NFL Fantasy League 2017/18: New Season details from page 171

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304

Dyl

NFL Fantasy League 2017/18: New Season details from page 171

Post by Dyl »

So I already posted this in the NUMB forum, and I don't know if no one saw it or just no one is interested, but seeing as last year there seemed to be quite a few posters on here who followed the NFL and took part in the NFL Survivor thread I thought it might be worth re-posting this.

I thought i'd make an effort to set up and 'manage' an NFL Fantasy League this year! We are a little over a month away from the start of the season (First game is the highly anticipated Packers vs Seahawks on Thursday 4th September), but I thought I'd get this out early.

For those of you who are interested, basically there can be up to 20 of us (first come, first served if there's more of us who want in, I can reduce the number if there is less interest EDIT: NOW AMENDED TO MAX OF 16 TEAMS) and it is pretty much a basic 'fantasy' formula of picking a team of players and each week selecting your best and seeing them play head to head against another member of the KUMB league, gain points and hopefully lifting you up the league table!

In order to pick your team (unlike the english fantasy football), we will do a draft, as no player can play for more than one team. The live draft date is set for Sunday the 24/08 at 7:00pm BST, but this can be changed if we all agree to a different date/time. It will be a random draft order selected by the computer, so if I get the number one pick it's complete fluke! :wink:

After 14 weeks of the season, the top 8 placed teams go into the playoffs in the 15th week and then the KUMB Superbowl will be the 16th week of the regular season!

The points system is the default setting by NFL.com, however I have added a couple of bonus point options for QB's/RB's and WR's who have exceptional performances. I have also added in the Linebacker and Defensive back positions, who will get points for interceptions/tackles/sacks/forced fumbles etc. You can see all of this in the league settings.

If you aren't sure or want to know more then by all means ask me on this thread, or have a look at the NFL.com fantasy site which should answer any questions better than I can. If you haven't played before there are thousands of draft guides and help pages out there to give you a bit of help/guidance too!

Here is the link to join -

Join Here: http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/pri ... Id=2323696" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
League ID: 2323696
League Password: KUMBNFL

If you are a first time player or a veteren that is absolutely fine, but please, if you do sign up to play,try to commit as it's always more fun when everyone involved participates in the draft and at least shows a bit of interest in their team throughout the season!

Cheers guys!
Last edited by Dyl on Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:35 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Re: NFL Fantasy League

Post by Mega Ron »

Sounds good to me. Count me in
Dyl

Post by Dyl »

Sweet, that's 2 of us! Just follow the link and create your team and then you're set until the draft! :thup:
Johnny Pa(i)ntsil

Post by Johnny Pa(i)ntsil »

I'm in. I know f*** all about NFL but as a Yank, I'm sure that I'll beat at least one of you.
Dyl

Post by Dyl »

Good stuff! 3 down, as many as possible to go. Let's fill those slots up!
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 1082 likes

Post by Rio »

I'm up for this
Dyl

Post by Dyl »

Welcome aboad Rio! 4 slots filled!
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1179 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

I think I probably will as well.
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2430 likes
Total likes: 76 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

Please excuse the dumb questions but I've never taken part in an NFL fantasy league.

- Everybody must be online at draft time I assume, as each player can only be selected once. So the "manager" with first pick chooses a QB, followed by the second, third etc until you finish? Then each position in turn? Or have I totally misunderstood?

- When it comes to game time is it based on all of the members of your squad or do you select your players to take part, as you do with fantasy football?
Dyl

Post by Dyl »

There's no dumb questions HH!

The draft is live online so yes, everyone must be online at that time. When it is your turn to draft you have about a minute (or perhaps 2) to make your choice. You can draft ANY position you like, and as many players in each position, although obviously picking 3 QB's with your first 3 picks would be a foolish move (for instance).

After you have drafted your squad, each game day you select the following players from that squad to be active;

1 Quarterback, 2 Running backs, 2 Wide recievers, 1 Tight end, 1 Team defence, 1 linebacker, 1 defensive back (safety/corner)

So obviously your draft strategy comes in to this as if you want the best Wide receiver, you might miss out on of the best tight ends, or if you want a great team defence, you might have to settle for a QB outside the top 5.

Hope that answers it HH! If not then take a look at the fantasy site itself, there are loads if FAQ on there.
Dyl

Post by Dyl »

Great FJ! Get that team created!
denzel

Post by denzel »

This is a great idea Dyl, I'm in!
Dyl

Post by Dyl »

Great! That should be 7 of us now, spaces filling up! Would be great if we could get 14...
Johnny Pa(i)ntsil

Post by Johnny Pa(i)ntsil »

Hampshire Hammer wrote:Please excuse the dumb questions but I've never taken part in an NFL fantasy league.

- Everybody must be online at draft time I assume, as each player can only be selected once. So the "manager" with first pick chooses a QB, followed by the second, third etc until you finish? Then each position in turn? Or have I totally misunderstood?

- When it comes to game time is it based on all of the members of your squad or do you select your players to take part, as you do with fantasy football?

http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/help ... pplication

If there's certain players that you know you want, kick them up your draft order. That way if you lose attention or can't make it, they will be auto-picked for you (provided no one else values them even higher).
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 867 likes
Total likes: 4277 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

I'm in Dyl :thup:

Can you make it a keeper league? That would be brilliant I think, get a bit of a dynasty league going. Also, just an idea - you're the boss - maybe change the playoff weeks to have the KUMB Super Bowl decided in Week 16. I've had a lot of experience of people's experiences being ruined by teams that rest starters in Week 17.
Dyl

Post by Dyl »

Great! We're getting there!

Valid points, I can edit the league so the Super Bowl is week 16, that's fine. Not sure how to make it a 'keeper' league but will investigate.
Aztec Hammer

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Dyl wrote:Great! We're getting there!

Valid points, I can edit the league so the Super Bowl is week 16, that's fine. Not sure how to make it a 'keeper' league but will investigate.
If you look through your league settings, there's an option for 'keeper settings'. You can choose a number for how many keepers each team is allowed to have at the end of the season, to keep in their squad for next year. Usually if there's say 22 players in your squad, I set a number around 18 maximum keepers so that everyone can retain pretty much all the players they want to but so that there'll be a little bit of change in regards to the bench or defensive players. Then with keeper leagues you have the draft each year where the worst placed team gets the first pick of the new batch of rookies! It's definitely great fun IMO as it makes you feel more of a connection with your team!

Cheers for setting this up mate, looking forward to it
saludo de carlitos

Post by saludo de carlitos »

I'm in, when can I pick the squad? looks confusing!.
Aztec Hammer

Post by Aztec Hammer »

saludo de carlitos wrote:I'm in, when can I pick the squad? looks confusing!.
As opposed to our fantasy football where you have a set budget and can take whoever you want - NFL fantasy football, you pick your team via a draft system, one pick each at a time for as many rounds as it takes to fill out the squad. So if I have first pick and take Peyton Manning, it's impossible for anyone else to draft him etc
Dyl

Post by Dyl »

saludo de carlitos wrote:I'm in, when can I pick the squad? looks confusing!.
Create your team and then you need tk wait for the draft, as explained by Aztec