Boxing thread

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Re: Boxing thread

Post by fmgod »

Khan can fight Brook in three years time if he wants, Brook has no where to go unless him and Hearn do what they should've done ten years ago and start facing decent opposition constantly
NorthBankAlliance

Post by NorthBankAlliance »

fmgod wrote:Khan can fight Brook in three years time if he wants, Brook has no where to go unless him and Hearn do what they should've done ten years ago and start facing decent opposition constantly
I think Crawford will be the end of him.

Don’t blame him for taking the fight, but he’s basically sold his chin for a nice retirement package, got f*** all chance of winning.
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

Or he is facing the highest possible opponents.... Even if Crawford beats him, he will still easily get another big fight in America, he is guaranteed entertainment and knockout, people pay to watch him.
NorthBankAlliance

fmgod wrote:Or he is facing the highest possible opponents.... Even if Crawford beats him, he will still easily get another big fight in America, he is guaranteed entertainment and knockout, people pay to watch him.
He doesn’t fight again after this one, as with Brook he was showing his mileage in his last fight.

Crawford finishes him!
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

Khan has had more than enough pay days anyway, Brook still probably needs another big day to secure his future, they will chase a Khan or a Smith for a payday and cash out, i'd also question how good Brook will be after the Ingle and it's interesting use of substances has been exposed
stu1
Has liked: 668 likes
Total likes: 1035 likes

Post by stu1 »

NorthBankAlliance wrote:Khan is literally selling his chin to the highest bidder in that case, which is fine.

No shame in getting knocked out by Crawford, he couldn't take the humiliation of having Brook do it though, that's a fact.
:thup:
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Jumby »

fmgod wrote:Khan has had more than enough pay days anyway, Brook still probably needs another big day to secure his future, they will chase a Khan or a Smith for a payday and cash out, i'd also question how good Brook will be after the Ingle and it's interesting use of substances has been exposed
Yup, me and a couple of blokes at work have been saying that for a while, something very fishy about that place and some of the lads from it. Every f**ker is on something these days, boxers, athletes, rugby players, Essex Boy poser types, they're all taking stuff. I spent years of discipline getting myself in peak condition and yet these days people just take dodgy **** and cut corners, it's messed up.

Khan is better than Brook, he got knocked down in his last fight because it was too easy, he'll be careful against Crawford, but he'll have a go, he won't be scared and if he loses so what, I just want to see good fights with exciting and skillful boxers. I know I'm biased towards Khan, and yes he can be a dick, but he's I have a soft spot for him because I love someone who throws a lot of punches and never gives in.
NorthBankAlliance

fmgod wrote:Khan has had more than enough pay days anyway, Brook still probably needs another big day to secure his future, they will chase a Khan or a Smith for a payday and cash out, i'd also question how good Brook will be after the Ingle and it's interesting use of substances has been exposed

Don’t disagree with any of that, Khan is doing exactly the same though, in cashing out against Crawford.
NorthBankAlliance

All you have to do is look at Ingle himself to know he’s juiced up!
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

Jeff Horn's promoter Dean Lonergan says he has contacted Eddie Hearn about a potential Kell Brook vs Jeff Horn fight which they would be willing to travel to the UK for.

Ball is in Kell's court here, no reason to turn this down at all
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

It would be very funny if Horn took it to Brook and stopped him
York Ham(mer)
Has liked: 112 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by York Ham(mer) »

Lee Selby moving up to lightweight. Probably should have moved up before but two weight classes? Still, best of luck to him.
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

Lee Selby is one of my favourite boxers of recent times, I don't know if two weight classes is a wise move though
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

Lomachenko vs Crolla signed :lol:
NorthBankAlliance

Good opportunity to see Lomachenko in the flesh providing its over here though...
NorthBankAlliance

NorthBankAlliance wrote:Good opportunity to see Lomachenko in the flesh providing its over here though...
Good opportunity to see Lomachenko in the flesh providing its over here though...
York Ham(mer)
Has liked: 112 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by York Ham(mer) »

Wilder vs Fury 2 has officially been ordered by the WBC.
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

Win win for Crolla, he can say he's shared the ring with two legends in Linares and Lomachenko, then he can have a big all Manchester fight against Terry Flanagan and retire with enough in the bank to last him for life, especially with the TV work he's blatantly going to get.
stu1
Has liked: 668 likes
Total likes: 1035 likes

Post by stu1 »

Broner losses again, with another poor performance by all accounts. When will Broner stop getting offered these big pay days, he hasn’t had a decent win in years and is a **** of the highest order.
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

He is a big character, guaranteed entertainment every time he opens his mouth. He is the budget Mayweather in that you want to see him lose/knocked out but unlike Mayweather he isn't good enough to avoid losses. Also i just think he is incredibly thick and deluded and it's not even an act.

Love to know who supplies Pac man though performing like that 40 though and been in countless wars and weight divisions over the years