Savio - in general

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Chuck D
Rebel without a pause

Re: Savio - in general

Post by Chuck D »

FACT (FACT).

Learn......
Chuck D
Rebel without a pause

Post by Chuck D »

Scaloni Is The Messiah wrote:We've had 16 games since the window shut. He played a part in 10.
Whats the window shutting got to do with anything? He's played 11 times for us. About a total of two and a half games I reckon if you added it all together.

I havent done the numbers, if you would be so kind.

http://www.whufc.com/page/News/0,,12562~1534229,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By the way, if he is 5'9, Zola must be standing on a box.....
Cambiasso
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 37 likes

Post by Cambiasso »

Chuck: if time permits send your remark regarding his height to the Guardian with link attached and regards.
Chuck D
Rebel without a pause

Post by Chuck D »

Cambiasso wrote:Chuck: if time permits send your remark regarding his height to the Guardian with link attached and regards.
Its on that page (the one I linked) as well mate. It says 5'9. I would guess that the Guardian took it from there? Another lie..... :lol:

I can only imagine that Zola has some wicked 1970's platform boots!
JonG86
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by JonG86 »

Chuck D wrote: Its on that page (the one I linked) as well mate. It says 5'9. I would guess that the Guardian took it from there? Another lie..... :lol:

I can only imagine that Zola has some wicked 1970's platform boots!
It's qeird actually.

Zola is 5"5 (Wiki), yet Savio is listed as 5"9 on his Wiki, his ESPN stats page AND on football manager. Very very peculiar. Maybe Zola is on a box?
smuts
Has liked: 1498 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

Or standing on Steve Clarke......

Does Zola have a little box he stands on for piccies or did he make Savio squat?

Or perhaps someone will get a measuring tape out in pre season and discover that Savio has lost 4" in height somehow since his stat's were compiled.

We deserve to know the truth! :lol:
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

Zola has high hopes for Savio
West Ham United manager Gianfranco Zola has backed Savio to make a big impact in the coming season.

The 19-year-old forward signed for a club record fee from Italian Serie B side Brescia in January but has yet to establish himself in the Hammers' first-team.

He has failed to score since his move and appears still to be acclimatising to the rigours of Barclays Premier League life. Zola, however, sees plenty of potential in his recruit.

lower standard

"Savio is a boy who came from a totally different league with (a) much lower standard so (he has) had a few problems at the beginning trying to establish himself," Zola told the club's official website.

"He was used to playing at very low rhythm, so he had time on the ball and would get two or three seconds before someone was going to challenge.

"In the Premier League it is totally different, you don't have the ball and already someone is challenging you - but he is catching up. He is only 19.

"He is a player that I believe is going to give satisfaction to the supporters. We need to be patient with him because he needs to adapt. He has got quality and believe me is going to be an important player."

Savio was born in Uganda but has represented the Germany Under-20 side. He is eligible to play for either country at senior level.
RWJ

Post by RWJ »

I personally would like to see Savio go on loan to crystal Palace as well, I think that would help him to adapt quicker to the english game, not a season long loan, maybe a couple of months and keep an eye on him.

Cant do much harm can it?
Memorial Ground

Post by Memorial Ground »

Urm, we were saying...
WCpete
Has liked: 1404 likes
Total likes: 3070 likes

Post by WCpete »

Why hasn't Savio played a part in Germany's U-21 Euros?
Cambiasso

Post by Cambiasso »

Savio is part of the U-19 or U-18 or whatever the denomination is.

... at least that's what my kraut acquaintance said when I asked.
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

Cambiasso wrote:Savio is part of the U-19 or U-18 or whatever the denomination is.

a kraut in Argentina? hmmmm, suspicious... :wink:
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

Cambiasso wrote:Savio is part of the U-19 or U-18 or whatever the denomination is.

a kraut in Argentina? hmmmm, suspicious... :wink:
Cambiasso

Post by Cambiasso »

:lol:

Please don't notify the Mossad. He's my friend ...
Memorial Ground

WCpete wrote:Why hasn't Savio played a part in Germany's U-21 Euros?
As pointed out in the u21s thread...
continental skills wrote:Of the Germans, virtually all of their starting line-up against Spain are first team regulars in the Bundesliga:
Neuer (Schalke), Beck (Hoffenheim), Hoewedes (Schalke), Castro (Leverkusen), Boenisch (Bremen), Boateng (Hamburg), Aogo (Hamburg), Özil (Bremen), Khedira (Stuttgart) and Marin (Moenchengladbach) are all first choice for their clubs (which are by no means the league's weaker teams, with the exception of Gladbach). Only Dejagah from Wolfsburg is a (regular) substitute striker, but that is no surprise with Dzeko and Grafite in front of him. Neuer, Beck, Castro, Özil and Marin have all been called up to the full international team.
Savio has hardly played at club level over the past year, except in Serie B.
Memorial Ground

...and to add to the debate that's going on elsewhere on this site, I think he's already shown a lot of ability, let alone potential.

Looking forward to seeing him this year.
Nutmeg

Post by Nutmeg »

Memorial Ground wrote:...and to add to the debate that's going on elsewhere on this site, I think he's already shown a lot of ability, let alone potential.

Looking forward to seeing him this year.
:thup:
Hammer9

Post by Hammer9 »

Savio just like Sears but £9m..he should play full game tho...lets hope he will play start of the season, see if he play any good, he may impress to Zola! :)
BMLGirl
Has liked: 167 likes
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by BMLGirl »

Rumour has it ( :wink: ) that the reason he hasn't been played much is coz Zola didn't want him in the first place, he was purely a Nani signing (there are also questions about the transfer money being paid to Brescia - Nani's ex father in law!). Zola has refused to bow to the pressure to play him just coz Nani wants him to (that's good as far as I'm concerned). Whether true or not, he had no qualms about playing (and sticking with) Stanislas, so go figure!
Memorial Ground

I hope that's not true, and to be honest I don't believe it.

I don't imagine the powers that be at the club would have allowed such a petty thing to happen (shows my naïvity), although it would explain why we didn't replace Bellamy.

Thanks anyway. :thup: