Transfer Window: Summer 2008

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

I am law

Re: Summer Transfer talk

Post by I am law »

Adi Cokers Boots wrote:
But yes a left sided midfielder is top priority :crest:
Step forward Charles N'Zogbia.
IIIronss

Post by IIIronss »

I am law wrote: Step forward Charles N'Zogbia.

Spot on, cover at LB aswell, and hes Foreign.
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Post by Harveys_HammersLH »

I'm not saying we would get a starter on both sides at full back, but we need cover for Linda, and although we've got Spector, Neill is far too comfortable and needs someone to pressure him for his place. Again maybe a talented youngster.
How about a right back then as Neill can play left back as well?
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 78 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Harveys_HammersLH wrote: How about a right back then as Neill can play left back as well?
Jose Bosingwa
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 78 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

By the way, Johann Vogel is exactly the sort of player we should have been looking at and brought in right now.

I think he will be superb at Blackburn. Very good passer and can keep a game ticking very well, similar to Tugay.
saludo de carlitos

Post by saludo de carlitos »

I would like us to sign park from man u and palicio who i think is at boca.
Adi Cokers Boots

Post by Adi Cokers Boots »

Harveys_HammersLH wrote: How about a right back then as Neill can play left back as well?
He can but we'd be getting by & his lack of pace may be exposed more on the left, I wouldn't feel comfortable if he had to fill in for long, just an opinion though.
Romford_Iron
Has liked: 59 likes
Total likes: 269 likes

Post by Romford_Iron »

I have to agree that a left winger is a priority! N'Zogbia would be perfect in my eyes!

I think we desperatley need a LB, someone said Marcelo (would be a quality signing but i can't see it happening) I think i read somewhere that Royston Drenthe was unhappy at Real but to be honest i wouldn't mind Stephan Warnock I ust hate the fact we havn't got cover there!

I think we need a RB but I really don't know of any players that we could sign! Although we have got Spector that can play there and I would love to see Pantsil get a run because I think he could do well there! But maybe one for Nani to find for us!

Think we should get rid of Bowyer and get replace him with one of Arshavin, Modric or Afellay as simonwebb said (personally think he has a very bright future)

I'm not sure that we defenlty need another striker, with the apperance of Freddy i think that we should only buy one if a young fair priced striker liek Farfan looked awesome against tottenham but i do not think its a priority in my eyes!

I also think think we should try and replace Mullins with a very good young defensive midfielder if we can get them maybe a long shot but Alberto Zapater?? Not sure who else but am not too fussed anyways Mullins is very good back up at the moment!

So

LB & LW - Top priorities!
RB & ATM - Fairly important.
Striker - If a youngster appears for a decent price.
& a DM - Only if a brilliant prospect comes by.

Apart from that just invest in hte medical team, & make sure everyone is fit for next season!
Last edited by Romford_Iron on Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Romford_Iron
Has liked: 59 likes
Total likes: 269 likes

Post by Romford_Iron »

dp! :oops:
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote: Why?

Wait till we 'sign' Bellamy, Faubert and Dyer in the summer and then tell me we need 'foreign' flair.

same old ***** again,

with a fully fit squad we will challenge top 8 easily

id love to know what super signings are out there, cause, even man city's elano and petrov have struggled since the turn of the year.

never ceases to amaze how many people out there know sod all about football.
IIIronss

Post by IIIronss »

chigwells finest wrote:

same old ***** again,

with a fully fit squad we will challenge top 8 easily

id love to know what super signings are out there, cause, even man city's elano and petrov have struggled since the turn of the year.

never ceases to amaze how many people out there know sod all about football.
Spot on, and how they think they know more than the Manager.
I am Legend
Has liked: 1600 likes
Total likes: 1656 likes

Post by I am Legend »

sorry but anyone who thinks we dont need more creativity is deluded or likes watching ***** football.

yes we might be creative with dyer, bellers, faubert back in the team, but frankly we dont know if that will ever happen. And if it does. they wont all play a whole season next year. So i agree with others in that we need at least one more very creative players, from abroad as well. Because frankly english players are just not as skillfull and creative as some foreigners.

We need 1 striker. I think we'd do well with Ashton, Sears, Bellamy. But what if they get injured and we're left with Cole and Boa up front? id like the back up, so 1 more please.

Defence looks good. but a left back to compete with McCartney would be nice.

Midfield, as much as i like Mullins, i just dont think he is good enough in the holding role as most players in that position. Especially if we want to be getting into Europe. So a Def Mid

....f*** it, just sign Kaka, Adriano, Toni and Pirlo

:raver:
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote: Why?

Wait till we 'sign' Bellamy, Faubert and Dyer in the summer and then tell me we need 'foreign' flair.
I've really got my fingers off that those signings do come good Mate, along with Parker, Ashton, Green & Upson, those 3 should be the main part of our Team next year..

If we had those 7 in the Line up, it's the other 4 places/positions that we'd need to strengthen in my eyes.
neilbob

Post by neilbob »

I love the term "creativity". It's so ****ing vague, yet gets thrown about without anyone ever questioning what the f*** it actually is :lol:

Just another football manager sim game attribute :wink:
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 675 likes
Total likes: 1328 likes

Post by davids cross »

neilbob wrote:I love the term "creativity". It's so f*cking vague, yet gets thrown about without anyone ever questioning what the f*ck it actually is :lol:
Very good point........Few fail to realise that creativity is not just about a "creative" player but about moving the ball quickly and accurately that is how you make space............Do Arsenal have a truely creative midfield player ? I don't think so.......What they do have is players who pass and move at great pace with great control.
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

davids cross wrote: Very good point........Few fail to realise that creativity is not just about a "creative" player but about moving the ball quickly and accurately that is how you make space............Do Arsenal have a truely creative midfield player ? I don't think so.......What they do have is players who pass and move at great pace with great control.
& it's no coincindence that when Hleb is on form, Arsenal play their best stuff..
mattcox10

Post by mattcox10 »

Making a suggestion doesn't mean you know sod all about football.

I made the same point at the start of the season, that we hadn't replaced our so called 'flair' players ala Yossi/Tevez, at all. And no, I don't count Dyer at all.

I said this would cause 2 things:
1. Lack of enthusiasm from the fans, who have always been used to watching at least one stylish player who can change a game aka Berkovic, Joe Cole, Di Canio Tevez....
2. Inabilitiy to grind out results, especially at home, as teams would sit back, and we wouldn't have the intelligence to unlock defences.

And I'm right on both.

I'm fully behind Curbs, as I think he is an excellent manager working with what he has got, but transfers wise he is pretty toilet. But hopefully this will get sorted.

People also seem to forget that many players he signed are not that young, and saying oh next year can't wait to see them back.....as we all know it's not as easy as that, they will probably be injured next year, they will be another year older, so we need to start looking to the future.
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 675 likes
Total likes: 1328 likes

Post by davids cross »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote: & it's no coincindence that when Hleb is on form, Arsenal play their best stuff..
Exactly, no one would call him "creative" in the old sense, but he does everything so quickly it makes space for others.
Whufc06
Has liked: 122 likes
Total likes: 373 likes

Post by Whufc06 »

davids cross wrote: Exactly, no one would call him "creative" in the old sense, but he does everything so quickly it makes space for others.
We dont have any players like that though.
Mears

Post by Mears »

West ham United are unlikely to make many major moves into the transfer market next summer, according to Upton Park chief executive Scott Duxbury.
Manager Alan Curbishley was handed a major transfer pot at the start of the current campaign and Duxbury expects a measure of stability to be sought at the club in the coming months.

He told the Newham Recorder: "I think there will be money for signings, but I am not sure we want to use it.

"If we bring in big-money signings, then we are not going to see the players who we have already get a chance to show what they can do.

"Obviously, we will look to bring in players where we need a bit of cover, but perhaps we will bring in a younger striker and let him learn from the more experienced players."

However, Duxbury has downplayed reports that chairman Bjorgolfur Gudmundsson's fortune was on the wane in his native Iceland.

"I think his wealth has gone down from £1.2 billion to £1.1 billion, so I don't think he has too much to worry about," Duxbury added.

"I don't think it is a case of anything being put on hold."

"I think he will look to carry on the way things are for another couple of years and then he may come over and take a more hands-on role, but for the moment he is happy for us to deal with the day-to-day running of things."