The official KUMB Rugby Union Thread

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304

3times
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 92 likes

Re: The official KUMB Rugby Union Thread

Post by 3times »

So Rob Howley says World Rugby said that Wales should have been awarded the try.

So
1) They have conveniently ignored the knock on - which to be fair my son called straight away, i disagreed.
2) Wales should learn to accept decisions without complaining to everybody - not the first time this has happened.
3) Whose to say it would have made any difference
4) England should go on to the Slam to really rub their noses in it!
Tenbury
Has liked: 720 likes
Total likes: 1191 likes

Post by Tenbury »

Looking forward to the games this weekend,not a great fan of the two week lay off,the whole thing seems to gather a tremendous momentum, then just collapse .
jacko
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by jacko »

i can't wait. wales ireland should be a good one too.

I think we have too much for Scotland. For them to win we would have to play very badly and them out of their skins. It's possible though!
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

jacko wrote:i can't wait. wales ireland should be a good one too.

I think we have too much for Scotland. For them to win we would have to play very badly and them out of their skins. It's possible though!
I hope Wales knacker the Irish.

Scotland game is far from foregone. Crowd will play a big part there. First 15 minutes will probably decide it.

Hope Italy can do a number on the French.
Tenbury

Post by Tenbury »

DasNutNock wrote:
Hope Italy can do a number on the French.

If they do,there will be much drinking,eating and dancing in this household
(and I may well get laid)so, er..me too.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Italy take the lead with a superb rolling maul. ****ing come on
Tenbury

Post by Tenbury »

Ahh well.... There's always my birthday....
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

French sprung to life in the end, eh.

2:15-3pm Wales vs Ireland
3pm-4:450pm scouse vs West Ham
4:45-6:30pm scotch vs England

<opens beer>
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

I thought Huw Jones might score today. On rare form, that boy. Scotland clearly bang up for his one
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2599 likes
Total likes: 1730 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Just spent 5 days in hospital - I was bringing 3 sacks of coal down our steep path on a sack barrow backwards , it proved too heavy for me and I went stumbling backwards and fell on my back with the barrow and coal on my legs and chest - I thought I'd broken my leg but it was just badly gashed - lots of blood and skin everywhere - I was lucky as I'd just picked up our Daughter from the train so she pulled the coal off my chest and legs or I'd have been trapped there for hours - the Doctor did her best but the cut was in an 'U ' shape so quite difficult to stitch up then after 3 days my leg swelled up and turned red - I thought Wales would beat the Irish to cheer me up but with the Liverpool defeat , a double whammy today - hey ho .

Shane Williams being charged with affray - silly boy .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-43181269" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Dismantling a deeply arrogant England side. They’ve been due a tonking, and this ones been thoroughly deserved:
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1780 likes
Total likes: 2059 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Agreed but having said that, the referee does seem to have an irrational hatred of England. Every time England win the ball or do something with it he all but invents an offside or knock on or a hand in the ruck or...

Great win by Ireland though :thup:
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

I don’t think Owens makes much of a secret of how he feels about England, nor how he favours ABE, but no-one can be blamed but England for showing a disgraceful lack of intensity.
OFT
Has liked: 2955 likes
Total likes: 1745 likes

Post by OFT »

The Old Man of Storr wrote:Just spent 5 days in hospital - I was bringing 3 sacks of coal down our steep path on a sack barrow backwards , it proved too heavy for me and I went stumbling backwards and fell on my back with the barrow and coal on my legs and chest - I thought I'd broken my leg but it was just badly gashed - lots of blood and skin everywhere - I was lucky as I'd just picked up our Daughter from the train so she pulled the coal off my chest and legs or I'd have been trapped there for hours - the Doctor did her best but the cut was in an 'U ' shape so quite difficult to stitch up then after 3 days my leg swelled up and turned red - I thought Wales would beat the Irish to cheer me up but with the Liverpool defeat , a double whammy today - hey ho .
;
Blimey TOMoS.. :shock: Hope you're not too wounded mate. Should change your name to Coal Porter.

As for the rugby, nice to see the West Ham effect on the England team.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Liverpool and Scotland. Cheers guys.
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 1082 likes

Post by Rio »

Tomos Jesus mate. Hope your on the mend soon.

Eddie Jones declares himself a West Ham fan in the week. England produce their worst display in years the following Saturday. Do the maths
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2409 likes
Total likes: 2620 likes

Post by sendô »

Owens undoubtedly did all he could to not give anything to England, but in truth I don't think that changed the game. The Scotch were all over it, and England seemed to think they could saunter in and take the win. It took until the second half for them to start playing, by which time the deficit was too much.
The Collector
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by The Collector »

The Old Man of Storr wrote:Just spent 5 days in hospital - I was bringing 3 sacks of coal down our steep path on a sack barrow backwards , it proved too heavy for me and I went stumbling backwards and fell on my back with the barrow and coal on my legs and chest - I thought I'd broken my leg but it was just badly gashed - lots of blood and skin everywhere - I was lucky as I'd just picked up our Daughter from the train so she pulled the coal off my chest and legs or I'd have been trapped there for hours - the Doctor did her best but the cut was in an 'U ' shape so quite difficult to stitch up then after 3 days my leg swelled up and turned red - I thought Wales would beat the Irish to cheer me up but with the Liverpool defeat , a double whammy today - hey ho .

Shane Williams being charged with affray - silly boy .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-43181269" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I have to admit that when Mrs Collector read out your message about the injury sustained after meeting up with you the day before I did laugh. However, after severe admonishment from the missus, I really must apologise. But, get Dan to do the heavy lifting in future mate, you’re not getting any younger!

Brilliant result for Scotland today. England were complacent and played with no passion. I attended a Calcutta Cup game at Murrayfield a couple of years ago and the obverse happened. Looks like it will be Ireland’s to lose now.
Slacking student
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Slacking student »

Honestly providing the Welsh lost I don't mind the England result, I've always said anyone but Wales such is my disgust for that team
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2599 likes
Total likes: 1730 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

I'll have a good looking scar to add to my collection but otherwise I'm on the mend , the stitches came out yesterday [ I couldn't look ] but I have this special gauze and a big plaster covering it now , it'll take a few weeks to heal up properly - Dan [ my son ] was part of a 4 man [ well 2 women 2 men ] team who took part in a Scottish Drama competition last night and tonight - there were 7 plays acted out by teams from Stornoway , Plockton and Lochcarron and his play won it - , I can't tell you how proud I am of him - they now go through to Nairn for the next round then to East Kilbride for the Final should they progress through to the next round - now that did cheer me up .

Keith - I thought you were a nice man . :)