Official Betting Thread

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Re: Official Betting Thread

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Of course.

Essentially it comes with picking the right horse. Finding the patterns for picking the right horse.
As I say, smaller stakes, see how it goes.
Start to slowly progress, see how it goes.

How were you going about it?
Fishbone

Post by Fishbone »

Bit of a sliding scale in regards to the stake, the smaller the odds, the bigger the stake. So a 3/1 would probably have £100 on whereas a 33/1 would have £20. Would look to trade out so that I could green book for around £3 - £10 per race that I bet on but obviously that doesn't always work.

The thing with horse racing is that there quite clearly (and pretty much well publicised) a massive element of cheating\fixing going on within the horse racing circles that you can do all the analysis in the world only for the trainer to tell the jockey to 'take it easy' on a particular race as they have others in mind...and that is probably only half of it!
Fishbone

Post by Fishbone »

Just out of interest RARS, how are you going about picking horses? Through recent stats (such as form books), tipsters, historical stats?

One thing that I may try next but will take a fair amount of time to do (although I may be able to cheat a little bit :wink: ) is to get the SP and highest and lowest in-running prices for every horse and see if there is a trend on any.
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Mainly tipsters. Various sources.

Not because they are right, or even half right, but as you've seen with supposed ITK cr*p on Twitter, it can spread rapidly.

As I said, it's staying ahead of the curve.

It doesn't matter if the Tipster is a bullshitter or if the horse has no chance of winning, all I'm looking for is mainly higher priced horses to be well backed with sloppy money on the back of a few shared tips.

I've seen a fair few been tipped overnight at anywhere from 8s-16s, gone down to 3s-7s a half hour before the race.

Get just one of those right with a £20 back, then you can afford to take the hit on 5,6,7 duds at a few quid a pop.

Just about studying who spots the value first, checking how the prices have dropped. Spot the patterns and make notes.

As I said earlier, I'm absolutely convinced that people get together in private messages to back 4-5 horses a day heavily, then tip it like f*ck on various other sources, lay it for big profit without any races going in-running.

The aim, for me anyway, is getting somewhere in the middle of the food chain...
BSB1

Post by BSB1 »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:Mainly tipsters. Various sources.

Not because they are right, or even half right, but as you've seen with supposed ITK cr*p on Twitter, it can spread rapidly.

As I said, it's staying ahead of the curve.

It doesn't matter if the Tipster is a bullshitter or if the horse has no chance of winning, all I'm looking for is mainly higher priced horses to be well backed with sloppy money on the back of a few shared tips.

I've seen a fair few been tipped overnight at anywhere from 8s-16s, gone down to 3s-7s a half hour before the race.

Get just one of those right with a £20 back, then you can afford to take the hit on 5,6,7 duds at a few quid a pop.

Just about studying who spots the value first, checking how the prices have dropped. Spot the patterns and make notes.

As I said earlier, I'm absolutely convinced that people get together in private messages to back 4-5 horses a day heavily, then tip it like f*ck on various other sources, lay it for big profit without any races going in-running.

The aim, for me anyway, is getting somewhere in the middle of the food chain...
Surely your best bet (to maximise profits) would be to look at big races rather than your everyday meetings. This way you have a chance of getting a high price much earlier (say a week+ in advance) which you'll be able to layoff on the day. For example a big race might give you 20/1 two weeks before the race and be down to 3's, 4's on the day, whereas you may not get that bigger margin (between 20's and 3's) on a normal meeting.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Cityscape at the Eclipse this weekend has been backed to f*** this week. Worth a look.
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 357 likes
Total likes: 794 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

Can still bet live on TDF stage 3. Baossan Hagen @ 12/1 looks value.

Schlek for the polka dot jersey ew @ 16/1
Fishbone

Post by Fishbone »

Had a little tip for Mr. Fickle in the 3.15 @ Brighton. Not massive odds can get around 2.37, but apparently well fancied.
Fishbone

Post by Fishbone »

Another tip for you RARS, something that I got caught out on a few occasions, if you get the chance to lay, then do so. Don't get greedy. A few of my bets where I had a fair whack on them, went down to 1.02 on BF only for them to fall at the last fence or have a massive stumble and allow others to get in. Also had one horse that was a mile ahead but in all the excitement, missed the last fence mean it was DQ. Absolutely fuming at the jockey.
SammyLeeWasOffside
Has liked: 290 likes
Total likes: 1022 likes

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside »

AVB to spuds thank christ that is over. Never known it take so long to lose a bet :lol:
screech
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by screech »

Massive appologies to anyone that lost money on klinsmann, feel like a proper **** right now
If it's any consolation I lost a few hundred on it.
SammyLeeWasOffside
Has liked: 290 likes
Total likes: 1022 likes

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside »

screech wrote:Massive appologies to anyone that lost money on klinsmann, feel like a proper **** right now
If it's any consolation I lost a few hundred on it.
Don't worry about it Screech, no one is twisting anybodies arm to bet on it.

Bit ironic that it was AVB who got it though :lol:
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Billydinho »

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... ungle.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just to cheer everyone up. :lol:
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

New South Wales in the State of Origin this morning at 11/8 looks tasty.
afcwhufc

Post by afcwhufc »

Thought throw it out here for whoever intrested.......

often my mates challenge me with money etc, got about a 50% success rate, make of that what you will, anyhoo just been given this one...........

£10 to start, 10 days, make it into a grand...bring it on.
Anybody keen to follow?

what happens is myself and there about 6 mates, start with a tenner n i tell them the bets, so say got back £20 on first bet, then use that for stake etc....

up to youse, just bitta fun if use fancy playin along ill post here too

:thup:
dtp2

Post by dtp2 »

I'll give anyone on here 250/1 that you dont succeed.

terms and conditions apply
Whufc06
Has liked: 122 likes
Total likes: 367 likes

Post by Whufc06 »

So as soon as you lose a bet the games up?
afcwhufc

Post by afcwhufc »

Yup,

its more for fun. Also can always withdraw your tenner immediatly

assumin win first bet etc

1st bet

Club Atlético Presidente Franco to beat Club Tacuary

I've got 8/13
afcwhufc

Post by afcwhufc »

San Antonio Scorpions to beat FC Edmonton

16.15 on at 4/9
hudds town hammer
Has liked: 1 like

Post by hudds town hammer »

just remember you only have to win 5 pound a day to make over 1800 a year tax free,

the art of betting is knowing when you have had enough for the day,,,,,,, something im guilty of myself :oops:

many times im up a nice profit on the first couple of races then blow it all by the end of the day,,, stay disaplined