Kia, Sheff Utd, Duxbury, McCabe and arbitration

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Larry
The end of the world is nigh

Post by Larry »

"in the case of Carlos Tevez for virtually
the whole of season 2006/2007) gave that club a major unfair advantage and left
the others - who played within the rules -"

an unfair advantage FFS - when Tevez showed up we went on to lose 12 out of our next 15 games failing to score in nearly every game but that wa*ker Mcabe very conveniently over looks that.
ereford ammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by ereford ammer »

Jayluck wrote:If you read the whole thing, it is an excuse for how their figures won't be as good in the 2007/08 season. And it's all our fault.

Watch out for the statment next year.

****ers.

:lol:
Oh would I laugh if the blunts blamed the hammers for being relegated from the fizzy pop league
MK Hammer 3

Post by MK Hammer 3 »

dodger wrote: I agree. In the summer when it looked like we could still be in sh*t everything that the two-bob club came out with left me seething...but now, with them screwing up in the Championship and us cruising in the clear in the Premier League, it's just funny to hear their bitterness.
Couldn't agree more Dodger!

btw, what has happened with all this? It was supposed to be sorted weeks/months ago :? :?
billybondsballbag
MILF lover
Has liked: 39 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by billybondsballbag »

Hey, leave them alone - they got a valuable point in their derby with Hull City today, and that might be vital in keeping them up. :lol:
Cake

Post by Cake »

I remember around the time of the "Tevez Affair" that a lot of supposed "ITK" where saying how we were going to launch legal proceedings of our own, given the constant **** spouting from Sheffield United. Is this likely to happen?
Hammer110

Post by Hammer110 »

ereford ammer wrote: Oh would I laugh if the blunts blamed the hammers for being relegated from the fizzy pop league
But they will if they hadn't been relegated to the fizzy pop then they couldn't be relegated from it.
MadMart
Location: "overhead a rainbow appears..... in Black and White"
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by MadMart »

SL wrote:I agree with them.

The PL should have paid back the £5.5m fine and simply deducted us 1 point.

It was the first time this offence had ever occured so no precedent had ever been set for the amount of point deduction.

1 point would have been sufficient punishment imo.
Oh, you are naughty .... but I like You ...
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rocketron »

MadMart wrote: Oh, you are naughty .... but I like You ...
Dick Emery, comedy leg end.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

FIFA to clamp down on third-party deals

Post by cockney hammer »

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/ ... 32,00.html

FIFA to clamp down on third-party deals

FIFA have brought in new rules to crack down on third-party ownership of players following the Carlos Tevez controversy.

The world governing body have adopted virtually the same rule as the Premier League regulation that was breached by West Ham when they signed the Argentina striker.

West Ham's agreement with Tevez's representative Kia Joorabchian handed over legal control of his registration during transfer windows, in contravention of the Premier League's rules.

The new FIFA regulation states: "No club shall enter into a contract which enables any other party to that contract, or any third party to acquire the ability to influence in employment and transfer-related matters its independence, its policies or the performance of its teams.

"The FIFA disciplinary committee may impose disciplinary measures on clubs that do not observe the obligations set out in this article."

Tevez joined West Ham from Brazilian side Corinthians, who have since become embroiled in an investigation by Brazilian police.

FIFA president Sepp Blatter said: "Identification of ownership of this club and the transfer of money going from there to England is a matter which has already been dealt with partially.

"We have been presented with a new approach about how to try to solve this problem and it will be ratified to come into force at the end of the year."
FloridaHammer

Post by FloridaHammer »

Good job too. What a mess. I hope we never have to hear about that kind of thing again.
EPSONHAMMER

Post by EPSONHAMMER »

I'm not impressed.. they've taken far too long to sort this out.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

I hate third party contracts and its exactly whats wrong with the game. I would be well ****ed off if we were ever involved in any third party deals.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2634 likes

Post by sendô »

Does that mean Manure will be taken to tribunal?
chalky

Post by chalky »

sendô wrote:Does that mean Manure will be taken to tribunal?
¿Que
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 707 likes

Post by carnage »

THE GIBBINS wrote:I hate third party contracts and its exactly whats wrong with the game. I would be well f*cked off if we were ever involved in any third party deals.
Like a loan you mean?
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Sheff Utd fight for compensation

Post by cockney hammer »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 083882.stm

Sheff Utd fight for compensation
West Ham striker Carlos Tevez is at the centre of the controversy
Tevez is at the centre of the on-going Sheffield United-West Ham saga
Sheffield United say their case for compensation following relegation from the Premier League will be heard by a Football Association tribunal.

In July the High Court refused United leave to appeal a Premier League arbitration panel's decision over the Carlos Tevez affair.

But chairman Kevin McCabe claims the club's fight for a financial settlement will go to a tribunal in 2008.

"A date has been set for next year," McCabe said on Wednesday.

The Blades maintain they were unfairly demoted from the top flight last season after West Ham were found guilty of breaching league regulations in the signing of Argentine Tevez and his compatriot Javier Mascherano.

Rather than being docked points by the three-man arbitration panel, the Hammers were fined £5.5m and went on to survive the drop on the final day, while United were relegated.

Having failed in their attempt to have the original punishment overturned, the Yorkshire outfit now want monetary recognition.

"We have regrettably gone beyond reinstatement so it's about financial compensation for having been relegated unjustly after another club, we purport, broke the rules.

"A date has been set for next year and respective clubs are now going through respective submission of claims.

"We are led by the availability of QCs and the panel, so it's more likely mid-2008 than early. It's frustrating but that's the way the law works."

On the subject of compensation McCabe has previously said: "If you say that the Championship play-off game is worth £60m and Sheffield United's attendance last year was 31,000, with full hospitality boxes and restaurants and broadcasting income, you would say compensation is around £50m."
Adi Cokers Boots

Post by Adi Cokers Boots »

Odious c*nt f*ck off.
Adi Cokers Boots

Post by Adi Cokers Boots »

McC*nt obv, not you ch :oops: :lol:
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Adi Cokers Boots wrote:McC*nt obv, not you ch :oops: :lol: