The big Mark Noble debate...

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Chuck D
Rebel without a pause

Re: Flog Noble if the money's right...

Post by Chuck D »

The Sherriff wrote:
there was some other retard on his own who got actually got chucked out towards the end of the game. Appreciate this is off topic but felt it worth mentioning anyway.

saw him outside the ground pissing in broad daylight, then raised a clenched fist to some old Bolton supporter. to my horror he was sitting just the other side of the tunnel in the lower section (which was lacking atmosphere) and proceeded to make an arse of himself for the entire game. eventually (and deservedly) got chucked out but other west ham fans tried to prevent this. The little **** then turns round and starts applauding the fans upon his departure. complete f*** wit, sheriff snr was all for knocking him out as he was giving it the big un throughout and gobbing off to Bolton supporters who were just sitting there minding their own business.
Major cant drink like he used to.....
monkey

Post by monkey »

I reckon Noble's problem at the momnent is that he seems to be unsure of what his role is.
Behrami and Collison do similar stuff, protecting their full backs, working hard, coming in off the flanks and arriving late during break aways. Parker is the defensive midfielder who does, in my opinion, a great job in the middle. Noble I guess ostensibly is the more creative player, tasked with playing clever passes (e.g. the ball to Etherington at Fulham away), but I just don't think he's quite good enough for this role at the moment.
If you look at the Boro game, he was trying to be too clever, too often. I think he needs to get back to doing the simple, effective stuff and being more adventurous only at the right time.
Oh and for those who say he's good at set pieces, when was the last time we scored from one of his deliveries?
Hammer Laffers
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Hammer Laffers »

Tel.....I apologise....I am starting to see your ways of thinking
Midfield Dynamo

Post by Midfield Dynamo »

DOnt you lot get it , he is playing out of position which is why he isn't playing well. Headbanger
Tel The Hammer
Chesney Hawkes

Post by Tel The Hammer »

Midfield Dynamo wrote:DOnt you lot get it , he is playing out of position which is why he isn't playing well. Headbanger
:lol:
greedyready

Post by greedyready »

[quote="Shanghai Hammer"]I take people's point that he maybe doesn't stand out too much and only being supported because he is a West Ham boy, but the comments remind me of the same things that were said about Lampard before he left. If Noble left I wouldn't be surprised if he developed into an excellent player although I would prefer him to do that at West Ham.[/quote]

The difference here was Lampard used to get about 10 goals per season, even in his early days with us, whereas Noble hits the odd penalty and with some people on here, gets hyped up about as though he's the next big thing, which mark my words, he most certainly is not. He's piss poor.
greedyready

Post by greedyready »

[quote="Tel The Hammer"][quote="Midfield Dynamo"]DOnt you lot get it , he is playing out of position which is why he isn't playing well. Headbanger[/quote]

:lol:[/quote]

But Behrami, Collison and Parker all seem to be capable of short one twos and passing the ball between each other...Zola / West Ham's way. Noble seemingly cannot..maybe he is confused as to his exact role at present, but I personally do not think this is an excuse for being unable to:

1. Pass to team mate
2. Tackle
3. Track back
4. Pass the ball forwards quickly and intelligently.

If anyone who watches West Ham regularly will testify, Noble seems utterly incapable of achievibg these four basic things, regardless of what position he's supposed to be playing. Reckon / hope Zola drops him at the weekend.
Hammer Tom

Post by Hammer Tom »

I've been saying this for ages but Noble really is absolute ****. He has been totally ineffective and has not got a clue. The guys a ****ing idiot off the pitch and im seeing it on the pitch now.

I am fuming at that performance we have just put out
neilbob

Post by neilbob »

To be honest I don't think we should put the blame for tonight purely at Nobles door tonight. He's a decent player capable of playing a very decent game now and then - no need to slag him off for not being Ronaldo.
greedyready

Post by greedyready »

[quote="Hammer Tom"]I've been saying this for ages but Noble really is absolute sh*t. He has been totally ineffective and has not got a clue. The guys a f***ing idiot off the pitch and im seeing it on the pitch now.

I am fuming at that performance we have just put out[/quote]

In what ways off the pitch?
Hammer Tom

Post by Hammer Tom »

You can tell from his interviews that his an idiot and Teddy Sheringham said on soccer am he was the thickest player he has played with. It is now showing in his football whilst pissing me off not tracking back when losing ball. He also shows no creativity cant pass and tackle for ****.
Midfield Dynamo

Post by Midfield Dynamo »

Well when he plays in central midfield , look at the improvment :thup:
Tel The Hammer
Chesney Hawkes

Post by Tel The Hammer »

Hammer Tom wrote:You can tell from his interviews that his an idiot and Teddy Sheringham said on soccer am he was the thickest player he has played with.
No need to have a go at him personally mate. I mean I started this thread and I'd never dream of digging the boy out on a personal level...

He's never been in the papers for any wrong reasons or anything like that. So that's good enough for me.
Hammer81

Post by Hammer81 »

He's never gonna be a Zidane, but the boy is suffering a bit out there.

Needs to go back to basics and find out what he does well.
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

Hammer Tom wrote:You can tell from his interviews that his an idiot and Teddy Sheringham said on soccer am he was the thickest player he has played with. It is now showing in his football whilst pissing me off not tracking back when losing ball. He also shows no creativity cant pass and tackle for sh*t.
Leave it out fella. No need to dig the bloke out for not being a member of Mensa. Bad form.
thamesmeadhammer
Location: Walking in God's Grace, Sunny North Thamesmead, BML Row G 151

Post by thamesmeadhammer »

Said that he needs to given a role in the team.
But he has been subbed in the last 6 games ? I wouldn't be happy if I was fit and rearing to go.....
FDiMcA
teh
Location: Locked in a cellar, not sure where but I can smell hotdogs

Post by FDiMcA »

You can tell from his interviews that his an idiot and Teddy Sheringham said on soccer am he was the thickest player he has played with.
lets hope Teddy is right and he really is at least as thick as Gazza, Beckham, and Andy Cole.
Last edited by FDiMcA on Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
hammers of eltham

Post by hammers of eltham »

Shame, but I think he`ll be another Gary Alexander type and make a decent living at a lower level.
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

The bloke has always been a holding midfielder. Should be Parker's understudy.
Marky
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Marky »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:The bloke has always been a holding midfielder. Should be Parker's understudy.

Thats about the size of it. Remember if we flog him they will just replace him with a semi retired foreigner (ARe Albertini/ Conte still playing?!)