Transfer Window: Summer 2008

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

hawkins_hammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Re: Summer transfer talk/rumours

Post by hawkins_hammer »

errrr, are you allowed three loan transfers at once? :think:
smuts
Has liked: 1498 likes
Total likes: 1439 likes

Post by smuts »

hawkins_hammer wrote:errrr, are you allowed three loan transfers at once? :think:
Shhhh....they'll throw the book at us! :lol:
goggles

Post by goggles »

As i confirmed that it was on the Toulouse website first i would like to be known as the new ITK replacing Trap, Thank you :lol: :wink:
Arch Dandy
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Arch Dandy »

Just noticed that the Times reported today that Spurs offered £10m for Carlton Cole after getting a knock back from Wigan re.Heskey.
hawkins_hammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by hawkins_hammer »

Arch Dandy wrote:Just noticed that the Times reported today that Sp*rs offered £10m for Carlton Cole after getting a knock back from Wigan re.Heskey.
We wanted 12m.
IIIronss

Post by IIIronss »

hawkins_hammer wrote:errrr, are you allowed three loan transfers at once? :think:
Max of 4 iirc.
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

Arch Dandy wrote:Just noticed that the Times reported today that Sp*rs offered £10m for Carlton Cole after getting a knock back from Wigan re.Heskey.
:shock: 'kin hell. And we rejected it?
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 690 likes
Total likes: 1606 likes

Post by chalks »

Heysel76 wrote:Chalks, some of what you have said has been nearly correct, but a lot has been wide of the mark (or not publicised).
I don't for one minute think you made anything up, but is it not possible that your ITK has been fed false information for some reason?

Not having a pop, just wondering if this was a possibility?
what has been wide of the mark my friend?? The touting around of our players has been confirmed by every supposed 'itk' on here...........ive said til im blue in the face that we wouldnt be spending money on incoming transfers (yes we signed Behrami but if you believe he cost even half of the 5m the club claim youd be wrong, you can trust me on that).................we have so far raised, through player sales, roughly 20m of the 35/40m plus i said we needed to raise way back in May re Sheff Utd (and that one will make the press shortly imo)..................oh ok, there seems to be no foundation to the Noble wants to move rumour, but i had no reason to disbelieve the person who told me that..................

Not much false information there im sure you'll agree....and please bare in mind i continued to stick to my guns amidst some ridiculous abuse on here from some proper keyboard warrior numpties :wink:
mickfbrown

Post by mickfbrown »

Chalks is correct.

I stated last night we are looking to shift players and replace them with loan signings. Every player at the club had a price last night.......

I am just relieved that we only lost McCartney...........
LeonRivers
Has liked: 1032 likes
Total likes: 394 likes

Post by LeonRivers »

mickfbrown wrote:Chalks is correct.

I stated last night we are looking to shift players and replace them with loan signings. Every player at the club had a price last night.......

I am just relieved that we only lost McCartney...........
Every player at every club has a price
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 690 likes
Total likes: 1606 likes

Post by chalks »

LeonRivers wrote: Every player at every club has a price
You are correct Leon, however not every club touts all there playesr around like there going out of fashion, as we have been doing for weeks.

And before you mention Totts in for CC, i dont believe that for one minute.
Ray Stewarts Right Foot

Post by Ray Stewarts Right Foot »

chalks wrote: what has been wide of the mark my friend?? The touting around of our players has been confirmed by every supposed 'itk' on here...........ive said til im blue in the face that we wouldnt be spending money on incoming transfers (yes we signed Behrami but if you believe he cost even half of the 5m the club claim youd be wrong, you can trust me on that).................we have so far raised, through player sales, roughly 20m of the 35/40m plus i said we needed to raise way back in May re Sheff Utd (and that one will make the press shortly imo)..................oh ok, there seems to be no foundation to the Noble wants to move rumour, but i had no reason to disbelieve the person who told me that..................

Not much false information there im sure you'll agree....and please bare in mind i continued to stick to my guns amidst some ridiculous abuse on here from some proper keyboard warrior numpties :wink:
As the saying goes the truth hurts ...

A lot of posters don't want to hear the things you've offered up Mr Chalks as it doesn't taste good but I respect the fact that you have inspite of the reception you received. But anyone who honestly thought that BG would not be here to make a buck or two has no conception of what modern Premiership football is about.

On the whole Sheffield United thing - do we think that this accumilation of cash raised from recent sales is being put aside just in case or is there a strong feeling that a pay out will be awarded? We obviously couldn't settle out of court as the Premier League would this admitting we cheated (even though we did!). This whole saga still lingers like a rancid arse squirt!
Heysel76
Has liked: 213 likes
Total likes: 105 likes

Post by Heysel76 »

chalks wrote: what has been wide of the mark my friend?? The touting around of our players has been confirmed by every supposed 'itk' on here...........ive said til im blue in the face that we wouldnt be spending money on incoming transfers (yes we signed Behrami but if you believe he cost even half of the 5m the club claim youd be wrong, you can trust me on that).................we have so far raised, through player sales, roughly 20m of the 35/40m plus i said we needed to raise way back in May re Sheff Utd (and that one will make the press shortly imo)..................oh ok, there seems to be no foundation to the Noble wants to move rumour, but i had no reason to disbelieve the person who told me that..................

Fair dos mate, just asking. I gotta say though, i think the Sheff Utd bit is complete cobblers, but time will tell!
Memorial Ground

Post by Memorial Ground »

Grasser played for youths

http://www.ilfordrecorder.co.uk/content ... 3A39%3A523" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
D&G

Post by D&G »

Was the Ferriera rumours b*llocks then? I seemed quite convinced (at of all of them) about this rumour at the time, did he go somewhere else?