Kia, Sheff Utd, Duxbury, McCabe and arbitration

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Corney Beal

Re: Kia, Sh*ff Utd, Duxbury, McCabe and arbitration

Post by Corney Beal »

Sheffield Star; -Iain Hulme

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sportheadlines ... 5220931.jp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
neilbob

Post by neilbob »

Top lawyer Maurice Watkins is advising Barnsley on launching a legal case,
Wasn't/isn't he working for us? Very interesting if so...
Essexmaniac
Has liked: 124 likes
Total likes: 144 likes

Post by Essexmaniac »

Wasn't/isn't he working for us? Very interesting if so...[/quote]

yes, the very same Maurice Watkins of course.

Manchester United's top lawyer, associate of Duxbury.
Clearly advising Barnsley not to go down the route of 'One man could have made a difference to your season...'
WHID to deserve this?

Post by WHID to deserve this? »

There is one priceless comment on there from a Utd fan:

"I just can`t make up my mind on this one. True Barnsley needed a striker and they paid big money for Hume, but who`s to say he would have scored the goals?. He could have been another Odejayi in which case how does a club, or a court, put a valuation on the loss of his services?. On another level, can the player succeed in bringing a claim against another player when the FA decided to take no action?. And if Hume succeeds in an action against Morgan then I think we can expect to see insurance premiums go through the roof, and players running out in body armour. One thing I am sure about and this is directed at Spam and fowls fans who attempt to link Ian hume`s injury with the Tevez affair - forget it!. There is no comparison. What happens on the pitch, in the heat of a game involving a combative player who never ducks a challenge (and often comes off the worse without complaining), and the premeditated, calculated lying & deception perpetrated by the management of a certain London club are two very different things. As I say, I know where Hume & Barnsley are coming from but I`d find it difficult to pass judgment in a court of law."

Well in certain cases its fine to guess that one player was worth a few extra points eh when he did play - surely it works the other way round too? This person probably votes, breeds and drives a car - we are all doomed I tell ya!
Charle Hammer

Post by Charle Hammer »

WHID to deserve this? wrote:There is one priceless comment on there from a Utd fan:

"I just can`t make up my mind on this one. True Barnsley needed a striker and they paid big money for Hume, but who`s to say he would have scored the goals?. He could have been another Odejayi in which case how does a club, or a court, put a valuation on the loss of his services?.

:D :D :D
Larry
The end of the world is nigh

Post by Larry »

WHID to deserve this? wrote:There is one priceless comment on there from a Utd fan:

"I just can`t make up my mind on this one. True Barnsley needed a striker and they paid big money for Hume, but who`s to say he would have scored the goals?. He could have been another Odejayi in which case how does a club, or a court, put a valuation on the loss of his services?. On another level, can the player succeed in bringing a claim against another player when the FA decided to take no action?. And if Hume succeeds in an action against Morgan then I think we can expect to see insurance premiums go through the roof, and players running out in body armour. One thing I am sure about and this is directed at Spam and fowls fans who attempt to link Ian hume`s injury with the Tevez affair - forget it!. There is no comparison. What happens on the pitch, in the heat of a game involving a combative player who never ducks a challenge (and often comes off the worse without complaining), and the premeditated, calculated lying & deception perpetrated by the management of a certain London club are two very different things. As I say, I know where Hume & Barnsley are coming from but I`d find it difficult to pass judgment in a court of law."

Well in certain cases its fine to guess that one player was worth a few extra points eh when he did play - surely it works the other way round too? This person probably votes, breeds and drives a car - we are all doomed I tell ya!

I read quite a few of the posts on the Sheff Utd, footymad forum and their hypocracy is just staggering .
Kent Bubble Blower

Post by Kent Bubble Blower »

Larry wrote:I read quite a few of the posts on the Sh*ff Utd, footymad forum and their hypocracy is just staggering .
Always has been from the start!
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Zombie thread time, but what's happened to the tribunal that was being set up over the dreaded 'oral cuddles'?

Are we seriously headed for yet another season with this still hanging round our necks?
Big_Russ

Post by Big_Russ »

prophet:marginal wrote:Zombie thread time, but what's happened to the tribunal that was being set up over the dreaded 'oral cuddles'?

Are we seriously headed for yet another season with this still hanging round our necks?

You bitch Headbanger
ChicagoHammer

Post by ChicagoHammer »

I was wondering that the other day. I think it's been conveniently forgotten about.
Memorial Ground

Post by Memorial Ground »

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/NewsAndFeatu ... 70709.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Inquiry has concluded that, on the basis of the evidence available to them, there is no prima facie case that West Ham United and/or its officials did commit any further breaches of Premier League or FA rules immediately after the independent disciplinary commission’s decision.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

Does that mean we get our money back from Sheff Utd?
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

Can we start spending cash now - or at least sue the ****ing **** out of someone else?
Memorial Ground

Post by Memorial Ground »

It does nothing but fuel our frustration, I presume.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

:shock:

Does this re-open the can of worms marked 'compensation to the snivelling Northern wretches'?

Shirley!!

Who fancies a march on parliament after work?
Kent Bubble Blower

Post by Kent Bubble Blower »

dyers_leg wrote:Does that mean we get our money back from Sh*ff Utd?
****ing well should be able to! They're basically saying the Lord ****wit was talking out of his arse and we kept our agreement, exactly as we'd said!

c****!
Jackanakanory
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Jackanakanory »

So is that it all over now?

Can we get a refund?

Or does it all start over again
Toulouse_Iron
The boy's got form
Location: A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth can get its pants on
Has liked: 279 likes
Total likes: 349 likes

Post by Toulouse_Iron »

Take the ****ers to arbitration.
Billy Bonds love child

Post by Billy Bonds love child »

Not exactly a resounding exoneration, but at least I think it means that we can now draw a line under the whole sorry business. Kiss goodbye to the money folks, and just hope we get the fuc*ers in a cup game and stuff them thoroughly
Scaloni Is The Messiah

Post by Scaloni Is The Messiah »

What's the betting this gets next to no media attention?