Kia, Sheff Utd, Duxbury, McCabe and arbitration

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Home Counties East

Post by Home Counties East »

Maybe Joorabchian did nothing wrong. But certainly somebody did. basically here was only him and Brown involved ......
american 'ammer

Post by american 'ammer »

Well now that he's got an in at Man U...

We've finally found someone who is actually MORE soulless than the Glazers! :lol:
WHID to deserve this?

Post by WHID to deserve this? »

If Kia wanted the deal done in a transparent way with Brown then he should have said so surley? Brown was not the only one with a legal team was he? He is all hot air I am afraid.... going on about the players being his, West ham having nothing to do with the decision to sell Tevez and then all of sudden stumping up 2 mill. Be quiet you silly little fool....its getting a little dull.
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by carnage »

WHID to deserve this? wrote:If Kia wanted the deal done in a transparent way with Brown then he should have said so surley? Brown was not the only one with a legal team was he? He is all hot air I am afraid.... going on about the players being his, West ham having nothing to do with the decision to sell Tevez and then all of sudden stumping up 2 mill. Be quiet you silly little fool....its getting a little dull.
Kia didnt break any premier League rules.
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2488 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

carnage wrote:
Kia didnt break any premier League rules.
Possibly. He hasn't been charged with breaking any PL rules which isn't the same thing. A rhetorical question as I'm assuming none of us knows the answer but --- Who asked for the clause to be inserted in the contract that West Ham were done for?
WHID to deserve this?

Post by WHID to deserve this? »

So if he was in the right way pay West Ham a fee? Surely there was a need to prove the point in open court?
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by carnage »

Hampshire Hammer wrote: Possibly. He hasn't been charged with breaking any PL rules which isn't the same thing. A rhetorical question as I'm assuming none of us knows the answer but --- Who asked for the clause to be inserted in the contract that West Ham were done for?
He did. But importantly HE didnt break any rules. Aldridge, Brown, and Duxbury( why is he still here? :shock: ) did.
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

Love to this **** buy some muggy club like Bolton and do them in
joyful

Post by joyful »

He did. But importantly HE didnt break any rules. Aldridge, Brown, and Duxbury( why is he still here? ) did.

Exactly, why Duxbury is still here is a mystery. My theory is that the fact Eggy and the PL believed his "I just didn't think it was important" explanation means that the man is clearly a talented lawyer, making the most unbelievable things believable, and so will prove an asset to the club.
tonbridge iron

Post by tonbridge iron »

Nice post Royston.

Well thought out and well put(your either in the journo buisiness,or lifted this piece from elsewhere)

Carlos tevez made the last 2 months of last season a unbelievable adventure.
With his help we attained the impossible,but like so much in life we reach crossroads and have to choose the path we go down.

Thank you Kia for the experience,but NO thanks to any more help.

p.s Royston...how about doing a few pieces for OLAS.
It would be nice to get a well balanced read from this once well regarded fanzine.
Royston: Republic d'Essex
Shaun Ryder changed my life
Location: Being told off: right in front of all the bell boys & the over-friendly concierge.
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by Royston: Republic d'Essex »

tonbridge iron wrote:Nice post Royston.

Well thought out and well put(your either in the journo buisiness,or lifted this piece from elsewhere)
Neither - just an under-motivated employee of a very big company that doesn't (hopefully) realise how much of their time I spunk trawling through the web for West Ham news. Information on BG is readily available on the web.
tonbridge iron wrote:p.s Royston...how about doing a few pieces for OLAS.
It would be nice to get a well balanced read from this once well regarded fanzine.
OLAS? I used to buy it every match and kind of know what you mean. In the last four years I've bought it maybe three or four times. I don't think it's got any worse but it hasn't really developed much either. Mr Firmager has pulled off some outstanding coups in terms of interviews (the two-part Roeder special was top reading) but by and large I just don't see the relevance of it now the web is so easily accessible. I mean, if something's buzzing around WHU then by and large you'll find out the same day from the internet or e-mail.
Devils Advocate
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Devils Advocate »

Hampshire Hammer wrote: Possibly. He hasn't been charged with breaking any PL rules which isn't the same thing.
Well he can't break any PL rules or be charged for breaking them for the simple reason that he isn't a member of the PL. Doesn't mean that he wasn't complicit in the transfer deals which broke the rules - of course he was. If he wasn't aware that the deals were dodgy, then all I can say is ignorance is no excuse. More likely that he knew they were dodgy, but thought that he was soon going to be running the club so would be able to keep the suspect contract clauses well hidden.
Larry
The end of the world is nigh

Post by Larry »

oh FFS - Will they never let this rest you just know that now Kia has had his say Mcabe, is goung to start mouthing off again..
Rapidhammer

Can we consider the Carlos Tévez-saga to be finished?

Post by Rapidhammer »

Two months ago it was reported that West Ham were set for yet more court action as Sheffield Utd had announced that they were going to sue West Ham for 50mill in compensation for their relegation before an arbitration panel set up by the FA.

Link.

Has anybody got information about legal proceedings going on or can we consider the Carlos Tevez-saga to be finished?
Medoc
Location: On the phone trying to get a ticket (can't afford a season ticket).
Has liked: 4 likes

Post by Medoc »

Really good question. You will not find any information, anywhere, to answer it though.

Somebody must know the answer, it would be nice if us fans were brought in on it, after all we sweated blood during the summer not knowing where we might be watching football.

:eh:
Maroonmachine

Post by Maroonmachine »

My view is that as far as we the fans are concerned, yes it's over and done with. I really can't see anything being done as far as points deduction at the start of next season or anything like that (touches wood!). I reckon the worst that could happen is that we get some sort of further fine through the Civil courts as compensation, but TBH I can't see that happening either.
Sheffield who?
old fart
Has liked: 140 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by old fart »

the answer is in the detail;

(a) The parties shall preserve and respect the confidentiality of the arbitration proceedings, including the issues in the dispute and the evidence and arguments presented by the parties.
(b) Except with the prior written agreement of the parties to the arbitration, no disclosure shall be made to any third party of the existence of the proceedings, the contents of any documents or other evidence produced in the arbitration or any procedural decision of the Tribunal or its Award, or any part of them save and to the extent that disclosure may be required of a party by legal duty, to protect or pursue a legal right or to enforce an award.
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 675 likes
Total likes: 1328 likes

Post by davids cross »

:think: I'm considering it.
billybondsballbag
MILF lover
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by billybondsballbag »

I think they've got bigger problems to worry about.

Ouch!

:D
raveydaveygravey

Post by raveydaveygravey »

it was until you posted a thread about it