The big Mark Noble debate...

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Chavs
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 762 likes

Re: Flog Noble if the money's right...

Post by Chavs »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote: T'wat was he doing ??
Fronting 12 year old kids in the Bolton End was my favourite!!!! Shouting how Boltons ground shows their ambition!!!! Telling everyone Cole was useless!!! Generaly acting a cock in front of his young son. He tried to talk to me but i was blanked him for ages!
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

[quote="I8CHAVS"]

Fronting 12 year old kids in the Bolton End was my favourite!!!! Shouting how Boltons ground shows their ambition!!!! Telling everyone Cole was useless!!! Generaly acting a cock in front of his young son. He tried to talk to me but i was blanked him for ages![/quote]

I can picture it now " Talk to da hand " .. :lol:
Chavs
Total likes: 762 likes

Post by Chavs »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote: I can picture it now " Talk to da hand " .. :lol:
I just looked and shook my head at him!!
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

I8CHAVS wrote:
I just looked and shook my head at him!!
With a digusted look whilst muttering " You absolute C*ck " !! :thup:
Hambrosia Stu

Post by Hambrosia Stu »

Tel The Hammer wrote: For me Collison has put in better displays this season than Noble ever has done at Premier League level. Noble put some good shows in when he came into the side when we stayed up, but Collison has shown much more guile and technique this season than Noble ever has done infront of my eyes.

I know at this stage of proceedings who I'd rather keep.

Collison quite simply looks a much better midfielder than Noble to me.
'kin' 'ell Tel, FFS!

It really makes you wonder at times, this site. I'm not knocking Collison in anyway, but when he has proven himself to be a key cog in a midfield that saves us from relegation, or a key player in a side for an entire season, maybe that would be the time to compare. Or maybe when he's hit a dip in form, that would be the time to flog Collison to anyone with a couple of quid?

Like almost every other young player, Noble's growth tends to come in spurts. I admit he seems to have plateaued for a year or so, going back to his time out with injury. I'd say only now is he starting to show signs that he is back to peak fitness, and ready to push on again

The one player I would most compare Noble to is Leon Osman of Everton. Not the flashest player, not one that stands out, but a very good player, who has shown his worth in a side of more experienced, more expensive players. And one who every time I watch I feel has plenty more yet to come

As for what Noble brings to the side...I saw someone say he does everything okay, but nothing brilliantly. I'd say the one thing he does very well is pass the ball. Both from a dead ball situation and in open play, his delivery is at times excellent. Sure he isn't the quickest, but there's plenty enough talent there for me to want to keep him, and watch him develop

I just can't get my head around people actively wanting to get rid of a very good young player, with his best years ahead of him, who has already been an excellent servant to the club. I guess there's just no pleasing some people
smuts
Has liked: 1498 likes
Total likes: 1439 likes

Post by smuts »

I have never thought Noble was as great as some used to say....their adulation based on the fact that he's a "West Ham" boy....

However flog him? No way....he's only 21 and can still improve and blossom.

To be honest though....he might have to get used to the bench for a little while next year if Dyer gets fit...............not much chance of that though is there?
dapablo
Sourpuss, grumpy face

Post by dapablo »

I thought the transfer window was shut.
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

He's a decent player, nothing brilliant but not worth selling.

Think that just about covers it.
miles
This site...
Has liked: 303 likes
Total likes: 383 likes

Post by miles »

I shudder to think what the reaction would've been if Noble had given away the free kick that led to the first goal, instead of Collison. The selective amnesia on here is mildly amusing at times.
beckton

Post by beckton »

dapablo wrote:I thought the transfer window was shut.
It is unless your Arsenal. :lol:
Hammer Tom

Post by Hammer Tom »

I8CHAVS wrote:
Not just Noble though was it.....

Saying that there was a lot of muggy supporters up there on Saturday I was in the lower and the geezer in front of me was an absolute tool and embarrased himself and his young son by acting a twat.
Yeah most of them did walk off. There may of been more but at the time I was looking the only ones I saw applauding the support were Upson and Green, with Noble walking straight off to the tunnle. I would of expected more with him being a West Ham supporter and everything.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

Until he is 24-25, and has stagnated, then no money will be right. Give the boy a good chance FFS. If he stood out in a team 3 yrs ago, must show the ability of the team at that time.
RM6

Post by RM6 »

Mark Noble will play Preimer League football his whole career and probably get a couple of caps along the way.

He's a gifted player.

He does looked tired though.
huchammer91

Post by huchammer91 »

Hammer Tom wrote:
Yeah most of them did walk off. There may of been more but at the time I was looking the only ones I saw applauding the support were Upson and Green, with Noble walking straight off to the tunnle. I would of expected more with him being a West Ham supporter and everything.
I only saw Upson and Green making any effort to applaud the fans a couple of others gave a little clap as the went down the tunnel but as i say only Upson and Green actully came over to us.
derek zoolander

Post by derek zoolander »

I8CHAVS wrote:I just looked and shook my head at him!!
I can imagine it now. A disapointed Chavs, shaking his head and muttering under his breath as he just looks on and thinks, whats wrong with you, you ****ing helmet.

:lol: :thup:
JonG86
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by JonG86 »

I feel like he gets the worst rap because it just seems like he doesn't do much for our team.

However I would argue that he is the glue that holds our attacks together. If you look at his passing stats nearly all of his passes come in the opposition half and a majority of them are completed. I would like to see him develop his passing game more, perhaps working on his vision and reading of the game (if thats possible). If he could work on that then there is no reason he won't develop into a great player.

If he can't develop further and he is willing to sit on the bench then he would also make a great squad player.
Gavibe

Post by Gavibe »

Tel The Hammer wrote:For me Mark Noble has been a bog standard premier league player for at the least the last year, if not the last two years. I can't think of single thing he's done for us since scoring the pen against Liverpool about this time last year and he wasn't exactly standing out around that time either.

At and before the same age as Marky Noble our previous and current youth products have shown more than he has imo. Collison is currently outshining him at premier league level and he has very little top flight experience under his belt.
Ridiculous, this forum gets worse...whether or not he is a west ham boy or not we should not consider selling Noble. He adds extra guile to the team and just because Collison has stepped up does not mean we should offload Noble. I envisage they will both be very important to our future. Noble and Collison are neat, clever players who have the potential make this team better. They may not be world beaters like Gerard or Lampard but I would have a team that we can rely on with clever intricate football than relying on some bloke who has become bigger than the club he represents and full of his own self importance.
libero
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by libero »

Noble is a young midfield player given a lot of responsibilty by Zola in what is a difficult role. And I think he does it very well most of the time. He's not spectacular and he's not explosive and I firmly believe that he is maligned by many on here simply because they can't understand his role in the team, which is a great pity.

The fact that he is a local lad has some importance too. I think a club should be part of its local community through its fans and players. Clubs like the Arse have lost that sense of community and I would hate West Ham to field a team of players without any connection to the area. Of course he's got to be worth his place in the team as well

Rather than thinking of selling Noble, I think we should be trying to bring back the likes of Glen Johnson, Anton and even Joe Cole :crest:
Hambrosia Stu

Post by Hambrosia Stu »

derek zoolander wrote:I can imagine it now. A disapointed Chavs, shaking his head and muttering under his breath as he just looks on and thinks, whats wrong with you, you f***ing helmet.

:lol: :thup:
Kind of my reaction when reading through this thread! :lol:
The Sherriff
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 106 likes

Post by The Sherriff »

I8CHAVS wrote:
Saying that there was a lot of muggy supporters up there on Saturday I was in the lower and the geezer in front of me was an absolute tool and embarrased himself and his young son by acting a twat.
there was some other retard on his own who got actually got chucked out towards the end of the game. Appreciate this is off topic but felt it worth mentioning anyway.

saw him outside the ground pissing in broad daylight, then raised a clenched fist to some old Bolton supporter. to my horror he was sitting just the other side of the tunnel in the lower section (which was lacking atmosphere) and proceeded to make an arse of himself for the entire game. eventually (and deservedly) got chucked out but other west ham fans tried to prevent this. The little c*** then turns round and starts applauding the fans upon his departure. complete f*** wit, sheriff snr was all for knocking him out as he was giving it the big un throughout and gobbing off to Bolton supporters who were just sitting there minding their own business.