The big Mark Noble debate...

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

SenzaPaura

Re: The big Mark Noble debate...

Post by SenzaPaura »

Tel The Hammer wrote:
Agreed.

I was pleased to see Noble actually playing like a Premier League standard footballer yesterday.

He usually puts about 2-5 decent performances in each season lately, so let's hope he can maintain a steady run of form.

Our midfield looked much more like a unit yesterday with Noble finally pulling his weight. :thup:
Just out of curiosity, when are you thinking of starting the big Jack Collison debate? He has been well off form all season, carrying on from his poor form a the end of the last. Why can you find it in yourself to support Collison but not Noble?
Chrissieboy
Rates Garth Crooks
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by Chrissieboy »

Collison and Noble both played well against Chelsea and I look forward to them and Kovac giving Parker a bit more support for the rest of the season.
Tel The Hammer
Chesney Hawkes

Post by Tel The Hammer »

SenzaPaura wrote:Just out of curiosity, when are you thinking of starting the big Jack Collison debate? He has been well off form all season, carrying on from his poor form a the end of the last.
Collison hasn't been been on top form lately, but he's been a long way away from "off form" as you put it.

I mean, only recently...

Goals against Hull and Burnley.
Two assists at Sunderland.
An assist at Bolton.
Won us our penalty yesterday.

Absolutely shocking form if you ask me.

You also mention Collison's poor form at the end of last season. Have you managed to forget he had just come back from a very serious injury? Or would that make your slight against Collison look a bit silly?
derek zoolander

Post by derek zoolander »

Not forgetting that he's still pretty young and his dad died at the start of the season.

The fact he played in that Millwall game makes him a complete West Ham hero in my books.
Chavs
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 760 likes

Post by Chavs »

He was pretty **** on Sunday :thup:
beckton

Post by beckton »

I8CHAVS wrote:He was pretty w*** on Sunday :thup:

Collison?
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1887 likes
Total likes: 1599 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Erm......

Collison = *****
Behrami = *****
Parker = Decent
Noble = *****/Good
Kovacs = Very unlucky (***** ref call)
Chavs

Post by Chavs »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:Erm......

Collison = s***e
Behrami = s***e
Parker = Decent
Noble = s***e/Good
Kovacs = Very unlucky (s***e ref call)
I swear he didnt pass to a West Ham player in the first half :lol:
hongkonghammer

Post by hongkonghammer »

Goes without saying the Noble was poor first half but was much improved second half especially when he had to drop in to the Kovac screening role. Was much more careful with possession and made some good blocks in and around our box.
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

Parker aside he was probably our best midfielder, especially in the second half.
daniel

Post by daniel »

Fionn Kiely wrote:Parker aside he was probably our best midfielder, especially in the second half.

:lol: :lol:
Chavs

Post by Chavs »

Fionn Kiely wrote:Parker aside he was probably our best midfielder, especially in the second half.
Are you bumming him? He was ****.

In the first half if he wasnt passing to a Villa player he was running into them :?

He also wore green boots :thdn:
DrVenk
Has liked: 352 likes
Total likes: 464 likes

Post by DrVenk »

hongkonghammer wrote:Goes without saying the Noble was poor first half but was much improved second half especially when he had to drop in to the Kovac screening role. Was much more careful with possession and made some good blocks in and around our box.
...is the key issue. Noble is just not that effective in the final third. He's much better at keeping things ticking over in midfield.
double pie'n'mash luv

Post by double pie'n'mash luv »

Haha, yeah, that rest really helped Noble, did'nt it :shock:

He was gash. So he looked better when moved into the DM role, after Kovac went off. That does'nt say much for a supposed AM/CM player.
Watching us break with Noble on the ball was like watching the game go into slow motion. It was'nt until Diamanti came on that our breaks were actually that, fast moving and catching Villa players out. With Noble, you watch him take the ball sideways, by which time most Villa players were back in position.
Big_Russ

Post by Big_Russ »

He was terrible on Sunday. Collison wasn't much better. Seriously inconsistent the pair of them.

I can forgive Collison as he is still relatively inexperienced, but isnt't Noble our player with most appearances?

:think:
Wade

Post by Wade »

Noble looked well off the pace.
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

Thought Collison, Noble and Behrami were all poor yesterday. Parker did ok and Kovac is looking better.

Noble's lack of progression is becoming a bit of a concern. Don't think it helps that he seems to be pushed out wide though. We desperately need some wingers and then pick from Noble, Collison, Behram, Parker and Kovac for the 2 or 3 central midfield positions (depending on whether we go 4-4-2 or 4-3-3).
dapablo
Sourpuss, grumpy face

Post by dapablo »

What everyone plays rubbish and we gain a draw away, perhaps they should play rubbish every week then ?

A couple of errors each a game and nothing critical is perfectly usual and acceptable, if you keep looking for failure then that is all you will see.
double pie'n'mash luv

Post by double pie'n'mash luv »

dapablo wrote:What everyone plays rubbish and we gain a draw away, perhaps they should play rubbish every week then ?

A couple of errors each a game and nothing critical is perfectly usual and acceptable, if you keep looking for failure then that is all you will see.

I don't look for failure, i just see a gash player, playing gash, week in week out. He's had a rest(which many thought might be the problem), but still looks terrible against decent opposition. He's slow, his passing is bad and he can't dribble for toffee. A couple of times yesterday he tried to(slowly) take it round a player and just got robbed.
I'm getting a lot more positive about the team, but on that performance yesterday, i don't see Noble moving forward(more like sideways :lol: )
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

I'm not looking for faults, nor using this thread to pick on the player, as I have already aired my views prior to this.

His first half performance yesterday was amongst the poorest I've seen from a 1st team regular in the top flight in a long time.