Summer transfer gossip (c&p only please)

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

WCpete
Has liked: 1404 likes
Total likes: 3070 likes

Re: Summer transfer gossip (c&p only please)

Post by WCpete »

http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/mostpo ... e_move.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MEDIA speculation has seen West Ham striker Bobby Zamora linked with a move to ambitious Championship outfit QPR for next season.

The 27-year-old was restricted to just 13 starts last season after missing the first five months of the campaign with a knee tendinitis problem.

And The Mirror also claims that Fulham and Birmingham have been chasing the former Spurs frontman, but Zamora is keen to join the ambitious Championship side with big money to spend.

The Loftus Road outfit are financed by the millions of Formula One tycoons Bernie Ecclestone and Flavio Briatore, and the family of steel magnate Lakshmi Mittal. It does however appear that the Hammers may have to split Zamora's £15,000-a-week wages with the R's.

Pay his wages while he plays for another club? Would seem very poor business to me. Why not just loan him then.
Iron Mike

Post by Iron Mike »

West Ham must pay £10million to land Djibril Cisse
15/06/2008

West Ham will have to cough up £10million to land French ace Djibril Cisse.

The Hammers are keen on signing Cisse, 26, but his current club Marseille insist he will not leave on the cheap.

And the French giants' aggressive stance could mean West Ham turn their attentions to other targets - with Barcelona star Eidur Gudjohnsen a possibility.

Marseille president Pape Diouf said: "I have read that Djibril wants to leave for England but he is still under contract with us.

"As a consequence he is not the one who decides, but the club."
scanlen

Post by scanlen »

Reading fan's posting from Teamtalk news
jakoreading, Reading fan.
Posted 16/06/2008 @ 16:54

west ham have sacked ac and will bring in paul ince and this is west hams new first team...GREEN,NEIL(CAPTAIN),FERDINAND,UPSON,SHOREY,DYER,NOBLE,PARKER, LENNON,ASHTON,BELLAMY.....MY GUESS WEST HAM WILL COME 5TH OR 6TH.IM A FAN OF WEST HAM AND LOVE YOUR COUNTER ATTAKING PLAY GOOD LUCK BOYS FOR NEXT SEASON OH SORRY I FORGOT IF INCE DOESNT TAKE THE JOB AVRAM GRANT OR SLAVE BILIC HEARD THIS FROM MY MAIN MAN EGGERT

His main man is probably Eggert Smith!
WebmasterFF
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 152 likes

Post by WebmasterFF »

Sunderland close on £2million Hammers striker

Team talk http://www.fansfc.com/sunderlandfootbal ... sid=186514" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

19:08 16/06/2008

Sunderland Football Club are closing on Carlton Cole.

Mail The Sunderland Journo
Leave A Comment On Our Message Board
Send This Article To A Friend

Roy Keane is eager to bolster his attacking options at the Stadium of Light ahead of the new season, particularly as Kenwyne Jones could spend quite some time on the sidelines through injury.

The Irishman has a reported £50million available to spend in the summer transfer window, and with this considered, the possible signing of Cole will seem like a pittance.

It is believed West Ham United are willing to let the striker leave for as little as £2million after he managed to find the back of the next just six times last season, and Keane hopes to conclude a deal this week.
Iron Mike

Post by Iron Mike »

http://www.premiershiplatest.com/news/r ... 11033.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Reading’s Shorey & Palermo’s Bresciano Linked With West Ham
Submitted by Niraj Prabhu on Wed, 2008-06-18 14:42. West Ham United Premiership Transfer News Advertise HereWest Ham United are being linked with Reading left-back Nicky Shorey and Palermo midfielder Mark Bresciano.

After the Royals’ relegation to the Championship, Shorey, who was also in the Hammers link last summer, is said to be looking to move to the top-flight side in order to keep his England career going.

West Ham boss Alan Curbishley is also said to be interested in Australia international Bresciano, who had appeared close to moving to Manchester City last summer before the move collapsed. The 28-year-old was rated at £5million last summer.
Rainham Hammer

Post by Rainham Hammer »

Aston Villa set to bid for Anton Ferdinand

MARTIN O’Neill is keen on West Ham defender Anton Ferdinand and could follow up his interest with a firm bid for the 23-year-old, who has been made available by Alan Curbishley at the right price.

O’Neill is looking for quality reinforcements ahead of the InterToto campaign in a month’s time.

Ferdinand has been heavily linked with a £6million move to Tottenham in recent weeks but O’Neill could decide to steal in and firm up his liking for a player who has, perhaps, lost his way a little after five years of guaranteed first-team football.

O’Neill has Martin Laursen and Zat Knight as his only fit central defenders with Curtis Davies out until October and youngster Stephen O’Halloran recovering from a knee injury.

Ferdinand, aged 22 – younger brother of Manchester United’s Rio – could join former Hammers team-mates Nigel Reo-Coker and Marlon Harewood at Villa Park should O’Neill push through a deal.

West Ham have previously indicated they are willing to listen to offers for Ferdinand with manager Curbishley seemingly under pressure to cut the Upton Park wage bill this summer.

http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingha ... -21105183/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scanlen

Post by scanlen »

Another TeamTalk news poster that's getting excited -
super_hammer (West Ham United fan)
Posted 18/06/2008 @ 21:12
Stop the press!! Just heard from an extremely reliable source at West Ham that the reason why Upton Park has been quiet so far in the transfer front is that Slaven Bilic will be taking over at Upton Park on Monday 7th July. Stuart Pearce will also return to the club as his no.2. That is the reasons Ashton's contract was renewed so quick by the club, as Bilic wanted re-assurances that they would not sell the family silver like they always do. Nani is on the case of new talent, and Kia Joorabachan will be using the club to show case his new discovered talent, above board and legal, and West Ham will get first refusal on any players once their initial time is up. Obviously, if we get another Tevez, we won't be able to afford him, but if we get a revolving door of some of the best South American talent, with the odd few staying at the club long term,then surely exciting days to come at the Boleyn. Remember where you heard it first....
Bromleyboy
Location: ....waiting for the lift so I can go to the next level
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Bromleyboy »

Decent bets

Aston Villa and Tottenham Hotspur are monitoring Robert Green’s contractual situation. The West Ham United goalkeeper is paid about £28,000 a week, which is significantly less than many at the club earn.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 167838.ece" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Damn Yankee

Post by Damn Yankee »

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... 315175.ece" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NEWCASTLE and West Ham are set to do battle as they chase Deportivo La Coruna’s Fabricio Coloccini.

The centre-half has been outstanding in La Liga and Hammers boss Alan Curbishley and his Toon counterpart Kevin Keegan are keen to land him.

Argentine star Coloccini, 26, would cost around £12million and admits he is waiting to see where he will be playing next season.

He said: “There has been a lot spoken about my future but there have been no concrete offers.

“At the moment I am thinking about my selection for the Argentina team and then about my holiday.”
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

Aston Villa and Tottenham Hotspur are monitoring Robert Green’s contractual situation. The West Ham United goalkeeper is paid about £28,000 a week, which is significantly less than many at the club earn. (The Times)

====================

ASTON VILLA boss Martin O'Neill is reportedly considering making an offer for West Ham's Anton Ferdinand.

According to the Birmingham Mail, O'Neill is keen to take Ferdinand to Villa Park after the 22-year-old's proposed move to Spurs broke down.

It is understood that Alan Curbishley is willing to listen to offers for Ferdinand - younger brother of Manchester United's Rio - as the Hammers seek to trim their wage bill.

Should the defender join Villa he will meet up with former West Ham team-mates Marlon Harewood and Nigel Reo-Coker, although it is thought it would take a bid in the region £6million to prise him out of Upton Park.

====================

West ham United target James Harper says he would be content to remain with Reading next season, despite craving a return to the Premier League.
The 27-year-old midfielder has been with the Royals since early 2001, making over 300 appearances in all competitions for the Berkshire club.

However, Harper is reported to be attracting interest from the Hammers and Fulham, following Reading's relegation to the Championship at the end of last season.

Harper told the Reading Evening Post: "I have not asked to leave, but if the club want to sell me and accept a bid then I would go and talk to them.

"I am happy to stay here, so it is in the club's hands. I would never ask to leave or put in a transfer request.

"No matter what job you do you want to be at the top level. I want to be at the top of my profession and I want to be the best I can and play against the best.

"I won't pretend I don't want to be playing in the Premier League, but I'm more than happy to stay here next season.

"I have been here seven years and I have always given my all for Reading."
Cockney Rebel
Location: Isle of Dogs... with Manhattan in the background...

Post by Cockney Rebel »

http://thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/ ... 315175.ece" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NEWCASTLE and WEST HAM are set to do battle as they chase Deportivo La Coruna’s Fabricio Coloccini.

The centre-half has been outstanding in La Liga and Hammers boss Alan Curbishley and his Toon counterpart Kevin Keegan are keen to land him.

Argentine star Coloccini, 26, would cost around £12million and admits he is waiting to see where he will be playing next season.

He said: “There has been a lot spoken about my future but there have been no concrete offers.

“At the moment I am thinking about my selection for the Argentina team and then about my holiday.”
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... 315175.ece" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NEWCASTLE and West Ham are set to do battle as they chase Deportivo La Coruna’s Fabricio Coloccini.

Johnny Pa(i)ntsil

Post by Johnny Pa(i)ntsil »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 456124.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BBC- Monday's gossip column

Wigan will have to come up with £5.5m if they want to land Rennes centre-back John Mensah, who is also attracting interest from Blackburn, Portsmouth and West Ham.
Bromleyboy
Location: ....waiting for the lift so I can go to the next level
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Bromleyboy »

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/ ... 48,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kapo might fit for Premiership trio

West Ham and Blackburn are ready to rival Wigan in the race to sign Olivier Kapo after his agent revealed the player wanted to quit Birmingham.

Latics have been heavily linked with a move for the former France international midfielder, whom then Birmingham boss Steve Bruce brought to the club from Juventus last summer.

Bruce has, of course, since moved on to The JJB and is known to be keen to work with the player again.

But West Ham and Blackburn are both monitoring developments with Kapo, while French outfit Marseille are also believed to have approached the former Auxerre and Monaco star.

Kapo initially vowed to stay with Birmingham following their relegation to the Championship, but his agent Willie McKay now claims the player ' wants to play in the Premier League' - putting the trio of clubs on red alert.

Kapo, who scored five goals in 26 appearances during Birmingham's unsuccessful battle against relegation, is thought to be valued at around £3million by Blues manager Alex McLeish.
Hammer Smith

Post by Hammer Smith »

HAMMERS TO MAKE FINAL JOHNSON MOVE
June 21, 2008

West Ham boss Alan Curbishley is set to make one last ditch effort to land Andy Johnson from Everton with a £9.5million offer.Hammers boss Curbishley has been linked with a move for the Everton striker on numerous occasions and, every time the former Crystal Palace player is linked, he denies any possible move and says he is happy where he is at Everton.

Curbishley views Johnson as an ideal partner for Dean Ashton but whether he can persuade him to head back down south remains to be seen. One thing in Curbishley's favour is the fact that Everton have a host of strikers and, more often than not, they go with a five-man midfield and just one up front. Therefore Johnson may find his first-team opportunities limited which could make him consider his future.

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/west-ham-u ... 48342.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bobo

Post by bobo »

TEAMTALK

McFadden wants Blues exit - Agent

Scotland striker James McFadden is keen to leave Birmingham following their relegation to the Championship, according to his agent.

McFadden joined Birmingham from Everton in January for £5million but could not keep Alex McLeish's side in the Premier League.

With Celtic interested, McFadden could move back to Scotland, while Middlesbrough, West Ham and Aston Villa are also thought to be interested.

Agent Willie McKay said: "James has told me that he wants to leave.

"He is happy when Alex McLeish gave him an opportunity to play first-team football every week but it's a short career and he wants to play at the highest level."

However, Blues manager Alex McLeish is keen to keep hold of the former Motherwell star and said: "We want to keep hold of our best players and James is absolutely vital to our plans."

McFadden, 25, signed a three-and-a-half-year contract when he arrived at Birmingham and has scored four goals in 12 games.

Apply now for the West Ham Rewards Credit Card
Iron Mike

Post by Iron Mike »

http://www.soccer365.com/scottish_news/ ... 103046.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wigan, West Ham Join Chase For Kapo

West Ham and Blackburn rovers are ready to join Wigan in the race to sign Olivier Kapo after his agent indicated he was ready to leave Birmingham.

The former France international has been strongly linked with a move to the Latics after ex-Wigan boss Steve Bruce brought him over to the club from Juventus last summer.

And since his move to The JJB, Bruce is once again eager to work with the player - despite West Ham and Blackburn monitoring developments with the player.

As well as from the two top flight outfits, Wigan faces competition from French clubs too, as Marseille have reportedly approached the former Auxerre and Monaco player.

Despite claiming he was committed to Birmingham following their relegation to the Coca Cola Championship, Kapo's agent Willie McKay now claims the player wants to join the Premier League.

Kapo scored five times for Birmingham in 26 appearances as the club unsuccessfully battled relegation, and Blues boss Alex McLeish has him valued at approximately GBP3 million.
Iron Mike

Post by Iron Mike »

http://www.premiershiplatest.com/news/w ... 11293.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

West Ham’s Anton Ferdinand In Aston Villa & Tottenham Link
Submitted by Niraj Prabhu on Mon, 2008-06-23 16:40. Aston Villa, Tottenham Hotspur, West Ham United Premiership Transfer News Aston Villa have joined Tottenham Hotspur in the link-up with West Ham United centre-back Anton Ferdinand.

The Daily Mail says that the Villans will need to splash out at least £8m if they are to prise the 23-year-old away from Upton Park this summer.

Villa boss Martin O’Neill is reportedly looking to sign a central defender and has shown a ‘growing interest’ in the Peckham-born star. However, no official offer has yet been made.

The former England Under-21 star seems in no hurry to commit long term to the Hammers as his representatives are yet to open negotiations for a new improved deal.
Iron Mike

Post by Iron Mike »

http://www.premiershiplatest.com/news/w ... 11291.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

West Ham Have Important Role For Ljungberg: Agent

Freddie Ljungberg's agent, Claes Elefalk has disclosed that West Ham United are counting on the experienced Sweden winger contrary to the reports suggesting his summer exit.

The former Arsenal star earns high wages at Upton Park and reports had claimed that Alan Curbishley has been looking to lower their wage bill by offloading the 31-year-old.

"I met with [chief executive] Scott Duxbury and the new general manager Gianluca Nani and they explained Fredrik is very important for the future," Elefalk told Setanta.

"He is one of their most important players so they don't want to lose him."
Iron Mike

Post by Iron Mike »

http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/sport/ ... wolves.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HAMMERS TALK: West Ham target signs new deal at Wolves

WOLVES winger Michael Kightly has ended the constant speculation linking him with a move to West Ham by signing a new four year contract, writes Trevor Vidler.

Generally regarded as one of the best players outside the Premier League it was thought that the England under-21 star would move on following the Molineux clubs failure to make the Championship play-offs.

However, the 22-year-old wing wizard has decided to remain loyal to the club that unearthed him from non-league Grays in 2006.

Speaking to the Wolves website, Kightly said, "I'm really pleased that the deal has been completed. I hope it will stop all of this talk about me wanting to leave."

Despite an injtop-flight clubs, including West Ham. In two seasons for the Championship side he has scored 13 goals in 47 appearances