Official KUMB tour Toronto 2008

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Servo

Re: Official KUMB tour Toronto 2008

Post by Servo »

:raver:

I'd love it if there was another game not too far away from me, like Chicago perhaps :think:
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Post by Harveys_HammersLH »

Coley wrote:I know that line 'ouston is key. Could be some great games this summer.

No mention of tickets though. What our allocation is
The bottom of the article says for more information about tickets vist the MLS site or the Toronto site.

I've got a feeling your going to have to buy then through either of them. The other games have obviously not been confirmed yet.

Just been chatting to a Toronto fan on another site I use. He reckons the game kicks-off midnight over here.
tnood

Post by tnood »

Any other Canada-based hammers having problems getting tickets? Anyone have any suggestions? I called TFC on the day the rumour was confirmed only to find the game was sold out. Am on a waiting list, but am not holding my breath.
Servo

Post by Servo »

tnood wrote:Any other Canada-based hammers having problems getting tickets? Anyone have any suggestions? I called TFC on the day the rumour was confirmed only to find the game was sold out. Am on a waiting list, but am not holding my breath.
I just sent a message to the West Ham ticket office asking if there would be a West Ham allocation or if I should go ahead looking for tickets via other means. I'll post any response I get
Gator_Hammer
Location: It is not guilty that man who eat the pie but one that gives it.

Post by Gator_Hammer »

TFC sold out their allocation? I sincerely hope the club does have an allocation that we can tap into.

Maybe someone from the club will set up a couple of games in Tampa or the ATL...
Gator_Hammer

Post by Gator_Hammer »

Also, I must add that I love the fact that the game is the "Pepsi All-Star Game." WHU will really kick their pre-season off right by playing the Pepsi All-Stars.
Detroit Hammer

Post by Detroit Hammer »

I bought my pair on eBay and there is currently a pair up there right now that might be worth checking out for some of you.
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

:raver: :think: :raver:

Thanks Mr Duxbury for reading KUMB & thinking about us Fans or are willing to travel over land & sea to watch our beloved Club play meaningless Friendlies in order to globalise the brand that is West Ham United Football Club..( i say that tongue in cheek you know )
Servo

Post by Servo »

Good Morning

All tickets for the game are being dealt with by the Toronto/ Us ticket offices , we have no offical allocation here.

Many Regards

Ticket office

Looks like we're on our own
Coley
g33k h4mm3r

Post by Coley »

Well i have to say that really sucks, piss poor planning by the club there, probably not thinking that some of the fans would travel to see the game Headbanger
Gator_Hammer

Post by Gator_Hammer »

They sent me the same message (exactly) that Servo received. I also asked when the N.A. dates would be announced and they completely ignored that question. I guess this is how the club builds its global fan base.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1985 likes
Total likes: 1660 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Coly and GH

my guess is build the fan base is correct.

you are the CURRENT fans base and as such we all know, none better than the hierarchy, will never leave the club however shittily you/we are treated.

we already buy the team shirts, the other stuff. we already follow the team they have "maxed" us out. we are really a non expanding market. we spend our money a little but we are not expanding (well except my waistline).

they need a NEW influx of market, hence the term "expanding the global fanbase."

look lads, if we haven't left the club now, after all that has happened to us i nthe past, we never will.

it's like a marriage to a terrible wife who we can't or won't divorce however, badly she treats us.

we keep in fact coming back for more.

no, they want new husbands, who don't know of the ***** that we have had to endure through the years.

the losing, well that's really a part of football, but the way and to whom we have lost.

the mismanagement and lack of investment.

the taking from the club by the board in particular one mr. TB.

the shameful treatment of our best and brightest legends.

the selling of our finest players. (i find it hard to watch england games these days other than for the ***** way they play).

the poor players who were/are long past their sell by date and the wasteful use of income.

the shameful contempt shown to the very supporters who poured their lives and souls (not to mention large investment) in this club, AND STILL DO.

this is just one more glaring example our history being repeated. and to believe that we thought it would all change with new owners. i admit i bought into the eggster.

:oops: :cry:
hammer_lad

Post by hammer_lad »

thats just stupid. they usually have an allocation becuase they know we will go and watch them play.

i was going out there for 5-7 nights but i will probably sack it off now. without the guranteed chance of a ticket it seems pointless going as the cost for 5 nights is 200 less a few months before or after. plus whatever the ticket costs on the blackmarket. apparently they are going for 300 canadian dollars so about 150 quid for a friendly game.

Headbanger
Coley
g33k h4mm3r

Post by Coley »

The other option is to see where they are playing for the NA tour and goto those games as the tickets will be much easier to get
hammer_lad

Post by hammer_lad »

is it going to be easier though?? surely its going to be the same thing with all the yanks snapping the tickets up before its even announced.
Coley
g33k h4mm3r

Post by Coley »

No when the date is announced then the tickets will go on sale and everyone gets a shot. Probably season ticket holders first.
But the other game was the MLS allstar game and the tickets went on sale long ago, with people buying them long before it was announced who was playing
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Post by Harveys_HammersLH »

Coley wrote:Well i have to say that really sucks, piss poor planning by the club there, probably not thinking that some of the fans would travel to see the game Headbanger
Or not?

What if the MLS told the club that we couldn't have any official allocation? I know the Toronto season ticket holders also had first chance on any tickets as well.

Some people are far too quick to jump on the club without thinking.
Coley
g33k h4mm3r

Post by Coley »

Harveys_HammersLH wrote: Some people are far too quick to jump on the club without thinking.
Or to criticize others without thinking? Before this was finalized there would have been a substantial amount of negotiation between the 2 clubs and the MLS that would cover all elements of the game, from travel to compensation. There is NO reason why ticket allocation would or could not be a part of that.
hammer_lad

Post by hammer_lad »

Coley wrote: Or to criticize others without thinking? Before this was finalized there would have been a substantial amount of negotiation between the 2 clubs and the MLS that would cover all elements of the game, from travel to compensation. There is NO reason why ticket allocation would or could not be a part of that.
plus we have always had an allocation for our pre-seasons friendlys before.even for some of the more high profile games where they would rather we werent there. or like 1860 munich where they charged us a tenner each for free tickets - they didnt mind an allocation then.

Also i cant see why the MLS would stop them from giving us an allocation.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Harveys_HammersLH wrote: Or not?

What if the MLS told the club that we couldn't have any official allocation? I know the Toronto season ticket holders also had first chance on any tickets as well.

Some people are far too quick to jump on the club without thinking.
Some people are far too quick to defend the club when they haven't a clue what they are talking about :asleep:

Anyone who has half a clue about football can see that the MLS have done a major balls up but putting a game on in a ground that isn't big enough for the amount of people that wish to attend a showcase game. Hardly the best way to show off the Worlds Most Popular Spectator Sport and attracting new fans

West Ham United are fully aware that there are fans that also want to travel to the game...the small allocation they are recieving are no doubts going to the Directors, players and their "extended" families AGAIN :evil: