Kia, Sheff Utd, Duxbury, McCabe and arbitration

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

pbenjy
Has liked: 20 likes
Total likes: 52 likes

Re: Kia, Sh*ff Utd, Duxbury, McCabe and arbitration

Post by pbenjy »

Season ticket refunds?

I hear rumours people are asking/getting these on the basis of the Kyles going.

I am assuming this is rubbish as I can't see the club even entertaining it - anyone heard different?

After 30 years of sometimes ridiculously loyal support and personal sacrifices, I won't be renewing next season if we sell both Kyles.

I'm not sue why but these possible sales hurt me more than any of the other massive let downs over the years, maybe cos I really belived we had changed and having chatted with McCabe a few times I believed in him.

Anyway,if refunds are going round I'll take one.
Interesting that despite receiving a payout from us they are still selling their best players. This speaks volumes about how much the 'Tevez Affair' was to do with 'fairness in football' and how much it was to do with McCabe's bank balance.
Gweddy

Post by Gweddy »

or it could be that the payout is in fact minimal, the figures being leaked to the press are all part of the deal, mccabe keeps face and west ham have to pay a relatively token amount.
munichhammer
Has liked: 18 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by munichhammer »

We will have to wait until August to see what is quoted in the accounts.
Chippenhammer
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Chippenhammer »

I have just been reading the comments on the Sheff Utd Mad site. We have taken over the debate on there but it has turned into a north V south debate. I just hope that we can move on now. Some people are suggesting that we don't make payment to them now but that would keep the whole **** running with more legal action. I think that Dux has been villified for too long about the oral cuddles scenario. If as likely he said "He's still yours to sell" then indeed he was telling the truth. We were fined for not removing a third party exclusion. I look forward to seeing what will happen with Preston who failed to get the chance of a play off final match against Burnley becuase of a great display from Kenny who was on some performance enhancing substance (albeit allegedly in a cough mixture). But perhaps they have more class than Sheff Utd.
old fart
Has liked: 136 likes
Total likes: 356 likes

Post by old fart »

munichhammer wrote:We will have to wait until August to see what is quoted in the accounts.

you'll have to wait until December!! the accounts due in August will be to May 2008, May 2009s accounts which will include any settlent to SUFC won't be due until December
Torquemada

Post by Torquemada »

So where are those self-righteous blades that posted on this thread earlier telling us how guilty we were?
Particularly that one I accused of having a tabloid brain. If you're lurking and too embarrassed to show up probably reading this with a red face........I was right after all.
And if you can sleep at night knowing you've extorted money out of an innocent party then you're worse than all the things I called you earlier.
Billbanksy

Post by Billbanksy »

sussexhammer74 wrote:Will the club make an official announcement regarding the latest ruling?

Be interesting to hear if they have anything to say? Also those northern vultures have been very quiet as well.

With regard to the accounts, could our accountants not have waited until this announcement before signing off our accounts?
It says on the lead page article that there is more reaction to follow sussex...

I know a bit about accounts but only a bit. There are legally required due dates for a PLC to file accounts by. We didn't file them by using a ruse of changing our accounting year end by 1 day from the 31st May 2008 to 30 May which permits a 3 month delay in filing! Only we have now done it 3 times and it seems from what SD says that was done because we would have had to go into administration.

Eggy's £40m spending spree was supposed to be a gift from BG was lumped onto our books as loans. The auditors knew that we had lost a legal battle and had a £40m - £50m claim from SU that we could have been ordered to pay so they wanted to include that sum in the accounts as well. Result whopping great losses and a bankrupt owner. One result was possible - Administration!

SD's bending of the rules saved our bacon and gave us time to get money in.
I am Legend
Has liked: 1550 likes
Total likes: 1622 likes

Post by I am Legend »

well if that is true, good job Satan :thup:

..i mean Duxbury :arry: