Asia trophy ..Beijing Blog

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

upton girlie
Purveyor Of Half-Time Confectionery
Location: "Reality is an illusion created by a lack of alcohol."
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Re: Asia trophy ..Beijing Blog

Post by upton girlie »

Sunday night and everyone is almost packed up ready for our long journey home tomorrow :(

The Great Wall was superb yesterday despite being very exhausting to us lot who didn't take the cable car to the top...bloody cheats. Think w all sweated out the serious amount of alcohol drunk the night before..it was very hot.

Today we visited , the Forbidden city, Tiananmen Square, a tea house and a boat ride at Summer Palace in very hot, with a blue non polluted (a miracle) sky conditions. A lot of us got quite red and had a great touristy day. The Chinese lunch was an eye opener as was our posh peking duck supper last night.

I have over 1,400 photos of the tour and will bung them up upon return once some have been edited :lol:

Off out for some beers now...
Chippenhammer
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Chippenhammer »

upton girlie wrote:Sunday night and everyone is almost packed up ready for our long journey home tomorrow :(

The Great Wall was superb yesterday despite being very exhausting to us lot who didn't take the cable car to the top...bloody cheats. Think w all sweated out the serious amount of alcohol drunk the night before..it was very hot.

Today we visited , the Forbidden city, Tiananmen Square, a tea house and a boat ride at Summer Palace in very hot, with a blue non polluted (a miracle) sky conditions. A lot of us got quite red and had a great touristy day. The Chinese lunch was an eye opener as was our posh peking duck supper last night.

I have over 1,400 photos of the tour and will bung them up upon return once some have been edited :lol:

Off out for some beers now...

Sorry to be so bold, but do you have some gossip on the future direction of the club? You sounded like you knew something on friday and I was being a nosey twat.
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

Chippenhammer wrote:
Sorry to be so bold, but do you have some gossip on the future direction of the club? You sounded like you knew something on friday and I was being a nosey twat.
I didn't know whether to laugh or cry at some of the things i heard to be honest..

Overall, i'm worried, don't ask me why, just a feeling i have about things & some of the things i heard, we'll have to see though of course..

Once again, massive thanks to everyone on the Trip for making it what it was, especially Romford for organising & the Ladies who brang me bits & bobs, peace & love to all for a great Trip... :thup:
Chippenhammer
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Chippenhammer »

Bobby you are being a tease now too.What have you heard?
Bishy

Post by Bishy »

Share what you've heard Bobby O. A problem shared is a problem halved or whatever :eh:
cockney farmer

Post by cockney farmer »

Wes, I am worried that your worried.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 498 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

I'm worried that people are worrying about someone who's worried about what they heard. Without knowing what they're worried about. :D
Bobby Orangeboom

HammerMan2004 wrote:I'm worried that people are worrying about someone who's worried about what they heard. Without knowing what they're worried about. :D
I don't know, you just at the Squad, it's desperately thin in my opinion..

Redknapp said something to someone in Beijing about the " Rumour in Football Circles is West Ham are bang in trouble " & that he'd been offered Parker etc this Summer that i said should be taken with a pinch of Salt as Redknapp is an ****hole & a liar..

I'm not necessarily into the rumour mill as i'm more inclined to believe things when they actually happen, especially where Football is concerned but i don't know, i just thought we looked short, have a lightweight Squad with the main Signing so far ( i don't believe that we're gonna make any further influential Signings ) being a Loan Player who looked on a different Planet for the 2 Games in China & touched the ball 3 times..

Just a vibe that's all, nothing to really base it on, just the feeling i got over the week after talking to different people, some who knew what was going & were involved in it ( Professional Football ) all also.. :thup:
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 618 likes
Total likes: 578 likes

Post by vietnammer »

upton girlie wrote: Off out for some beers now...
Why not save the trouble of ending most of your posts with that and have it as your location?
Bobby Orangeboom

Oh forgot to say, the Pond Life were on our Flight to Hong Kong yesterday morning & **** me, i honestly honestly honestly could noot believe the conversation that i was listening too between Jenas & Chimbonda on the Airport express Train thing to the Gates..

Let's just say if they didn't have decent Feet, they'd both without be unemployed as neither had a ****ing brain cell between them..

Alan Hutton seemed to be doing his best, natural Ali G impression too & Redknapp seemed to be embaressed by them to be honest & i don't blame him..

Complete ****ing C*cks, i've got a sly liking for O Hara anyway & it went up more & more with him doing Duty Free & eating on his own away from theme Mongs in his Squad.. :thup:
blahblahblah
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 230 likes

Post by blahblahblah »

Finally back home. Had a blast. Thanks to everyone who came out, and I hope no one got into too much trouble after I left...
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Cheers to everyone who came..your behavior was a great credit to the club :thup:

Special thanks to a certain Irishman who kept me sane(ish), blahblahblah and everyone at The Sofitel Wanda Hotel who made our stay very special :clap:

Joe got home safe by the way on the flight after !?

Now whose got my chess set...
Bobby Orangeboom

Romford wrote:Cheers to everyone who came..your behavior was a great credit to the club

Special thanks to a certain Irishman who kept me sane(ish), blahblahblah and everyone at The Sofitel Wanda Hotel who made our stay very special :clap:

Joe got home safe by the way on the flight after !?

Now whose got my chess set...
Yep credit where credit's due, the Paddy was superb, you too Big Man.. :thup:

Top, top trip that we thoroughly enjoyed & thansk to you for putting it all together, the Sofitel & to the people on the Trip...

Roll on ZA 2010.. :wink:
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Cheers to the both of you too mate..

Some great pics to come...especially the last night at Maggies 8-)

Let me know about the Blue ones :thup:
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Big John wrote:

Bobby and partner ( cheeky b*stard ) have just arrived safe & sound in lovely samui...

once again Romford ,lovely trip mate, thanks for all your effort ....hopefully see you next year

and guess who was on our flight checking in the same time ,only harry and he's Spuds...no comment
Sorry mate...I'm terrible with names. I only remember the w&nkers..

Never have a problem with Fionn :lol:

Sorry to hear about your fellow passengers...hope you made them aware who you were !
Big John

Post by Big John »

Romford wrote:
Sorry mate...I'm terrible with names. I only remember the w&nkers..

Never have a problem with Fionn :lol:

Sorry to hear about your fellow passengers...hope you made them aware who you were !
yeah no worries romford, everyone remembers fionn name

well i think they realised we wasnt spuds , with bobby wearing a hammers hat & the look we gave them :evil:

top trip again mate
Bobby Orangeboom

Big John wrote:
yeah no worries romford, everyone remembers fionn name

well i think they realised we wasnt spuds , with bobby wearing a hammers hat & the look we gave them :evil:

top trip again mate
I think phleming on Chimbonda, Jenas & O Hara's Luggage was a give away too, possibly...
Chavs
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 762 likes

Post by Chavs »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote:
I think phleming on Chimbonda, Jenas & O Hara's Luggage was a give away too, possibly...
You better have ****ing done that :lol: :lol: :lol:
Big John

Post by Big John »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote: I think phleming on Chimbonda, Jenas & O Hara's Luggage was a give away too, possibly...
ive got a question for you pascal :raver:
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Its very quiet on here today 8-)