Official Betting Thread

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 82 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Re: Official Betting Thread

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

ive been sent a load of tips for cheltenham from 3 different tipsters - im gonna see who comes out on top today and will post their selections tomorrow - if anyone is interested
Denzil
Has liked: 356 likes
Total likes: 525 likes

Post by Denzil »

psychoscoredthelot wrote:ive been sent a load of tips for cheltenham from 3 different tipsters - im gonna see who comes out on top today and will post their selections tomorrow - if anyone is interested
Please mate
S-H
Has liked: 5736 likes
Total likes: 9652 likes

Post by S-H »

psychoscoredthelot wrote:ive been sent a load of tips for cheltenham from 3 different tipsters - im gonna see who comes out on top today and will post their selections tomorrow - if anyone is interested
Yeah why the f*** not :thup:
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 874 likes
Total likes: 855 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

Agreed, I need all the help I can get after yesterday's shocker, not a single place all day. Gotta feeling this Cheltenham is going to be s bookies benefit meeting.
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by sicknote »

had not one place yesterday in my bets, toilet days betting

so avoid backing these nags today

Sams Profile
Wed - 1:30 Cheltenham

Santini
Wed - 2:10 Cheltenham

Cracking Smart
Wed - 2:50 Cheltenham

Sceau Royal
Wed - 3:30 Cheltenham

Josies Orders
Wed - 4:10 Cheltenham

Our Power
Wed - 4:50 Cheltenham

Envoi Allen
Wed - 5:30 Cheltenham
peter49uk
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by peter49uk »

Went to Cheltenham yesterday had a good day despite not backing a winner. But leaving in plenty of time sat nav said expected arrival would 11.30 we got into the course 1.15. Took an absolute age to go the last final four miles, and then we got directed off the road and then back on it to travel further up the same road to our pre-booked (green ticket) car park that turned out to be a field, where after racing people were getting stuck but they did have tractors on hand to help. So if your going beware.
CRFC Hammer
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by CRFC Hammer »

peter49uk wrote:Went to Cheltenham yesterday had a good day despite not backing a winner. But leaving in plenty of time sat nav said expected arrival would 11.30 we got into the course 1.15. Took an absolute age to go the last final four miles, and then we got directed off the road and then back on it to travel further up the same road to our pre-booked (green ticket) car park that turned out to be a field, where after racing people were getting stuck but they did have tractors on hand to help. So if your going beware.
We have learnt over the years that the last few miles can take ages. Yesterday, we left Romford at 6am, had a coffee stop just after Oxford and were dropped off in Cheltenham town centre at 10:15. That diversion you had to take normally comes into operation about 10:30, that's when the traffic starts to build up. Coming back, we left Cheltenham at 8, had a 'p**s stop before we got back on the M40 and were back in Romford for 11 after taking a few detours to drop people off closer to home.
peter49uk
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by peter49uk »

^^^^^ :thup:
Just reading Paisley Park owner Andrew Gemmell is a season-ticket holder at West Ham
sicknote
Plumbing the depths

Post by sicknote »

my bet today could have been magnifique

hopefully still get a decent return

Super Heinz EW
Defi Du Seuil @3/1 GP (Price taken @ 11/4)
Thu - 1:30 Cheltenham - Win
Won
Sire Du Berlais @Guaranteed Price (9/2)
Thu - 2:10 Cheltenham - Win
Best Odds Guaranteed
Won
Footpad @Guaranteed Price (4/1)
Thu - 2:50 Cheltenham - Win
Best Odds Guaranteed
Lost
Paisley Park @Guaranteed Price (13/8)
Thu - 3:30 Cheltenham - Win
Best Odds Guaranteed
Won
Siruh Du Lac @Guaranteed Price (13/2)
Thu - 4:10 Cheltenham - Win
Best Odds Guaranteed
Open
Posh Trish @Guaranteed Price (11/2)
Thu - 4:50 Cheltenham - Win
Best Odds Guaranteed
Open
Any Second Now @Guaranteed Price (7/1)
Thu - 5:30 Cheltenham - Win
Best Odds Guaranteed
Open
sicknote
Plumbing the depths

Post by sicknote »

that went ok my 5 winners paid odds of 37.2/1 on my heinz stake

no where near lee westwoods heinz yesterday he won 42 k for a 240£ stake
r99c
Has liked: 704 likes
Total likes: 396 likes

Post by r99c »

Had a £4 treble on Leicester to win, Newcastle to draw with Bournemouth and us to win by 2 or more.

Looked dead and buried ten minutes out, but all the results went my way, however we only manage to beat bottom of table Huddersfield by 1 goal after taking a 15 minute lead... f*** sakes West Ham :shock:
r99c

Post by r99c »

Sunday

Limerick 2.05 - HALSAFARI is a strong favourite. Suited by the 2m3f trip unlike Lady Writer and Getaday who seemingly would prefer 3 miles. Only raised 3lb for a good second place finish behind a progressive Mullins-trained horse and this race is only a 6 runner affair. 2/1 on offer.

Carlisle 3.50 - ROCK ON FRUITY will relish the return to this 3 mile trip. Two wins in a row for new stable before running well, but just not managing to last the 4mile marathon trip in the Eider last time out. Back to 3 miles here and will prefer the heavy ground to Houblon des Obeaux who surely needs firmer ground. Jepeck, the favourite, has a hugely inflated mark, raised 17lb for his win which he couldn't back up last time out in the Devon National. Good chance to score here and available at 9/2
r99c

Post by r99c »

ACE VENTURA is currently 7/1 on Skybet in the 2.30 Huntingdon tomorrow.

His hurdle debut was a cracking run and there are good form lines from it too. Last time out was disappointing, but I note that LTO was on a sharp left handed track, whilst his hurdle debut was right-handed which is what we get here. Looking further back, his record on the flat hints at a right handed preference too. 7/1 represents good value in this weakish looking maiden.
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 82 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

apologies all - i got waylaid with workload

they were hit and miss - best day i had was on the thursday when i did a mixture of the tips and saw which ones of those liked the softer ground and got 4 winners
r99c

Post by r99c »

The owner of Louis' Vac Pouch has just tweeted saying ''he's got it all to do today, all I can say is he's fit and well but won't be backing him".

He is 7/4 for the 2.40 Wetherby. Top Ville Ben is 10/11 and has proven C+D form and a higher rating. It looks to be a two horse race, there is a 5/1 shot but he had a bad chase debut recently. The other two are big outsiders. Consdiering LVP's owner is a big better, his tweet raises big question marks and therefore Top Ville Ben is a lump job. Get it all on lads.
r99c

Post by r99c »

Top Ville Ben runs out a 37 length winner^ Hope you did get it all on. Was helped by Louis Vac Pouch falling but even so, we looked to have the race sewn up comfortably.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2652 likes
Total likes: 1196 likes

Post by EvilC »

:thup:

Thanks for the tip, much appreciated.
r99c

Post by r99c »

Fancy a lucky 15 today. Picked out the following:

2.10 Haydock - Captain Moirette
2.20 Chepstow - Steel Express
2.30 Market Rasen - Dew Pond
2.50 Chepstow - Leith Hill Legasi

:scarfer:
r99c

Post by r99c »

Just a heads up to everyone that I will be running an Aintree picking competition, thread will be up next Wednesday. Exactly the same as the annual Cheltenham one but with a couple of little changes with the points system etc, all will be explained.
S-H
Has liked: 5736 likes
Total likes: 9652 likes

Post by S-H »

r99c wrote:Just a heads up to everyone that I will be running an Aintree picking competition, thread will be up next Wednesday. Exactly the same as the annual Cheltenham one but with a couple of little changes with the points system etc, all will be explained.

:scarfer: