Savio - in general

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Scaloni Is The Messiah

Re: Savio - in general

Post by Scaloni Is The Messiah »

Chuck D wrote: Its his father in law, not ex as far as i know. On that note, are Italians in some way immune from nepotism? Or are they renown for "keeping things in the family"?
Right. But... it wasn't Nani's money. So it makes no sense.

Chuck D wrote:Its no more b***ocks than anything else that gets posted on here about signing Owen, Gudjonnson, Adriano, never selling to Sp*rs, Bellamy storming out of training, strings attached to the Carrick deal, SWP's medical or any other things that have never actually happened.
Don't see the relevance, unless you're suggesting I believe all those things?
Big_Russ

Post by Big_Russ »

s no more b***ocks than anything else that gets posted on here about signing Owen, Gudjonnson, Adriano, never selling to Sp*rs, Bellamy storming out of training, strings attached to the Carrick deal, SWP's medical or any other things that have never actually happened.
Have we sold to Spurs since he made that statement?

Is this the same Gudjohnsson who as been quoted this week saying how much he would love to come to the premier league and work with Zola?

:think:
Chuck D
Rebel without a pause

Post by Chuck D »

Russ

There hasnt been a transfer window since we made the statement.

The last player we sold to Spurs was Carrick, about 5 years ago. Its not as if we were selling them a player every week, and stopped.

Gudjonnson said that? Blimey, where did he say that?

Archie, what does it matter that its not Nani's money? Even better then surely? He gets his father in law a bundle of cash, and they all have a big family holiday.......
claret parrot
Location: caught between the devil and the deep fried camembert.
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by claret parrot »

That sounds all bloody obvious to me HH but I suppose it can't be that obvious or all kumbers would think like that, and it's pretty clear not all of us do :eh:
Tel The Hammer
Chesney Hawkes

Post by Tel The Hammer »

I really feel we need to loan this fella out this season.

He really looked out of his depth last season, so I reckon a loan to another English club would show if he can cut it over here.

With Diamanti, Jiminez, Collison, Dyer, Stanislas and Noble all in front of him in the pecking order, he'll only be playing for the stiffs and maybe the odd League Cup game (depending on how far we go).

He needs to be playing for his supposed talent to increase and shine through.

I'm sure loads of fizz clubs would be interested in a player who could supposedly cost upto £9m.
FDiMcA
teh
Location: Locked in a cellar, not sure where but I can smell hotdogs

Post by FDiMcA »

Tel The Hammer wrote: With 1: Diamanti, 2: Jiminez, 3; Collison, 4: Dyer, 5: Stanislas and 6: Noble all in front of him in the pecking order, he'll only be playing for the stiffs .
We play with 1 up front.
Back 4 + Parker + 4 players + Cole thats 10 outfield players + a keeper.
Zola has suggested he wants cover in every area 10x2 + keeper's.

We need a plan B up front for when Cole on his own is not working, so thats 10 outfield players + a plan B striker + a keeper.
Zola has suggested he wants cover in every area 11x2 + keepers.

22 + Keepers:

Back 4 x 2
Parker x Kovac
Cole x Ashton

Midfield:
Collison x Behrami
Noble x LBM
Jiminez x Stanislas
Dyer x ?

Additional /plan B striker
Diamanti x ?

Lets say you loan out Savio you basicly have no cover for Diamanti (New player from Serie B) no cover for Dyer (injury prone), just Stanislas a kid covering those two and Jiminez. LBM is out for the season. and Behrami aint back yet.

Not only do we need to buy another attacking player, we need to hang on to Savio.

===

His problem appears to be settling in London in the English game. Loaning him out to the likes of Neil Warnock would be disastrous. We are concentrating on being the academy the place where Carr and Nani technically develop players. Nani knows Savio from his old club. Either Savio goes on loan back to Italy or home to germany or he stays safely with us IMHO
JonG86
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by JonG86 »

Chuck D wrote:Russ
There hasnt been a transfer window since we made the statement.
Hate to pull you up on this Chuckles, but we are currently in a transfer window.
Scaloni Is The Messiah

I don't know if sending Nsereko out to the championship would be a very good idea. On the one hand, the likelihood is the physicality would make his technical skill redundant and further hamper his progress. On the other, that's the side of the game he needs to get more used to if he's going to come back and do well.

I still have a lot of faith in his ability, but it's obvious something's going on, whether he's struggling in training or has personal problems. Whichever it is, I hope it's just a temporary thing, because there is a fantastic player in there, and Zola's the first manager I've seen at West Ham that could feasibly get the best out of him. The longer this goes on, the more likely it's going to be another player we see fulfill their potential abroad.
poplargeezer
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by poplargeezer »

According to my mate, who hasa mole at the ground, when I was out drinking with him 3 weeks ago, he told me 3 things:

1. Dean Ashton is finished and will retire
2. Savio has done a bit of a Boogers and can't settle down here, and wants to be away - so future leaks bleak
3. I can't remember the third thing - it was a bloody good night
Scaloni Is The Messiah

Do we know where Savio is then? :shock:

Looking more and more likely he and Quashie have eloped. :(
Scratchy
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 225 likes

Post by Scratchy »

Scaloni Is The Messiah wrote:Do we know where Savio is then? :shock:

Looking more and more likely he and Quashie have eloped. :(
O/S says he's back in training on monday, supposedly had a virus.
poplargeezer
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by poplargeezer »

O/S says he's back in training on monday, supposedly had a virus.[/quote]

Just hope it's not 'Devonshire flu'
WHamZam

Post by WHamZam »

Scaloni Is The Messiah wrote:I don't know if sending Nsereko out to the championship would be a very good idea. On the one hand, the likelihood is the physicality would make his technical skill redundant and further hamper his progress. On the other, that's the side of the game he needs to get more used to if he's going to come back and do well.
Exactly. Physically, the Championship and Reserves games are very different. Going to the Championship would help Savio to learn what English football is all about. He would also be quite different to most wingers in the division, so who knows, perhaps he could be a success? I`m sure if he works hard and has the talent he`ll be a success at any Championship club. Their playing style really shouldn`t have to come into it.
Denbighammer
Has liked: 697 likes
Total likes: 431 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

Send him to the Championship for a season. Palace maybe? At least he'll know someone there.

Lets be honest Sears looked pretty lightweight but he seems to be coping. The lads gotta learn, I think he's got potential but he'll never realise it in the reserves.
The Stallion

Post by The Stallion »

Maybe Burnley, Hull or Birmingham are in for Savio?

Once he gets a run of games, he will start to flourish.

Hes found it hard adapting to the style over here, will do him good a loan.

Then once he gets some rhythm, he can come back and do it for us.
libero
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by libero »

Seems strange that he keeps picking up these viruses and minor injuries. It would be extremely disappointing if this all went belly up after so short a time at the club :?
Memorial Ground

Post by Memorial Ground »

Is this the first time a player thread has spanned the whole West Ham career of a player?
[HH]
In the closet
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by [HH] »

Memorial Ground wrote:Is this the first time a player thread has spanned the whole West Ham career of a player?
No. Mauricio Taricco won that one.

It is however, a thread which answers those who thought the transfer was dodgy with relations of/to Nani. Savio has now joined a bigger club than us, in the Champions League, playing at a higher European competition level than AC Milan. Perhaps Della Valle is Nani's brother-in-law?
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

libero wrote:Seems strange that he keeps picking up these viruses and minor injuries. It would be extremely disappointing if this all went belly up after so short a time at the club :?
Its not too hard to guess that the lad never settled and wanted out. Good luck to Savio
JonG86
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by JonG86 »

[HH] wrote:[
It is however, a thread which answers those who thought the transfer was dodgy with relations of/to Nani. Savio has now joined a bigger club than us, in the Champions League, playing at a higher European competition level than AC Milan. Perhaps Della Valle is Nani's brother-in-law?
The same AC Milan drawn with Real in the group stages of the Champions League....