Boxing thread

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

NorthBankAlliance

Re: Boxing thread

Post by NorthBankAlliance »

Nesticles wrote:Adonis Stevenson in intensive care following his KO defeat last night
Finishing punch was brutal as...

Fingers crossed for him.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Nesticles wrote:Adonis Stevenson in intensive care following his KO defeat last night
Hope he pulls through.
wolf359
Has liked: 1561 likes
Total likes: 1709 likes

Post by wolf359 »

Just watched the fight, I dont like Fury, but what a crock of ****, he did more than enough.

As others have said, to the pull himself off the floor and respond like that in round 12 was amazing.
Last edited by wolf359 on Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

He gets off of the floor and stuns Wilder with a beautiful shot, thus curbing Wilders enthusiasm to go for the finish. What a performance from Fury, he boxed brilliantly and showed incredible heart and determination. He's the best Heavyweight on the planet, no question, Joshua isn't dodging anyone though, he's just doing what he has to do, people need to accept that.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

I enjoyed that fight. Two guys giving everything they got and no hiding place.

Fury has come back after 2 or 3 years of drink drugs and depression issues and lost 10 stone.

After only a couple of fights he squares up to one of the best heavyweights around at the top of his game.

He gets floored twice and gets up and keeps fighting back, apart from those judges he clearly won by 3 or 4 rounds.

This was a remarkable performance and if he can get another few fights under his belt I think he can win all the belts.

Well done Tyson Fury :thup:
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Donating his entire £8m purse to homeless charities.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

I think it’s worth mentioning - Fury can still get better fitter. Don’t think the same can be said for wilder. His only option will be to try and get it done ASAP. He knows he can hurt fury. But will he fancy it knowing he couldn’t beat him before. I think this will have damaged him far more than Fury.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

S-H wrote:Donating his entire £8m purse to homeless charities.
I've said from the beginning, he is and always was a top bloke, he made some non-pc remarks which obviously people had to dislike in the media for their own career and PR but underneath he is a top bloke and his missus deserves a hell of amount of respect and praise, she has stuck through him through thick and thin literally.
Barking Iron
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 64 likes

Post by Barking Iron »

He does things not for the media attention or likes on social media he does them because it’s the right thing to do like giving a homeless person in LA his shoes, never gonna happen but has to be favourite for SPOTY
englebert

Post by englebert »

Fantastic performance from Fury. How he got up from that knockdown i will never know. No one else would have. Lets not forget where he was 12 months ago so he will get better, his fitness, reflexes etc. He is a true boxer and would likely do the same to AJ who is a better boxer than Wilder but has his own frailties. AJ would have the same punchers chance as Wilder or Klitschko did.

People assuming Wilder would now lose to AJ based on that performance are wrong. Fury did that to him. AJ not hard to find. If those two fought it would be an epic shootout. 50-50. Boxing is rarely straightforward

I don't think the rematch happens soon. Wilder spent most of the fight punching air. They won't want that again. I expect a real good attempt at Joshua negotiations in the next couple of weeks for the April date. They may fail but more due to promoter issues than the fighters.
twixy
Has liked: 1 like

Post by twixy »

What an unbelievable comeback from Fury. I have always been his biggest fan. He will never be outboxed and the way he got up in the 12th i'm not sure he can be knocked out. Absolutely buzzing he is now getting all the recognition he deserves. I'm not even too bothered about the result, everyone knows he won that fight, I'm just glad he is back and looking happy.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

I cannot stand Fury, but always respected his skill/technique, which he has in bucket loads, I did not know how big his heart was until Sunday morning though!

That result was as corrupt as corrupt can be, boxing lets itself down again. Even some of the septic commentators were shaking their head, says it all!
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

Paulie sums it up perfectly, I loved how furious he was directly after the decision was announced, superb.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

Joyce v Ortiz in 2019? Sounds like they both want it.
stu1
Has liked: 658 likes
Total likes: 1024 likes

Post by stu1 »

Jumby wrote:Joyce v Ortiz in 2019? Sounds like they both want it.

That would be a massive step up for Joyce, not sure he’s ready for Ortiz but at his age he needs to step up his opposition quickly.

WBC have done the right thing and ordered the rematch for Wilder vs Fury. Hopefully it takes place in the UK but I can’t see Wilder agreeing to that.

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/1 ... ng-council" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
York Ham(mer)
Has liked: 111 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by York Ham(mer) »

Boxing tonight from Sheffield: Kell Brook v Michael Zerafa; Jono Carroll v Guillaume Frenois; Josh Kelly v David Avanesyan; Kid Galahad v Brayan Mairena live on Sky Sports from 7pm.

Later from New York: Vasiliy Lomachenko v Jose Pedraza and undercard live on BT Sport from 1.30am.
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

Looking forward to seeing Loma in action again, this will be easy work for him though, he just has too much for an opponent of that calibre, that's not saying that Pedraza isn't good, it's just that Loma is amazing.

Brook is taking an easy option tonight, I don't really like the bloke, there's something not quite right about him and his entourage and tbh, and I don't like saying this, I think that Ingle gym is a little suspect these days, I don't know but I get the impression that they do a few things there that they shouldn't be doing, and I'm not alone in thinking that.
York Ham(mer)
Has liked: 111 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by York Ham(mer) »

Didn’t get to see the Brook fight but I gather he didn’t impress.
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

York Ham(mer) wrote:Didn’t get to see the Brook fight but I gather he didn’t impress.
Looked shot after 4 rounds

Can't make 147 without draining himself and is going to get killed against the world champions at 154

What a waste of talent his career has been
WCpete
Has liked: 1405 likes
Total likes: 3071 likes

Post by WCpete »

Just noticed that Deontay Wilder did Joe Rogan's podcast, apparently to chat about the Fury ight.

Haven't listened to it yet but will tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2dKtzwqbzM