Official KUMB tour Toronto 2008

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Coley
g33k h4mm3r

Re: Official KUMB tour Toronto 2008

Post by Coley »

Its not going to be moved, Its on prime time TV, who the MLS are the slaves of. Unless of course its the network that's forcing a chance.
gavind
Total likes: 1 like

Post by gavind »

ReadingHammer01 wrote: Yeah I have spoken to her.
aha.. good good.

can just imagine the jet setters turning up at the wrong time!!

sigh also that there is room for more mascots... once in a lifetime opportunity that one, wish i was going, the kids would love it.
Coley
g33k h4mm3r

Post by Coley »

You sure you lot are not getting confused and Setanta are moving when they are showing the game in the UK to friday rather than some silly time in the morning.

Setanta don't own the rights to the game in the USA, and its still on Thursday at 7:00 on ESPN
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1985 likes
Total likes: 1660 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

any chance of the Columbus game being on Coley ??

i have checked the FSC line up but can't see it at all.

am moving cable companies this week and was wondering if it's going to be on espn..

i'll have to check their website..

no more Setanta for me !!

:cry:
available only on a Dish, either DirecTV or the Dish ~ i have to get Comcast.

well i Could get the dish separate but the rules for the complexes are tough, i think my new apartment faces southwest, but you get such a piss poor deal if you sign up for separate cable and dish.

i can now get a deal for both cable and internet for i think they said was 80 bucks for 6 months and then the internet goes up by 10 dlrs. last deal was 100.00 plus setanta. complicated but the complex had a mini dish which sends out via the cable in the apartments a bit like the hotels, so we had Dish network.

now i have to either separate the dish and the cable if i want setanta OR get a cheap bundle from the cable company.

sadly it's cheap right now.

Coley
g33k h4mm3r

Post by Coley »

the MLS has an online TV feed but i can't see if that is going to be shown on it
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1985 likes
Total likes: 1660 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

can't see it on espn either but i might have to subscribe to espn deportes because they have the under 19 championships on...

might be able to pick it up on the p2p website...

nah nothing listed at all.

will have to wait for the all star game unfortunately..

only good thing is i'm moving tomorrow and it's a rest day for the tour..
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

Le Tour is on & superb so far, only had 3 Steaks in 3 days which is slacking a bit but having a fantastic time.. :raver:
Servo

Post by Servo »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote:Le Tour is on & superb so far, only had 3 Steaks in 3 days which is slacking a bit but having a fantastic time.. :raver:
I hope you're mixing in some of the many fine varieties of breaded and fried cheese products we have over here. No American meal is complete without something fried and covered with cheese :lol:
NedN
Has liked: 139 likes
Total likes: 615 likes

Post by NedN »

i'm in row 105 as well like a few others are. Hopefully they will let us move over into 104 and stand with all you guys there.
nr2iron

Post by nr2iron »

Thanks,now sorted but looking for tickets for both games :wink:

West Ham Dave wrote: Depends what you call resonable, we go out Wednesday back Saturday/Sunday, flight is £508 inc booked seats, + we can do Hotel at £110 for the 3 nights (one of ours not going now).

PM me if you want full details.
Chin from ITBS

Post by Chin from ITBS »

Has anyone else going to this NOT recieved their tickets yet ?

They have my money, i have not got my tickets yet. Fly on monday, so am getting a little twitchy.
West Ham Dave
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by West Ham Dave »

Chin from ITBS wrote:Has anyone else going to this NOT recieved their tickets yet ?

They have my money, i have not got my tickets yet. Fly on monday, so am getting a little twitchy.
Ours arrived Fed EX last Wednesday, get an Email off to them ASAP Contact Hayley Hanso (TO manager) hanso@torontofc.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
West Ham Dave
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by West Ham Dave »

nr2iron wrote:Thanks,now sorted but looking for tickets for both games :wink:
Can get Toronto in our section (104) it includes the party ticket, so your looking at £98 which is what they cost with fees etc..
rosecityhammer

Post by rosecityhammer »

I am in section 105 row 22.

I am flying out as part of a combined work trip and am going to be flying in Sunday night (20th). I was planning on staying at some nondescript boring hotel near my office (Oakville), but am now considering staying at the Delta Chelsea the whole week instead and just commuting down South each day since I will have a rental car.

I am also considering the Wednesday night party. Do y'all think its worth it? Looking forward to meeting fellow Hammer fans!

~Laurie
Coley
g33k h4mm3r

Post by Coley »

rosecityhammer wrote:I am in section 105 row 22.

I am flying out as part of a combined work trip and am going to be flying in Sunday night (20th). I was planning on staying at some nondescript boring hotel near my office (Oakville), but am now considering staying at the Delta Chelsea the whole week instead and just commuting down South each day since I will have a rental car.

I am also considering the Wednesday night party. Do y'all think its worth it? Looking forward to meeting fellow Hammer fans!

~Laurie
Yeh on both counts. Come to the Chelsea and the party. The way i see it, if the party sucks it sucks. If its great though and all the players and co are there and i don't go i will be gutted.
Harold Hill Harry

Post by Harold Hill Harry »

I mangaged to get me hands on four extra All Star tickets. They 're going for $106 each which is around face value.
BO has first dibs but I think he has his tickets.
PM me if your interested :crest:
H
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

Harold Hill Harry wrote:I mangaged to get me hands on four extra All Star tickets. They 're going for $106 each which is around face value.
BO has first dibs but I think he has his tickets.
PM me if your interested :crest:
H
Yep i'm all done thanks H, appreciate you thinking of me.. :thup:
Hammers NYC

Post by Hammers NYC »

The final seven players on the MLS roster have been picked. The full roster now includes:
Goalkeeper: Pat Onstad& (Houston Dynamo), Matt Reis* (New England Revolution)
Defenders: Jim Brennan& (Toronto FC), Jimmy Conrad* (Kansas City Wizards), Frankie Hejduk* (Columbus Crew), Michael Parkhurst* (New England Revolution)
Midfielders: David Beckham* (Los Angeles Galaxy), Cuauhtémoc Blanco* (Chicago Fire), Dwayne De Rosario+ (Houston Dynamo), Christian Gomez& (Colorado Rapids), Shalrie Joseph* (New England Revolution), Sacha Kljestan* (Chivas USA), Pablo Mastroeni& (Colorado Rapids), Robbie Rogers* (Columbus Crew)
Forwards: Juan Pablo Angel& (forward, New York Red Bulls), Edson Buddle+ (Los Angeles Galaxy), Kenny Cooper* (FC Dallas), Landon Donovan* (Los Angeles Galaxy)

Theres an article about the final picks to the team with short bios of all the players selected for the MLS squad for anyone interested in reading it.
http://www.mlsnet.com//mls/events/all_s ... &fext=.jsp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;