is a pitch, we are getting a magnificent stadium with excellent transport links and room for many many new supporters,which is great, but row 20 is a lot further away than row 20 at the Boleyn where i, like many others, currently have an excellent and better view.
clawhammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 20 likes

Post by clawhammer »

taffhammer wrote:I agree ,and this is my last comment on the subject but please stop saying its a better view as your being taken in by the hype. A seat is a seat and a pitch is a pitch, we are getting a magnificent stadium with excellent transport links and room for many many new supporters,which is great, but row 20 is a lot further away than row 20 at the Boleyn where i, like many others, currently have an excellent and better view.
Row 20 is fairly low down and you might prefer a higher row. I know we did and we had the choice. Having been to the Rugby we knew what we wanted. Distance from the pitch is not the be-all and end-all...there are few of us who would plump for the first 5 rows for example I would imagine as higher up you get a better view.
taffhammer

Post by taffhammer »

I think if memory serves me correctly , and having been to rugby as well , your new seat is the best all round view. I'm guessing if anyones first up for band 4's you'll be happy.
Chris BMU

Post by Chris BMU »

taffhammer wrote:I agree ,and this is my last comment on the subject but please stop saying its a better view as your being taken in by the hype. A seat is a seat and a pitch is a pitch, we are getting a magnificent stadium with excellent transport links and room for many many new supporters,which is great, but row 20 is a lot further away than row 20 at the Boleyn where i, like many others, currently have an excellent and better view.
I can't just let that pass, I'm not being taken in by anything. I know what the view is like at the Boleyn, from various points over the years, and I have attended events at the new stadium and personally experienced the views. Yes it is further but IN MY OPINION the new view is better.

It's OK if your opinion is different, but you can't tell me what mine is.
taffhammer

Post by taffhammer »

Chris BMU wrote:
It's OK if your opinion is different, but you can't tell me what mine is.
No offence intended Chris, of course your entitled to your opinion. I just don't understand how being further away can give you a better view. Like you say its all about opinions and i respect yours.No hard feelings.
Excellent transport links.
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

Chris BMU wrote: Yes it is further but IN MY OPINION the new view is better. .
Why is further away in a stadium with a (from what I can tell generally) a shallower stand rake better? This is why you keep getting asked on it as it just doesn't make sense.

IMO it's more because the club are perceived as becoming richer/better and the bogs are nicer, that the view is perceived as better all of a sudden by some....transplant the same view to the BG and it would be considered **** and we'd need to move :lol:
Arch Dandy
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Arch Dandy »

It doesn't necessarily equate that being closer is a better view, I'm in row H toward the East Stand in the BML and my view is pretty **** despite being close to the pitch. When I had a ST in the West Upper the view was far better.