Asia trophy ..Beijing Blog

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Chavs
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 762 likes

Re: Asia trophy ...Final Travel Details

Post by Chavs »

You da man.

You da man.
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

They booked out the whole of business class. Noble and Parker chatted away to some of our lot. Spector as well. Green and a few others couldn't have been less interested.

Met a few of the old boys, Tony Gale, Cottee etc yesterday and they were top.[/quote]

cheers pal. ..enjoy your lash up

what's Bobby O been up to/?!
upton girlie
Purveyor Of Half-Time Confectionery
Location: "Reality is an illusion created by a lack of alcohol."
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by upton girlie »

I8CHAVS wrote:You da man.

You da man.
What a load of utter bollox :lol:

Truth of the matter was that Fionn had a stonking hangover and would have paid far more had not I blagged him the 40 quid deal...cheeky bugger taking all the credit...I now have to return to the same place tomorrow as EVERYONE wants one now. Gonna start charging commission soon 8-)

Great day today at Xian despite getting up at 5am, two more two hour flights and not long back (after a couple of beers and some noodles) - now 1.50am.

Danger Doyles pub by the stadium tomorrow afternoon for pre match drinking and meeting up with the Hull fans again - top crowd...

Party afterwards with some 'people' but more on that afterwards...can't give away all our secrets over here... :wink:
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 618 likes
Total likes: 578 likes

Post by vietnammer »

Beam me up Scotty :cry:
upton girlie

Post by upton girlie »

You would hate the shopping my friend ;)

Oh...tell your missus I got a fantastic Prada bag for a fiver... :)
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver

Post by vietnammer »

upton girlie wrote: Oh...tell your missus I got a fantastic Prada bag for a fiver... :)
You only met her once, in the dark, in the garden of the Black Lion, and you sussed she was a fashion label hound. Impressive!

:wink:
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

My update...

Squad is **** & so weak it's scary..

T*ttenham are ****, 2 ****ing bob..

Met Phil Borwn tonigth & had a chat with him & a Game of Pool ( when he didn't have to, he came up to us as he obviously realise we weren't from Hull :lol: ) after he'd been doing a few things for his Hull lot who are top ****ing notch..

The Brasses are trying to charge 100 Quid each & theyr'e ****ing minging, :lol:

I've now got a soft spot for Hull, their Fans are top notch & their Management are better..

So far out Management/Player are even more aliented from teh Fans than i've ever known, based on Hull tonight..

T*ttemnham are still c****..

& .......................T*ttenham are still 2 bob..

Apart from that it's great.. :|

Oh yeah & we're half cut after trying to meet up with the Crowd tonigth who were nowhere to be scene ( too cool & good looking i think ) at the Park Hyatt Hotel Bar where we stayed til 3's in the morning & have just got home, Slags !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Big John

Post by Big John »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote:My update...

Squad is sh*t & so weak it's scary..

T*ttenham are sh*t, 2 f***ing bob..

Met Phil Borwn tonigth & had a chat with him & a Game of Pool ( when he didn't have to, he came up to us as he obviously realise we weren't from Hull :lol: ) after he'd been doing a few things for his Hull lot who are top f***ing notch..

The Brasses are trying to charge 100 Quid each & theyr'e f***ing minging, :lol:

I've now got a soft spot for Hull, their Fans are top notch & their Management are better..

So far out Management/Player are even more aliented from teh Fans than i've ever known, based on Hull tonight..

T*ttemnham are still c****..

& .......................T*ttenham are still 2 bob..

Apart from that it's great..

Oh yeah & we're half cut after trying to meet up with the Crowd tonigth who were nowhere to be scene ( too cool & good looking i think ) at the Park Hyatt Hotel Bar where we stayed til 3's in the morning & have just got home, Slags !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
well i was with bobby, i got chatted up by a brass then she told me the price, and my reply was " you said you liked me " bwwwahahahahahahaha , i think she chose the wrong to people ...."we live in thailand love"
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

Big John wrote:
well i was with bobby,i got chatted up by a brass then she told me the price, and my reply was " you said you liked me " bwwwahahahahahahaha , i think she chose the wrong to people ...."we live in thailand love"
Bwahahahahahaha you fat Lemon, amateur... :lol:
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Christ..I thought i was sad checking my emails. You lot live on this bleeding site 8-)

Few quick snips...

Bumped into H, Kevin Bond, Joe Jordan and some old ex 4x2 who i recognised but couldn't put a name to...top fellas and sweet as a nut. This was just outside the Silk market...sort of Harry Heaven in there. Not sure if he will make it to the game.

Our players took over Club and First on the way out...were all great and according to the Steward on the plane, very decent, which apparently makes a change for footballers.Chatted to a few players and ex players who were a credit to the club .

Beijing is double hot, bleeding huge, hazy all the time and bestowed with a lot of very beautiful woman who see to have a thing about big men...Fionn is gutted and i'm taking it all in my strider :wink:

Beers are around the 2 sovs mark apart fronm our lovely abode who want 5....I suppose you have to pay for quality !

Big thanks to BlahBlahBlah whose local lingo is amazing, to UG who has again been a great help to me and everyone else with her knowledge and wisdom and of course everyone for behaving themselves.

Also a big thank to Greg D at the club who has been great with a couple of things...i actually feel the club have been greatful for our support for a change.

Time to get some more clobber...

Party in the M Bar with a few ex players and hopefully some of the cuttent chaps after the game tonight...all drinks till 12 free after paying 120 rmb for those out here :thup:
upton girlie

Re: Asia trophy ..Beijing Blog

Post by upton girlie »

Whoop whoop whoop........Parteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.... where is Kovac when one needs him :lol: :raver:
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver

Post by vietnammer »

Glad to hear the 'sun's passed the yard-arm' somewhere in the world!
Big_Russ

Post by Big_Russ »

I'm proper jealous!

Where was my invite Romford!

:wink:
upton girlie

Post by upton girlie »

:thup: Ohwhat anihght der der der der der

Tony Gale =nLegend. Much humour and giggles
Tony Cottee = legend and more giggles
Greg demitriou = excellent along with Laura - serious thank you fro a great night tonight :thup:

THUMBSUP TO THE CLUB FOR THE ENTERTAINMENT AND SIGNED oops...caps lock - sorry - stuff, shirts pennants etc/.lovely appreciation.

i finx bed is a good option now...upton girlie...last to leave the bar...another legend :)

PS..DONT let our hotel know about the nicked vodka and stuff...sssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhh

China is kewl...if the chinese dont get in the way...
smuts
Has liked: 1498 likes
Total likes: 1439 likes

Post by smuts »

Great read everyone.... :thup:
rosecityhammer

Post by rosecityhammer »

It's hard to believe it's Saturday all ready! The week has been a blur of beer, good people, West Ham, a great hotel, dancing at clubs until the wee hours in the morning, more beer, taxi's, and some tours of the local sites. There will be some interesting and incriminating photos floating around soon enough when we all return on Monday. There were some great shots taken at the Wall today too, and quite a few people from our group brought up some various West Ham flags as well.

Bobby, sorry I did not get a chance to say good-bye last night but after a match day of lagers (including one had at a very James Bond style place at the stadium--out front it said Stadium Coffee, when you went in they sold sausages and some drinks, but when you went near the toilets and pushed a button on a faux brick paneled wall, it slid open to reveal a bar with taps, bottles, tables, and the whole mix!) and all of that free booze at the club last night I was a few minutes away from falling asleep on one of those couches. Give my best to your friend as well, nice fella!

Thanks again to Romford for organizing, UG for being a mistress of fun and photography for us all, Fionn and BSB1 for all the laughs and pints, BBB for his handy translation skills, and to everyone else I've been lucky enough to hang out with and meet here. Since our football has been a bit, umm, uninspiring, it's been the people and the places that have made this a great trip!
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver

Post by vietnammer »

rosecityhammer wrote:some great shots taken at the Wall
Didn't know we were playing them :o
ooh look who it is
Location: I'm a reasonable guy. But, I've just experienced some very unreasonable things.

Post by ooh look who it is »

Hats off to all of you who made the trip. Fair do and all that.

No way my missus would let me swan off over there on a week's jolly up!! Lucky kuntz.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

I'm getting old :oops:

Must say a big thank you to Mr Gale and Mr Cottee plus all the backroom staff who made Friday night special...and of course Greg and Laura for sorting it. It was a lovely evening.

Did the Great Wall yesterday...lovely although the highlight was the tobogan down the mountain. Mad !

Today is Forbidden City and Summer Palace...and poxy packing. Right now its 07.05 here and the place is funnily quiet for once.

Sorry i didn't see more of Bobby and partner :wink: and hope you got home safe...and Also Andy and Julie who go home today. I've got up early doors to see you off but you mut have left at silly o clock.

Off to breakfast now :thup:
Big John

Post by Big John »

Romford wrote:I'm getting old :oops:

Must say a big thank you to Mr Gale and Mr Cottee plus all the backroom staff who made Friday night special...and of course Greg and Laura for sorting it. It was a lovely evening.

Did the Great Wall yesterday...lovely although the highlight was the tobogan down the mountain. Mad !

Today is Forbidden City and Summer Palace...and poxy packing. Right now its 07.05 here and the place is funnily quiet for once.

Sorry i didn't see more of Bobby and partner :wink: and hope you got home safe...and Also Andy and Julie who go home today. I've got up early doors to see you off but you mut have left at silly o clock.

Off to breakfast now :thup:

Bobby and partner ( cheeky b*stard ) have just arrived safe & sound in lovely samui...

once again Romford ,lovely trip mate, thanks for all your effort ....hopefully see you next year

and guess who was on our flight checking in the same time ,only harry and he's Spurs...no comment