Savio - in general

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Tel The Hammer
Chesney Hawkes

Re: Savio - in general

Post by Tel The Hammer »

BMLGirl wrote:Rumour has it ( :wink: ) that the reason he hasn't been played much is coz Zola didn't want him in the first place, he was purely a Nani signing (there are also questions about the transfer money being paid to Brescia - Nani's ex father in law!). Zola has refused to bow to the pressure to play him just coz Nani wants him to (that's good as far as I'm concerned). Whether true or not, he had no qualms about playing (and sticking with) Stanislas, so go figure!
I KNEW IT!!

Duxbury and Nani OUT!
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1049 likes
Total likes: 1331 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

BMLGirl wrote:Rumour has it ( :wink: ) that the reason he hasn't been played much is coz Zola didn't want him in the first place, he was purely a Nani signing (there are also questions about the transfer money being paid to Brescia - Nani's ex father in law!). Zola has refused to bow to the pressure to play him just coz Nani wants him to (that's good as far as I'm concerned). Whether true or not, he had no qualms about playing (and sticking with) Stanislas, so go figure!
Have you been drinking with Chuck :wink:
rendog2

Post by rendog2 »

Cambiasso wrote::lol:

Please don't notify the Mossad. He's my friend ...
:lol:
Scratchy
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 225 likes

Post by Scratchy »

I think he will prove to be a shrewd signing. I blame the club for putting so much pressure on him, giving him number 10 etc., obviously the club should have replaced Bellamy, but it's not this lads fault, just get behind him and allow him to develop. he may have not done much, but from what I've seen of him he has ability, note the free-kick for Ilungas goal against Boro and the cut inside and shot against City that led to Collisons goal. Tel and Chuck and others need to turn it in, because its really getting tedious. Yes, we shouldve used the money to replace Bellamy, we didnt, constantly moaning won't help.
Scaloni Is The Messiah

Post by Scaloni Is The Messiah »

Absolute nonsense.
hammer1975
Has liked: 934 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

don't buy that

if it were true zola would not have brought the guy on at all as sub and certainly wouldn't have started him against west brom...the way I see it is that he has talent but his confidence and speed of adapting to the prem were not as high/quick as expected...he suffered an awful jolt to his confidence in the west brom game (when along with the whole team he was pretty inept) and zola then withdrew him from his condsideration for the season

not saying I think he'll go on to be a great but personally I've seen enough not to believe it was some dodgy deal to help out brescia (although we clearly didn't help the lad with the 'record' signing crap)

whether he was the purchase that the club needed at the time is another matter but let's not confuse two points
LeonRivers
Has liked: 1032 likes
Total likes: 394 likes

Post by LeonRivers »

The way I saw it, Zola was picking Stanislas over Savio not because of some petty argument with the board, but because at that time Stanislas was contributing far more to the team. Savio needs time to settle. Zola can't play him because unfortunately 'we' would start booing him if he got too much match time. Zola's best bet would be to ignore him the way Pards and Cubs ignored Tevez until we foam at the mouth with rage, granting him legendary status before he's completed 90 minutes. In fact, I advocate this method with all of this summer's signings.
Scratchy

Post by Scratchy »

Scaloni Is The Messiah wrote:Absolute nonsense.
Me? Care to tell me why?
Scaloni Is The Messiah

Just to clarify, have we got an explanation as to why a bankrupt man decided to give millions of pounds to one of his employee's former relatives without it benefitting the club? No, didn't think so.

The 'ex-father in law' stuff really gets on my nerves. It makes no sense.

Also interested to know why Zola's come out and praised Savio and said he'll go on to be a top player. Unless Nani's ex father-in-law is part of the Brescia mafia and is threatening the pair of them. About as likely as any of the rest of this b*llocks, so why not?
Scaloni Is The Messiah

Scratchy wrote: Me? Care to tell me why?
I was replying to that rumour thing. Sorry. I left the page up and obviously didn't realise the conversation had moved on before I replied. I agree with pretty much all of what you said. :lol:
Memorial Ground

Post by Memorial Ground »

Scratchy wrote:Me? Care to tell me why?
I think he was talking about the 'info'...

God you're a trouble maker :wink:
Scratchy

Post by Scratchy »

Memorial Ground wrote: I think he was talking about the 'info'...

God you're a trouble maker :wink:
:lol: I'm just misunderstood.
claret parrot
Location: caught between the devil and the deep fried camembert.
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by claret parrot »

Scratchy wrote:I think he will prove to be a shrewd signing. I blame the club for putting so much pressure on him, giving him number 10 etc., obviously the club should have replaced Bellamy, but it's not this lads fault, just get behind him and allow him to develop. he may have not done much, but from what I've seen of him he has ability, note the free-kick for Ilungas goal against Boro and the cut inside and shot against City that led to Collisons goal. Tel and Chuck and others need to turn it in, because its really getting tedious. Yes, we shouldve used the money to replace Bellamy, we didnt, constantly moaning won't help.
Wise words there. I hope and think you're right about the shrewd signing. I know you're right about the rest. :thup:
Scratchy

Post by Scratchy »

Scaloni Is The Messiah wrote: I was replying to that rumour thing. Sorry. I left the page up and obviously didn't realise the conversation had moved on before I replied. I agree with pretty much all of what you said. :lol:
:lol: My mistake
rendog2

Post by rendog2 »

I reckon he will have a stormer next season and prove many people wrong...
party iron

Post by party iron »

absolute nonsense :oops:
MK Hammer 3

Post by MK Hammer 3 »

Scratchy wrote:"
I think he was talking about the 'info'...

God you're a trouble maker :wink:"

:lol: I'm just misunderstood.
or to quote the former pressy, "misunderestimated" :D
[HH]
In the closet
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by [HH] »

At £5m initially though, that's the same amount as Roger Johnson from our second tier. Although they have Premiership experience, Dean Ashton at £7.5m, Dave Kitson at £5.5m etc both cost more. Joe Ledley is quoted at costing £5m, and Gareth Bale cost £10m. If we end up paying £9m, then we can't complain if it is a performance-stipulated fee. At present though, the fee hardly looks out of the norm. Especially when Arsenal coughed up for Walcott at 16 years old for a [final] fee of £12m.

Further to the debate surrounding his fee, I think it's ridiculous to be judging him at this stage. As aforementioned, he is 19 and has just moved to England. I don't know what age he moved from Uganda to Germany, nor how long he took to settle in his move from Germany to Italy. Either way, he has to adapt to not only the new culture, but also a quicker pace of football. In order to do so, he has to be settled to perform. It was revealed at the end of the season that Manchester United have an on-call handyman who changes players light bulbs and such in order for them to concentrate purely on football. To me, it's outrageous cotton-wool wrapping, but highlights the extremities that clubs go to.

West Ham made a lot of the Savio signing which wouldn't have helped him. The kid clearly has talent. In the little I've seen, he has a half-decent technique which seems natural, and his [not so good] composure will improve with age. More importantly, is that in the little seen of him, he's been willing to have a run at opposition defenders. Confidence at that age to do so, whether it be Paul Robinson or Wes Brown, is a great asset to have.

I'm sure Nani, Anderson etc could not justify their transfer fees. Walcott hasn't his, nor has Bale. In the next 3 years though, they could kick on and develop rapidly with an extra 120 games or so under their belt, and they'd be aged 25, 24, 23 and 22 respectively, with another 10 years or so of their career left. In Savio, we're paying for his age, not his experience, hence why patience is necessary.
Chuck D
Rebel without a pause

Post by Chuck D »

westlondonhammer wrote: Have you been drinking with Chuck :wink:
I already told you lot that Stuart Slater started that rumour.
Chuck D
Rebel without a pause

Post by Chuck D »

Scaloni Is The Messiah wrote:
Just to clarify, have we got an explanation as to why a bankrupt man decided to give millions of pounds to one of his employee's former relatives without it benefitting the club? No, didn't think so.

We dont know how much was paid, nor what will be paid, nor in what format

The 'ex-father in law' stuff really gets on my nerves. It makes no sense.

Its his father in law, not ex as far as i know. On that note, are Italians in some way immune from nepotism? Or are they renown for "keeping things in the family"?

Also interested to know why Zola's come out and praised Savio and said he'll go on to be a top player. Unless Nani's ex father-in-law is part of the Brescia mafia and is threatening the pair of them. About as likely as any of the rest of this b***ocks, so why not?

Its no more b*llocks than anything else that gets posted on here about signing Owen, Gudjonnson, Adriano, never selling to Spurs, Bellamy storming out of training, strings attached to the Carrick deal, SWP's medical or any other things that have never actually happened.