Official KUMB tour Toronto 2008

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Bobby Orangeboom

Re: Official KUMB tour Toronto 2008

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

From Today's early morning, up with the Lark, Sun... :wink:

WEST HAM stars are fuming at their tour from hell after a travel firm went bust.
Hammers are due in Canada to play prestigious friendlies against MLS All Stars and Columbus Crew.

But the squad is being flown economy class in TWO separate planes despite being led to believe they would get extra room for the long-haul journey in business class.

The Upton Park outfit expect to pocket £500,000 from the two games but players are upset at the new travel arrangements.

The MLS told boss Alan Curbishley they would get business class flights but when a travel firm went under, it all went wrong.

Tonight West Ham play non-league Hampton and stay overnight at a hotel near Heathrow.

Tomorrow, half the squad fly to Chicago on one scheduled flight with the remainder flying out hours later.

After that nine-hour trip, plus the wait at Chicago’s O’Hare airport, they catch another plane for the three-hour flight to Columbus before facing Crew on Sunday.

The following Thursday, the MLS All Star team — which is expected to include David Beckham — provide the opposition in Toronto.

To cap it all, this game is on astroturf and many players are reluctant to turn out because of injury fears.
Chin from ITBS

Post by Chin from ITBS »

The fun continues......

My tickets have been "lost".

Working on trying to get some duplicates sent to a mate who lives in Toronto. I fly on Monday FFS !
BSB1

Post by BSB1 »

Chin from ITBS wrote:The fun continues......

My tickets have been "lost".

Working on trying to get some duplicates sent to a mate who lives in Toronto. I fly on Monday FFS !
I take it they won't let you pick them up from the ground? I don't know why they didn't just let West Ham dish them out. Ours are currently floating around the Fedex void.
Chin from ITBS

Post by Chin from ITBS »

I take it they won't let you pick them up from the ground?
Well, thats the other option. Im going to wait and see what they say. Id rather duplicates were sent to my mate. At least then we have them before turning up at the turnstiles !

Bleeding joke.
stump

Post by stump »

Most matches they can just email you a pdf but this match they suspended that option. They have a ticket office so they can print tickets on demand, they do it for season ticket holders who lose them on the way, all you need is the bar code.

Mind you I didnt get my season package till Week 5 of the season.... I really do hate MLSE...
nr2iron

Post by nr2iron »

pm sent :wink:

West Ham Dave wrote: Can get Toronto in our section (104) it includes the party ticket, so your looking at £98 which is what they cost with fees etc..
Harold Hill Harry

Post by Harold Hill Harry »

or I can get hold of some tickets around the middle behind the away bench for $106 each but no party though.

West Ham Dave wrote: Can get Toronto in our section (104) it includes the party ticket, so your looking at £98 which is what they cost with fees etc..
[/quote]
Vince
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Vince »

Chin from ITBS wrote: Well, thats the other option. Im going to wait and see what they say. Id rather duplicates were sent to my mate. At least then we have them before turning up at the turnstiles !

Bleeding joke.
Not sure who you purchased from but most major grounds in North America always have 'Wilcall' booths at their grounds.
You will have to contact the company that you purchased your tickets from, let them know that you need your tickets left at the Wilcall or whatever booth Toronto FC uses. On the day of the game you would then have to procude I.D. and a copy of the credit card that you purchased the tickets from and they should be able to at leat give you duplicate copies.
Chin from ITBS

Post by Chin from ITBS »

Thanks for the advice. I got them through West Ham.

Im waiting on Toronto to confirm I can get another set sent to a mate who is out there, or just pick them up on the day.
nr2iron

Post by nr2iron »

[quote="Harold Hill Harry"]or I can get hold of some tickets around the middle behind the away bench for $106 each but no party though.

Thanks for the offer but i am now sorted,small world eh Dave :D
Chin from ITBS

Post by Chin from ITBS »

Well, after a whole lot of ****ing about, i found out the tickets had been sat at a Fedex depot a mile away from my house for the last 9 days !!!

so, went to pick them up.

Im in block 104 row 29 seats 2,3 and 4.

Will probably meet a few of you out there !!!
West Ham Dave
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by West Ham Dave »

nr2iron wrote: Thanks for the offer but i am now sorted,small world eh Dave
It sure is, proves you can't have a go at anyone on here, cos you never know who you may be talking about :shock: .

Be good to meet up again and have a beer or two on Wednesday.

Enjoy Columbus, had WH sorted the arrangements a bit earlier would have been there as well, but we jumped the gun and booked as soon as Toronto was confirmed.
rosecityhammer

Post by rosecityhammer »

West Ham Dave wrote:We are having 30 white Polo Shirts made for the tour, 10 each in Medium, Large, and XL (sample of this is BIG), they are not mega expensive if interested or you want to reserve one please PM me.

30 is the minimum order and will be sold for cost.

Will have them in the Imperial Pub on Wednesday evening and Thursday midday for collection.

What time are people meeting up on Wednesday night at the pub before the party?
West Ham Dave

Post by West Ham Dave »

rosecityhammer wrote: What time are people meeting up on Wednesday night at the pub before the party?
We arrive about 4pm so hope to be in there half six/seven
Ermintrude

Post by Ermintrude »

Chin from ITBS wrote:Well, after a whole lot of f***ing about, i found out the tickets had been sat at a Fedex depot a mile away from my house for the last 9 days !!!

so, went to pick them up.

Im in block 104 row 29 seats 2,3 and 4.

Will probably meet a few of you out there !!!
Glad you found your tickets :) Wonder who's in the odd seat 1??? We're just 6 rows in front....maybe see ya in Imperial first
Chin from ITBS

Post by Chin from ITBS »

Not sure I can make the pub pre-match as im actually over there for work. Ill do my best though. Ill be at the party. Ill be the stunningly handsome one that Beckham is desperately trying to talk to.
nr2iron

Post by nr2iron »

Thats why i hung on as we knew there was a game in the states and chances were it was going to be in the northern part so in the end it cost me another ton for the flight but at least i get to go to both games,be lucky and see you wednesday mate :wink:

It sure is, proves you can't have a go at anyone on here, cos you never know who you may be talking about :shock: .

Be good to meet up again and have a beer or two on Wednesday.

Enjoy Columbus, had WH sorted the arrangements a bit earlier would have been there as well, but we jumped the gun and booked as soon as Toronto was confirmed.[/quote]
Ermintrude

Post by Ermintrude »

Chin from ITBS wrote:Not sure I can make the pub pre-match as im actually over there for work. Ill do my best though. Ill be at the party. Ill be the stunningly handsome one that Beckham is desperately trying to talk to.
Now that's a REAL shame cos I'll be the mighty pretty - ahem - one that can't go to the party cos got her kids with her :(
West Ham Dave

Post by West Ham Dave »

Ermintrude wrote: Now that's a REAL shame cos I'll be the mighty pretty - ahem - one that can't go to the party cos got her kids with her :(
Did you hear back from Toronto re a refund on the party tickets???

We will also have the Polo Shirts in Small :D