Summer transfer gossip (c&p only please)

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

yabush

Re: Summer transfer gossip - c&p only

Post by yabush »

Hammers keep an eye on Rangers front man

WEST Ham are reportedly keeping tabs on Rangers star Daniel Cousin as they seek to boost their forward options for next season.

The Gabon international's agent claims that the player is ready to quit Ibrox and is attracting the interest of a "number of Premier League clubs".

Fulham are certain to rekindle their interest in the 31-year-old after being denied that chance in January.

Then, FIFA blocked the move because the player had already represented two clubs, Lens and Rangers, in the same season and could not play for a third.

Newcastle are also said to be keen to secure Cousin's services.

And the powerful frontman's agent Willie McKay revealed that his client would love a dream move south of the border.
advertisement

"I would expect Daniel to leave Rangers this summer and he is still very interested in a move to England," McKay told skysports.

"He was disappointed when the move to Fulham in January was blocked, but he showed what a real professional he was by returning to Rangers and scoring a few important goals for them.

"He would love the chance to play in the Premier League and there is interest from a number of clubs.

http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/sport/ ... nt_man.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 675 likes
Total likes: 1328 likes

Post by davids cross »

Caught Offside.

West Ham prepared to break the bank for £16m Romanian striker:

May 29, 2008

Word coming out of East London is that West Ham manager Alan Curbishley could be on the verge of what could be their biggest signing of the summer. Apparently Curbs is in the process of trying to bring some Serie A class to the squad by adding Fiorentina ace Adrian Mutu to an already-promising front line.

Fiorentina striker Adrian Mutu is on the verge of signing for West Ham in a £16 million pound deal, after rejecting a new contract from Fiorentina last week. (various)

Who knows if the word coming out of East London is sound, but if this deal were to happen, it would be a massive signing for the Hammers. The Fiorentina striker has scored 17 goals in 26 appearances for the club this past season, and was instrumental in helping La Viola make the Champions League qualification round.
Hammers Dad
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by Hammers Dad »

West Ham boss Alan Curbishley has put £5m-rated defender Anton Ferdinand up for sale as part of his summer clear-out. Spurs have bid for the 23-year-old in the past. (Daily Mirror)
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2575 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

From FansFC

West Ham United plan shock Old Trafford raid
07:28 May, 30, 2008
West Ham United Football Club are planning a shock raid on the Champions.

Alan Curbishley knows the pressure is on him next season to launch a genuine bid for Uefa Cup football with the Hammers, and he has been handed a transfer budget of around £20million to boost his squad.

And the former Addicks manager is hoping his good friend Sir Alex Ferguson will do him a huge favour by letting him take Louis Saha from his Manchester United squad for around £5million.

The France international striker has had a torrid time with injuries since his £12million move from Fulham in January 2004, and the Reds are believed to be losing patience with him.

West Ham fans, do you think Saha is worth a chance?

And what about you Reds fans, would you be sad or glad to see the back of the injury-plagued hitman?
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham

Post by Burnley Hammer »

From Guardian-series.co.uk

Hammers could make a move for Fulham midfielder

WEST Ham are keen to take Fulham's Steve Davis across London to Upton Park this summer, according to reports.

The Irons are thought to be one of four Premier League clubs chasing the £3m-rated Northern Ireland midfielder - Newcastle, Blackburn and Middlesbrough being the others.

Scottish giants Rangers are also looking to muscle in on the 23-year-old.

Davis - who arrived at Craven Cottage in a £4 milion move from Aston Villa last summer - was shipped out on loan to Ibrox in January and played a key role in helping the club go all the way to the UEFA Cup final.

Gers boss Walter Smith now wants to make the switch permanent, and is ready to offer former Cottagers target Daniel Cousin as part of the deal.
Burnley Hammer

Post by Burnley Hammer »

from Orlando Senital

Rumor: West Ham linked with Polish starlet
Posted by Brant Parsons on May 30, 2008 3:14:00 AM

West Ham could be bringing in 17-year-old Brescia midfielder Bartosz Salamon. The Polish starlet has been watched by Real Madrid in the past but reports have Irons technical director Gianluca Nani could have the upper hand.

The Hammers have spent the early part of the silly season working on keeping Dean Ashton around long term and haven't made a signing yet.

Any comments West Ham fans?

Rumor rating

5/10 Hard to say much about a 17-year-old that I know nothing about. The one sign that does point to a chance for West Ham to bring him in is Nani's intimate knowledge of the player and connections with the club in Italy.
Burnley Hammer

Post by Burnley Hammer »

from the mirror

West Ham to cash in on £5m Anton Ferdinand
30/05/2008

West Ham boss Alan Curbishley has put Anton Ferdinand up for sale as part of his clear-out.

Curbs will listen to offers of around £5million for the centrehalf as the Hammers look to slash their wage bill this summer.

The shock move will alert Tottenham who had a bid turned down for the 23-year-old in the past but would be encouraged to make another move for him.

The England Under-21 star has struggled to win over his club boss who has doubts about his future in the West Ham team.
Burnley Hammer

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Guardian-series.co.uk

Hammers to miss out on Dunne

WEST Ham look set to miss out on Richard Dunne, with reports the player is in advanced transfer talks with T*ttenham.

The unsettled Manchester City defender is widely recognised as one of the league's most consistent performers and the Irons are believed to be one of a host of Premier League clubs, including Portsmouth, Sunderland and Newcastle, to be tracking the star.

But Sp*rs boss Juande Ramos is reported to be on the brink of taking the 28-year-old to White Hart Lane in a £5 million deal.
Theres always next week

Post by Theres always next week »

Lanzafame: I'm 99.9% Palermo's
Juventus striker Davide Lanzafame has revealed he is on the brink of joining Palermo, dismissing claims he had rejected the move…
»Comments (8) Print This Story Send To A Friend Contact Us galleria zoom The 21-year-old has been on loan at Bari since last year, and is expected to move to Sicily in a part player-swap that would see Brazilian striker Amauri switch to Juve.

Reports claimed the Italy under-21 international, who received his fourth cap in the Azzurrini’s recent win over Japan, had rejected Palermo in favour of a loan spell at Premier League club West Ham.

But Lanzafame, regarded by many as Italy’s answer to Cristiano Ronaldo, has rubbished such rumours, insisting it is a matter of when and not if he completes his transfer to the Rosanero.

"I'm 99.9 per cent Palermo's and for me the 1 per cent is only a matter of details," he said.

"I want to refute the lies said and written about me in which I would not want to come to Palermo. I think the opposite, and will clarify many things when I am there. I feel Sicilian (his father is from Catania) and I am very proud to wear the jersey of Palermo."

Mike Maguire
Burnley Hammer

Post by Burnley Hammer »

From the Guardian-series.co.uk
Liverpool and United to make shock move for Hammers defender?

ANTON Ferdinand is being lined up for a shock move to either Liverpool or Manchester United, according to reports this morning.

West Ham have reportedly put the 23-year-old defender up for sale as they look to trim the wage bill at Upton Park.

And that has alerted two of the Premier League's 'big four' teams.

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez could make a move for Ferdinand after recently revealing his concern at the number of goals his team conceded from set pieces last season, while there is also the uncertainty at Anfield over the future of veteran Sami Hyypia.

Premier League champions United need a replacement for Spanish youngster Gerard Pique, who moved back to Barcelona earlier this week, and could be tempted to take Ferdinand to Old Trafford to link up with big brother, Rio.

Meanwhile, Spurs are also showing an interest in the former England U21 international - they had a bid knocked back by the Hammers in the past - although the north Londoners look more intent on snapping up Manchester City's Richard Dunne.
advertisement

Ferdinand is the longest serving member of the Hammers squad, having made 163 appearances since making his debut in 2002.

But, with six senior centre-halves on the books and the emergence of promising youngster James Tomkins towards the end of last term, Irons boss Alan Curbishley may just feel that Ferdinand's time in east London has run its course.

It would take in the region of about £5 million to prise him away from Upton Park.

8:28am today
Not good enough for us, but good enough for ManU and Liverpool?
cockney farmer

Post by cockney farmer »

Hammers defender set for £6m move
SPURS CLOSE ON ANTON
By ANDY DUNN

ANTON FERDINAND is set for a £6million move to Spurs.

The West Ham defender has been on Tottenham's hit-list for a couple of seasons and Juande Ramos will try and tie up a deal over the next couple of weeks after seeing Richard Dunne slip through the net.

Ferdinand, 23, has been at Upton Park for six years and the Hammers turned down a £4m offer from Spurs a couple of seasons ago.

But boss Alan Curbishley needs to cut the extravagant wage bill and he has plenty of options in the central defensive area.

And Curbs is likely to see £6m as good value for Ferdinand, who has not quite lived up to expectations in the last couple of years.

Spurs had been on course to sign Manchester City skipper Dunne, but he is now joining Portsmouth.

But they have always had Ferdinand high on their agenda-and that did not change when Ramos took over from Martin Jol.

And now, the Spaniard will tell Spurs officials to make the deal happen.
Bishops Finger

Post by Bishops Finger »

Today's Sunday Mirror

QPR eye Harewood
By Julian Bennetts 1/06/2008

Aston Villa striker Marlon Harewood is being targeted by ambitious Championship club QPR.

The "world's richest club" want to pair the 28-year-old with West Ham's Bobby Zamora - and aim to complete a Premier League hat-trick with a swoop for Tottenham's Anthony Gardner.

QPR, financed by megarich owners Flavio Briatore, Bernie Ecclestone and Lakshmi Mittal, are encouraged by reports the trio are unsettled at their current clubs.

Harewood made just one league start last term after his £4million move from West Ham.
Cockney Rebel
Location: Isle of Dogs... with Manhattan in the background...

Post by Cockney Rebel »

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/ ... -West-Ham/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Paris Saint Germain defender Sammy Traore has opened the door to a move to West Ham by admitting he would join the Upton Park club without hesitation.

Traore has returned to PSG after a year-long loan spell at Auxerre, but the Ghanaian revealed he would love a move to England.

Under the guidance of Paul Le Guen Traore has found his opportunities limited with France’s capital club, but he is prepared to stay and fight for a place.

However, Traore admits if an offer arrived from Alan Curbishley, he would not have to think very hard about joining West Ham.

“England is a championship which attracts me and which attracts many people.” Traore told football365.fr.

“To leave for England would be a good thing.

“Now, I did not say that I was going to sign for a club like Arsenal, Manchester United or a club like that.

“There are good English clubs where you can open out. A club like West Ham is a very good club.

“If a club like that calls me, I would sign straight away.”

However, the defender insists he will not push for the move and he will give everything for PSG if no offer arrives.

“I will study the proposals as well as possible but if nothing interests me, there remains a year's contract in Paris.

“If I must begin the season on the bench, it is not a concern. It is like everywhere: competition exists in all the clubs. I never said that I hold the power."
davids cross
Uncle David

Post by davids cross »

Three teams in for £4m Kightly
by Adam Marshall, 01 June 2008

Grays Athletic owner-manager Mick Woodward has revealed that Everton, West Ham and Blackburn Rovers all want Wolves starlet Michael Kightly.

The Grays supremo has a vested interest in the 22-year-old's position as the Blue Square Premier club are due a major windfall as part of a sell-on clause in his £25,000 switch to Molineux.

Although he only signed a four-year deal with Wolves last June, his elevation to England Under-21 duty has led to a £4 million offer being tabled, according to Woodward.

"I think you'll see Michael Kightly move very shortly," he told The Non-League Paper.

"I know Everton, West Ham and Blackburn have come in for him and a club has put a £4 million bid in already.

"People will see who they can get rid of first. West Ham are going to have a good clear-out because they've got too many 'Big-Time Charlies' and they want players who are hungry.

"Kightly fits that bill perfectly."

As well as the Wolves winger, Grays have a sell-on clause on Peterborough's Aaron McLean, who could also be on the move this summer.
Damn Yankee

Post by Damn Yankee »

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 09,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Newcastle and West Ham linked with striker

Alvaro Negredo's future will be decided next week, after reports suggested two Premier League club's had launched bids to land him.

The striker left Real Madrid last summer and joined Almeria, and he shone with 13 goals in La Liga and helped the minnows retain their top-flight status.

However, Real inserted a buy-back clause in the deal and they will now take the player back for 4 million euros (£3.1million) before selling him on - with reports claiming he could go for up to 12 million euros (£9.4million).

It is claimed in Spain that two English sides have made bids for the exciting 22-year-old, with some sources suggesting the two clubs as Newcastle and West Ham.

Tottenham have also been credited with an interest after they scouted him late last year.

Meeting

Now Negredo's agent Junma Lopez says he will meet with Real next week to talk over his future.

"We still have not had any news from Real and I will attend a meeting next week to clear the subject," he said.

"If Real does not accept a deal then he will remain with Almeria."
davids cross
Uncle David

Post by davids cross »

Wolves: Kightly claims pie in the sky
by Chris Stanton, 02 June 2008
Have your say Read comments

Wolves: Kightly claims pie in the sky

Wolverhampton Wanderers have reacted with surprise to comments made by Michael Kightly’s former manager Mick Woodward that the midfielder is a target for three Premier League sides.

According to Woodward, Everton, West Ham and Blackburn are all keen on the 22-year-old and one interested party has even bid £4 million for the player

Woodward, the owner/manager of Blue Square Premier side Grays, has a vested interest in Kightly’s future, with his former club eligible for a cut of the fee should Wolves sell on a player they bought for just £25,000 in January of last year.

Wolves chief executive Jez Moxey denied Woodward’s claims, stating categorically that his club have received not even an enquiry for Kightly.

“I was very surprised by Mick Woodward’s comments,” said Moxey.

“We’ve received no enquiries or bids for Michael Kightly.

“Our chairman, Steve Morgan, went on the record at the end of April with a clear and unequivocal message - ‘Our best young players are not for sale’.

“We’ve got an exciting young team at Molineux and we are building something special, and Michael wants to be a part of that.

“We will not allow this kind of rumour and speculation."
kennyskills
Has liked: 1 like

Post by kennyskills »

Hammers heading a queue of clubs keen on signing Cisse

Djibril Cisse scored 13 goals in 49 appearances for Liverpool (c)
WEST Ham are rumoured to be heading a clutch of clubs keen to bring Marseille striker Djibril Cisse back to the Premier League.

The former Liverpool hitman - whose stint in England's top flight between 2004 and 2007 was ravaged by injury - has an agreement with his club which can see him leave Stade Velodrome for a fee of around £8 million.

That has alerted a host of clubs, including Newcastle, Blackburn and Manchester City, to his availability.

But the Hammers see the 26-year-old Frenchman as the ideal player to lead the line next season and are in pole position in the race for his signature.

Cisse - who has recovered from two career-threatening leg breaks - has endured mixed fortunes since returning to France.

Despite hitting the net 16 times last season, he was still booed by his own supporters and was cut from the France squad for Euro 2008
davids cross
Uncle David

Post by davids cross »

Nobbled – Midfielder Solano on way out
By Rob Pritchard
Comment

WEST Ham will release Peruvian playmaker Nobby Solano at the end of his contract this month.

The 33-year-old, who arrived on a short-term deal from Newcastle United last August, will not be offered a new deal and will leave Upton Park this summer.

Solano, who has also played for Aston Villa during a 10-year stay in England, made 23 appearances for the Hammers, scoring four times.
advertisement

The Callao-born midfielder signed off with a fine free-kick in what turned out to be his final game for the club, ironically against former club Villa, on the last day of the season.

While Peru captain Solano, who played in his country's 2-1 defeat to Spain in Madrid on Saturday, will leave, newly-capped England striker Dean Ashton is expected to sign long-term deal with the Irons this week.

Ashton's representatives have held two rounds of talks with chief executive Scott Duxbury and club officials and hope to complete a deal once the 24-year-old has returned from international duty in Trinidad and Tobago, where he made his debut on Sunday.
davids cross
Uncle David

Post by davids cross »

Worrying Comments from Kightly
By wolvescentral - 03/06/2008 00:12

Michael Kightly set the rumour mill going again after he said "There are a few things we are not happy about" on relation to his NEW contract. This will alert Blackburn Rovers, West Ham , Everton and Middlesbrough who have all been linked to a possible move for Kightly

Speaking in the E&S today Kightly said "My agent is going to have a meeting with Jez in a couple of weeks. There are a few things we are not happy about. Hopefully, after that meeting, they can be sorted."

Which reading between the lines means 'my agent thinks that the contract I signed last year is not good enough anymore'. What Kightly should be saying is ' Thanks to Wolves I am no longer a non league footballer, I am an u21 international as well. OH and thanks Wolves for paying my wages all last season when I was injured' !!

On Monday some non league chairman from Grays athletic said "I Know Everton, West Ham and Blackburn have come in for him. A club has put a £4million bid in already. People will see who they can get rid of first. West Ham are going to have a good clear out because they've got too many 'Big-Time Charlies.' They want players who are hungry. Kightly fits that bill perfectly."

There speaks the man licking his lips at the possibility of a big sell on payment

Lord Moxey countered on the official site "I was very surprised by Mick's comments. We have received no enquiries or bids for Michael. Our chairman Steve Morgan went on the record at the end of April with a clear and unequivocal message: Our best young players are not for sale. We have got an exciting young team here and we are building something special. Michael wants to be a of that. We will not allow this kind of rumour and speculation to disrupt our plans."

These are worrying times for Wolves fans as the Vultures from the Premiership are circling trying to nick the crown jewels in Wolves crown. There has already been intense speculation about Wayne Hennessey. As a poster said on the E&S comment board if Wolves sell Hennessey and Kightly they might as well put up signs on the turnstiles saying "NO Ambition". Hopefully Wolves will remain strong and repel all offers but I suppose every player has his price
Bishops Finger

Post by Bishops Finger »

03/06/2008 20:53 GOAL.COM

Newcastle Eye Ashton Bid

Newcastle United are sounding out West Ham over a potential bid for England international striker Dean Ashton.
The 24-year-old made his England debut against Trinidad and Tobago on Saturday night, but is reportedly unsettled at Upton Park despite having two years left to run on his contract with the East London side.

The former Crewe striker admitted that he was disappointied with his personal performance during England's 3-0 win, but is keen to move to a bigger club in order to increase his chances of regular England caps.

Ashton is also reportedly disgruntled that Freddy Ljungberg, amongst others, is earning a substantially higher wage than he is, even though the ex-Arsenal ace netted just twice for Alan Curbishley’s side last season and any contract agreement with the player looks along way off.

But the Hammers are still keen to keep Ashton, who finished as their top scorer with 11 goals last term, despite missing much of the season through injury.

The powerful forward burst on to the top-level scene after signing with Norwich in 2005, but his run of seven goals in the last third of the season wasn’t enough to prevent the Canaries being relegated from the Premiership.

And after City failed to regain their place in the top flight the following season, despite his 17 strikes in the Championship, Ashton’s days in East Anglia were numbered, with the Hammers signing the player for £7.25m.

Newcastle boss Kevin Keegan has been alerted to the situation at Upton Park, and a reported West Ham insider has told the Newcastle Evening Chronicle about the club's interest.

"We know that Newcastle are interested in signing Dean and Alan Curbishley is aware of this," said the source.

"There have already been a couple of rounds of contract talks with Dean before he went on international duty with England, but nothing is decided.

"We think that deep down Dean might want to stay but, like any player, he wants to have a contract that reflects his performances."

If Ashton does does indeed quit the Hammers, he could cost up to £11 million, which would be a substantial percentage of Keegan's summer transfer budget.

And the chances of securing the England man on the cheap is unlikely due to Norwich having a 15% sell-on clause for the striker, meaning that West Ham will be looking to maximise any transfer fee recieved in order generate enough funds to buy a replacement.

Newcastle are already well-equipped with strikers such as Michael Owen, Obafemi Martins, Mark Viduka and Alan Smith already at St. James' Park, and many fans may feel that Keegan should be looking to strengthen other weaker areas of the team, despite the abilities of Ashton.

Chris Myson, Goal.com