Official KUMB tour Toronto 2008

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Bobby Orangeboom

Re: Official KUMB tour Toronto 2008

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

Up the Junction wrote:If anyone else has pics that they'd like to submit for a KUMB tour gallery (or two) please fire them over to editor@kumb.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
I've got bundles of good one's but i won't be able to send them til i get back to the Land of Smiles next week i'm afraid but i will be sending them to the link you provided Sir... :thup:
Pursey

Post by Pursey »

ha, I managed to get my ugly mug in one of your photos..

...far right in the first group pic in the Imperial - oblivious at the bar.

I almost feel like one of the gang!! :D
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote:I've got bundles of good one's but i won't be able to send them til i get back to the Land of Smiles next week ...
No problem Bob ...thanks :thup:
Bobby Orangeboom

West Ham Dave wrote: Think the "Trade Description" police need to have a look into that statement, sir :shock:

Just got back to the UK, I have your hat, so PM address and I'll send it out to you.
I blame the Pizza, Steak & Burgers the past 10 days ( Years i hear some say ) or more... :lol:

Thanks for taking care of the Hat Dave, i'll PM with the address for it Mate.. :thup:
rosecityhammer

Post by rosecityhammer »

Just a quick post to say how great it was to meet so many of you in Toronto at the Imperial, the party, the Liberty Street cafe, the match, etc. As someone who traveled over to Canada solo, I can safely say that Hammer supporters are some of the most welcoming and friendly people in the world! I hope to post what pictures I managed to take this week, though I am afraid I had more pints in my hand than I did my camera. :wink:

xoxo,

Rosecityhammer aka "Google" aka "Laurie"
Bobby Orangeboom

rosecityhammer wrote:Just a quick post to say how great it was to meet so many of you in Toronto at the Imperial, the party, the Liberty Street cafe, the match, etc. As someone who traveled over to Canada solo, I can safely say that Hammer supporters are some of the most welcoming and friendly people in the world! I hope to post what pictures I managed to take this week, though I am afraid I had more pints in my hand than I did my camera. :wink:

xoxo,

Rosecityhammer aka "Google" aka "Laurie"
I think i met you with Hillbilly BSB & Hillbilly BSB's Hillbilly Friend called Russ after the Toronto Game in an outdoor sort of Pub wher ei was smashed out of my brain ??? :think:

I was the Fella talking to the West Brom Fan & anyone who would listen to me & trying to steal people's Hat's & Chicken Wings ???
rosecityhammer

Post by rosecityhammer »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote: I think i met you with Hillbilly BSB & Hillbilly BSB's Hillbilly Friend called Russ after the Toronto Game in an outdoor sort of Pub wher ei was smashed out of my brain ??? :think:

I was the Fella talking to the West Brom Fan & anyone who would listen to me & trying to steal people's Hat's & Chicken Wings ???
Yep! I do remember! It was at that Liberty Street Cafe down the street from the stadium. BTW, I think this is one of the best descriptions I have ever read: "I was the Fella talking to the West Brom Fan & anyone who would listen to me & trying to steal people's Hat's & Chicken Wings" :lol:
Bobby Orangeboom

rosecityhammer wrote: Yep! I do remember! It was at that Liberty Street Cafe down the street from the stadium. BTW, I think this is one of the best descriptions I have ever read: "I was the Fella talking to the West Brom Fan & anyone who would listen to me & trying to steal people's Hat's & Chicken Wings" :lol:
That's the one, peace & love to beautiful Oregon... :thup:
NunoB

Post by NunoB »

Good times. Good people.

Best couple days I've had in quiet a few.

:clap:
upton girlie
Purveyor Of Half-Time Confectionery
Location: "Reality is an illusion created by a lack of alcohol."
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by upton girlie »

Gotta say that I recommend Toronto to wannabe travelers but think it's time to return to Blighty now...24 hours left in this city and I keep canceling my trip up the CN tower - I hate heights but gonna find the guts to do it tomorrow.

:? help...
Bobby Orangeboom

upton girlie wrote:Gotta say that I recommend Toronto to wannabe travelers but think it's time to return to Blighty now...24 hours left in this city and I keep canceling my trip up the CN tower - I hate heights but gonna find the guts to do it tomorrow.

It didn't really impress me that much if i'm honest, not a patch on Chicago if you ask me... :thup:
Ricardo

Post by Ricardo »

upton girlie wrote:Gotta say that I recommend Toronto to wannabe travelers but think it's time to return to Blighty now...24 hours left in this city and I keep canceling my trip up the CN tower - I hate heights but gonna find the guts to do it tomorrow.

I went up the CN Tower in about 1987. It was a glass lift all the way. I've felt safer. :|

Great view though!!!!
Harold Hill Harry

Post by Harold Hill Harry »

Hey Bobby!..........didn't someone once sing ' if da hat fits wear it' :lol:
I'm amazed you still got it.
Anyway safe trip back, Mate

I was the Fella talking to the West Brom Fan & anyone who would listen to me & trying to steal people's Hat's & Chicken Wings ???[/quote]
Bobby Orangeboom

upton girlie wrote:

Two well behaved chaps... :wink:

Been a bit busy to write up anything else from the tour, but trust me...it has been fun and I will do soon.
Note to DC, if accusation of a double chin have happened, make sure you position yourself in the shade when further Pictures are taken of the same area.... :lol:
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Post by davids cross »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote:
Note to DC, if accusation of a double chin have happened, make sure you position yourself in the shade when further Pictures are taken of the same area.... :lol:
I'm now more interested in the 3 erect fingers and the 2 half cocked :lol: ...........was it a score prediction ?
Bobby Orangeboom

davids cross wrote: I'm now more interested in the 3 erect fingers and the 2 half cocked :lol: ...........was it a score prediction ?
You know it Brother, i've bought i Ticket for the Roll Over $132m Indiana Lottery tomorrow too.. :lol:
upton girlie
Purveyor Of Half-Time Confectionery
Location: "Reality is an illusion created by a lack of alcohol."
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by upton girlie »

Niagara ...
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

upton girlie wrote:Niagara ...
Who's the slightly-embarrassed geezer on the left with the rather half-hearted attempt? :D
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

upton girlie wrote:Niagara ...
I doubt it is but that background looks so fake... :lol:
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Post by Harveys_HammersLH »

Just had a quick look through the thread and I'm glad all that went had a cracking time. :thup:

I watched the game in a pub in Lanzarote while on holiday. I think we played well with Ashton and Faubert impressing me a lot but the game was watched through my very drunk eyes so don't take my word for it. :lol: