KUMB General Formula 1 News thread

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304

bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 197 likes
Total likes: 610 likes

KUMB General Formula 1 News thread

Post by bristolhammerfc »

So JB back for the Monaco race

I think Alonso is done now and will be off doing other things
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 351 likes
Total likes: 791 likes

Re: KUMB General Formula 1 News thread

Post by Bend it like Repka »

I think this is more of a case of McClaren keeping him sweet to stop him leaving.

Let him feel what it is like to be competitive for a week. :lol:
Bend it like Repka

Can't be bothered with a new thread for Russia.

Ferrari looking strong in practice, the heat really is on Merc this year.
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

Ferrari front row. Hamilton 4th. Hamilton should be relishing the fight today.
Bend it like Repka

kayahammer wrote:Ferrari front row. Hamilton 4th. Hamilton should be relishing the fight today.
And it is going to be a fight, he's not got the set up right, may struggle for race pace.

Merc really are on the back foot.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1975 likes
Total likes: 1464 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

If ever there was a reason why people don't like Lewis Hamilton then just tune in to his team radio today. 10 laps in and his bitching and moaning is just embarrassing.
Bend it like Repka

westham,eggyandchips wrote:If ever there was a reason why people don't like Lewis Hamilton then just tune in to his team radio today. 10 laps in and his bitching and moaning is just embarrassing.
I can't recall a driver who hasn't complained when things aren't going right. His car was overhearing after about 3 laps, you expect him to be happy?

It's funny how Hamilton has has this spoilt tag, yet has Vettel spent the last two years moaning about everything, (and abusing Charlie Whiting,) Kimi is just "witty" when he complains, and Alonso gets sympathy because he is driving a dog etc.
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 848 likes
Total likes: 822 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

I agree with BILR

Yes Lewis Hamilton will spit the dummy out sometimes, but they all do.

Lewis just wasn't at the races this weekend - Bottas did him a big favour though, otherwise he'd be even further behind Vettel. This season could turn into a three way contest - don't think Raikonnen will be involved. but Vettel, Hamilton & Bottas could make for an intriguing battle.

Alonso with yet another DNF - sad to see him lumping a tank round the track.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1975 likes
Total likes: 1464 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Chicken Run Supreme wrote:
Alonso with yet another DNF - sad to see him lumping a tank round the track.
To be pedantic it was a DNS.

Its true though, extremely sad seeing a truly great driver being stuck behind the wheel of that dog of a car. But lets face it he left Ferrari.

If Hamilton drove a McLaren then he would have something to complain about.
kayahammer

Post by kayahammer »

Apart from the first few corners I can't remember any overtaking. Apart from Vettel at the end no one was even in DRS distance of the driver in front. I think they should seriously revise this track, or scrap Russia from the calendar.
kenthammer1984
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 80 likes

Post by kenthammer1984 »

there was something not quite right with the timings of that race.

when Vettel went into the pits he was 27 seconds ahead of Kimi - the pit stop should have taken about 28-29 seconds (Hamilton had just taken 29 seconds in today, despite the commentary team thinking it should have taken 25 seconds, and his actual pit stop was 2.8seconds).

yet despite this, Seb came out about 3 seconds ahead of Kimi somehow.

the same happened to Hamilton - he went into the pits 3 seconds behind Kimi, did a quick stop, got in and out with no issues and then came out 8 seconds behind Kimi.

something didn't seem right.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Bend it like Repka wrote:I can't recall a driver who hasn't complained when things aren't going right. His car was overhearing after about 3 laps, you expect him to be happy?

It's funny how Hamilton has has this spoilt tag, yet has Vettel spent the last two years moaning about everything, (and abusing Charlie Whiting,) Kimi is just "witty" when he complains, and Alonso gets sympathy because he is driving a dog etc.
Who'd have thought it - an elite sportsman that desperately wants to win.
Bend it like Repka

What a race yesterday, although there were only 2 notable overtakes it just proves you don't actually need lots of passes to make a great spectacle.

This is real racing now, none of that coasting or driving slow to save tyres bollox, two guys flat out pushing from start to end to make a strategy come out on top.

The puffing and panting from LH on the radio offered a glimpse into the reality of what it is like now. Top althletes on the limit, wresting with a car.

After a bit of a whipping by Ferrari, Merc got their tactics spot on at last.

Finally that was a great dummy by Vettel on Bottas, I always though he was lucky to win 4 titles and not as good as that, but he is going up in my estimation this season. A true match for LH.
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 848 likes
Total likes: 822 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

Hallelujah - finally Mercedes get their tactics right. Watched the highlights last night and was hoping to watch without knowing the result which unfortunately didn't happen. I only knew Lewis had won though so when he got jumped at the start (again) I wondered when he'd retake the lead so it still made for a good watch. Gotta feeling this season could go right down to the final race. Cracking race from Lewis and Merecedes especially with Bottas holding Vettel up crucially.
Bend it like Repka

Alonso makes "Fastest 9" in Indy 500 shootout.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/motorsport/39988462" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kayahammer

Post by kayahammer »

Chicken Run Supreme wrote:Hallelujah - finally Mercedes get their tactics right. Watched the highlights last night and was hoping to watch without knowing the result which unfortunately didn't happen. I only knew Lewis had won though so when he got jumped at the start (again) I wondered when he'd retake the lead so it still made for a good watch. Gotta feeling this season could go right down to the final race. Cracking race from Lewis and Merecedes especially with Bottas holding Vettel up crucially.
Enjoyed that race the most so far this season.

What is up with Hamilton off the grid though?
Bend it like Repka

Bt of a mega car weekend coming up.

Monaco, including JB.

Alonso has got me interested in the Indy 500. I thought it was madness but already seems a huge marketing success.

Although Vettel looks very quick, I have a sneaking suspicion Riccardo will win this weekend.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1780 likes
Total likes: 2058 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

I really don't get all the hype and bollox surrounding the Monaco Grand Prix. It's one of the dullest processions of the year, punctuated by safety cars as yet another driver who's two seconds a lap quicker than the car in front has a suicidal lunge because he can't get past the moving raod block.

As for all the "Ooh look, there's <some bimbo airhead I've never heard of> in the Ferrari garage, why is it considered worth even mentioning?
wolf359
Has liked: 1558 likes
Total likes: 1703 likes

Post by wolf359 »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:I really don't get all the hype and bollox surrounding the Monaco Grand Prix.
I've said this for a few years, all tracks should have several over taking options, Monaco is just a jolly for everyone, they will forget the run the race one year and no one will be bothered.
Bend it like Repka

I disagree. Yes the place is full of disgustingly rich people showing off their cash, and it is a mobile traffic jam, but as a one off street race of such history it has its place.

Watching the onboard cameras of a lap you get an idea of the absolute skill and precision F1 drivers have, that you don't get a sense of on other circuits.

Mind you Lewis is going to need some proper safety car luck to get anything tomorrow.