West Ham sold

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

AlfieG
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 4 likes

Re: DIC for West Ham? Contact them (Link included).

Post by AlfieG »

ludo22 wrote: I prefer "I LOVE DIC!"
I prefer I want my club back! :wink:

This constant competition to have richer owners than the next club will just move the board further and further away from the traditions and history that some want to flog off to the highest bidder.

Some people know the price of everything and the value of nothing! :evil:

And before you all start with the footballs changed *****. I know that, but I don't have to like it or agree with it.

You (the fans) are just 'a brand' to this new mob coming in and it makes me feel sick. :thdn:
joyful

Post by joyful »

Bob, just posted one in the New Songs thread!

(Still not convinced, but getting there!)
Ironball

Post by Ironball »

This is the address for Amanda Staveley, who represented DIC in their negotiations with Liverpool. She also brokered the Abu Dhabi takeover of Man City and has worked in the past with the Qatari sovereign wealth fund:

Amanda Staveley
Senior Partner
PCP Capital Partners LLP
31 Hill Street
London W1J 5LS

If she receives a number of letters from people asking her to look at http://westhaminvestment.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; then it is not at all beyond the realm of possibility that she or one of her acolytes will click onto it.

So, I would encourage you to write a nice, polite short, professional looking letter to her to this effect. Cost to you: about three minutes, an envelope and a stamp. :crest:
Ironball

Post by Ironball »

AlfieG wrote:And before you all start with the footballs changed s***e. I know that, but I don't have to like it or agree with it.

You (the fans) are just 'a brand' to this new mob coming in and it makes me feel sick. :thdn:
My own nausea occurred more than twenty years ago when we sold Paul Allen to Spurs.

I am pleased to say that I am now fully recovered, and am hopeful that future West Ham youth products can be kept at the club.
AlfieG

Post by AlfieG »

Ironball wrote: My own nausea occurred more than twenty years ago when we sold Paul Allen to Sp*rs.

I am pleased to say that I am now fully recovered, and am hopeful that future West Ham youth products can be kept at the club.

I really hope that you are correct but I fear that development of our own English talent from a nipper to first team player will be lost when Tony Carr leaves. Why develop your own when you can let someone else do the hard work and then get the wad out to bring them in?
Ironball

Post by Ironball »

Combined total transfer fees for the academy products West Ham has generated over the last 10 years amount to more than £110 million.

I would expect any barely sentient sophisticated investor to realise that West Ham's catchment is a footballing talent goldmine. Yes, we would bring in talent, but yes we would develop it too.

I think you are right that when Tony Carr goes, things could dry up a bit.

A gazillionaire investor ought to realise that it would be more than economic to invest even £50 million creating a youth development program light years ahead of anything Tony Carr managed. That £110 million in combined fees for Rio, FLJ, Joe Cole etc - you could probably double that at today's prices. I am not suggesting that an investor develop players to sell them, I am suggesting that this is the kind of money they would eventually save by not having to source players externally.
goggles

Post by goggles »

Can i just ask. What Billionaires have you tried sending this to?
Ironball

Post by Ironball »

goggles wrote:Can i just ask. What Billionaires have you tried sending this to?
This is the address for Amanda Staveley, who represented DIC in their negotiations with Liverpool. She also brokered the Abu Dhabi takeover of Man City and has worked in the past with the Qatari sovereign wealth fund:

Amanda Staveley
Senior Partner
PCP Capital Partners LLP
31 Hill Street
London W1J 5LS

If she receives a number of letters from people asking her to look at http://westhaminvestment.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; then it is not at all beyond the realm of possibility that she or one of her acolytes will click onto it.

So, I would encourage you to write a nice, polite short, professional looking letter to her to this effect. Cost to you: about three minutes, an envelope and a stamp.

My letter has been posted. :thup:

I am hoping also that the poster who is acquainted with Anil Ambani's son will refer the weblink to him.
AlfieG

Post by AlfieG »

Ironball wrote:Combined total transfer fees for the academy products West Ham has generated over the last 10 years amount to more than £110 million.

I would expect any barely sentient sophisticated investor to realise that West Ham's catchment is a footballing talent goldmine. Yes, we would bring in talent, but yes we would develop it too.

I think you are right that when Tony Carr goes, things could dry up a bit.

A gazillionaire investor ought to realise that it would be more than economic to invest even £50 million creating a youth development program light years ahead of anything Tony Carr managed. That £110 million in combined fees for Rio, FLJ, Joe Cole etc - you could probably double that at today's prices. I am not suggesting that an investor develop players to sell them, I am suggesting that this is the kind of money they would eventually save by not having to source players externally.
What very rich investors do know about is risk and how to make their money work for them now. Do you really think that they will want to develop young players at WHU when they may well bail out at any time? :think:

I suspect they will say that Its far easier to go out and buy the latest flavour of the month..... Its also less risky.

Anyway, good luck with trying to sell the club for BG.... What does he think about this initiative by the way?
Ironball

Post by Ironball »

AlfieG wrote:Anyway, good luck with trying to sell the club for BG.... What does he think about this initiative by the way?
If he has any sense he'll accept that he does not have the resources to unlock West Ham's full potential or to address the potential decimation of his asset's value as new investors come in and re-engineer the league. He would need to commit £250-500 million minimum for that. He should be grateful that I am trying to drum up some deep-pocketed people to make him a tidy profit!
Heysel76
Has liked: 213 likes
Total likes: 105 likes

Post by Heysel76 »

Ironball, wouldn't you be better posting this to the newsdesk of every newspaper you can think of.
No doubt many will plaguerise it, but that would be positive wouldn't it?
Ironball

Post by Ironball »

Heysel76 wrote:Ironball, wouldn't you be better posting this to the newsdesk of every newspaper you can think of.
No doubt many will plaguerise it, but that would be positive wouldn't it?
That's a good idea. Perfectly happy to be plagiarised on this topic. Happy for people to forward the link to newsdesks.

I am sure there are people who read and/or post on this website who will know far better than me the best people to target on each newspaper.

Anyone care to do some forwarding of the link http://westhaminvestment.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and/or to post here who to contact?

Nb the one particular reason I can think for targeting potential buyers directly rather than contacting news outlets is that I am quite keen to see West Ham mobilise on the Olympic Stadium without Spurs having had too much time to concentrate their minds on the big picture.
D&G

Post by D&G »

mokum hammer wrote:1st XL on the shirts & now dic?
Bring on Jiffy condoms.....................
:lol:
hammer1975
Has liked: 933 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

bubbles1966 wrote: I admire your enthusiasm but even I, virulent Spud hater that I am, can see that T*ttenham and Arsenal are much better investments than West Ham.....

West Ham's "bargain value" is entirely dependent on getting a 50/60k stadium on the cheap....otherwise the club has a lower income than our competitors, a collapsing sponsorship deal, poorer facilities, empty seats at its stadium, an untested manager, lower value playing staff, and is running a loss........(most of these circumstances created by the current board). It has precious little history of success and seems pathologically intent on ballsing up at every given opportunity and paying millions in compensation to former owners/employees and associates...........

The West Ham that Brown sold was a much better investment opportunity than the one that currently exists......
Bubbles, spot on the money again.

To be honest I don't care if DIC or ABC buy us just want rid of the the current board. Negligent at best, totally incompetent at worst so far. problem is that their whole incompetency seems to extend to them believing that the club is worth more than they brought it for and a total lack of acceptance of any culpability for the financial mess we are in and I think this will prevent anyone from paying the price demanded...unfortunately

BG out
Robbie
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Robbie »

So this is what it comes to. Good luck Ironball, but I feel that it is a crying shame that football has now been reduced to whoring ourselves out.
I know I will get stick for this, but it is how I feel. Would I be a hypocrite if I celebrated a league cup win or an FA cup with a side that was bought by an Arabian with a bottomless pit?
Yes I would, and this is why (although we will always love the club) supporters are starting to distance themselves more and more from the abomination that football is becoming.
It makes me sad. It is getting so shallow.
Sorry! :cry:
Ironball

Post by Ironball »

Robbie - I could not care less who is paying the bills. I just want West Ham to survive and maybe even hold onto its young players in the present and imminent future climate.

Football has been going this way for a while. We can't perpetually weep for something that was fait accompli a long time ago. There is plenty of old school football to be supported in east London, and I can't agree with any West Ham fan who wants to see our club fade away into the nether reaches to join those clubs and so evade the evolution of top line football.

Be phlegmatic - accept the best of both worlds: hopefully east London will end up represented in each strata of the game - from the grassroots to the top level.
Jackanakanory
Has liked: 11 likes

Post by Jackanakanory »

Have a turned over two pages at once...or moved to the North East!!!

WTF is going on here...things are THAT bad...
Ironball

Post by Ironball »

It's not that bad - my life was not "ruined" by Curbishley's departure... :wink:

The difference between Newcastle and us is that there is not a once-in-a-century stadium/transport/profile opportunity coming up in the north-east which if Newcastle doesn't take it up may be taken up by a neighbour club of Newcastle's, creating the risk of irrevocable damage to Newcastle's prospects as a football club.

It's easy to snipe. You'll authorise yourself to be shocked, outraged and amazed if Spurs end up playing in Stratford, but maybe it would be a better idea to be proactive about the risk before the possibility actually materialises.
Last edited by Ironball on Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robbie
Has liked: 68 likes

Post by Robbie »

Ironball. I wont pretend to agree with what is happening, or the unbelievable expectations to change football beyond recognition. But I do admire your strength in you're beliefs and nobody can knock that.
Good luck mate, but I am way behind motivationally.
Whatever happens, There will always be a West Ham. Of that I am sure.
Ironball

Post by Ironball »

No worries Robbie. Yes, there will always be a West Ham...

...and Spurs may be its local team :o
:thdn: