Transfer Window: Summer 2009

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

joyful

Re: Summer Transfer Rumour Thread '09

Post by joyful »

spector

versatile player, excellent attitude doing his best at a position which is not his, thereby leaving him open to criticism and Curbs' secret love child (okay, made that bit up but you know what I mean.)

A good buy for someone, I reckon.
IIIronss

Post by IIIronss »

Well I was thinking of Kovac and we would be a weaker team with Kovac in place of Parker or anyone in place of Cole.

He was unlucky for the Lennon goal, he slipped. If he hadn't of slipped he probably would have been praised for his performance. And wasn't the Millwall goal due to Gabbidon or someone not being bothered to head the ball out.

I'm not saying he's brilliant but encouraging selling him for £2million is, well, mental really.

Would leave us terribly short at full back and relying on kids or CB's to cover.
John. Norway

Post by John. Norway »

IIIronss wrote:Well I was thinking of Kovac and we would be a weaker team with Kovac in place of Parker or anyone in place of Cole.

He was unlucky for the Lennon goal, he slipped. If he hadn't of slipped he probably would have been praised for his performance. And wasn't the Millwall goal due to Gabbidon or someone not being bothered to head the ball out.

I'm not saying he's brilliant but encouraging selling him for £2million is, well, mental really.

Would leave us terribly short at full back and relying on kids or CB's to cover.
Is the correct answer.
MD_HM
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

IIIronss wrote:Well I was thinking of Kovac and we would be a weaker team with Kovac in place of Parker or anyone in place of Cole.

Spector gave away possession and the resulting attack led to the goal I wasnt refering to the cross... You wouldnt have seen that from clips on TV but I was there and it was defo Spector's mistake that led to that chance.

As for Spurs he was awful, out of position the whole game and Parker spent most of the game at Left Back covering for Spector.

2m run and laugh all the way to the bank....
JonG86
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 76 likes

Post by JonG86 »

MD_HM wrote:
Spector gave away possession and the resulting attack led to the goal I wasnt refering to the cross... You wouldnt have seen that from clips on TV but I was there and it was defo Spector's mistake that led to that chance.
Are you talking about the Millwall game?
MD_HM

Post by MD_HM »

JonG86 wrote:
Are you talking about the Millwall game?

Yep he lost the ball it came over to the other side, ball came over and they scored...

Lennon had an off day against us but he beat Spector every single time but his crossing was poor so only cost us 1 goal... mind you the Millwall winger also beat him 9 times out of 10
JonG86

Post by JonG86 »

I thought Millwalls goal came from a throw in?
MD_HM

Post by MD_HM »

JonG86 wrote:I thought Millwalls goal came from a throw in?
I cant be explaining it very well...

we had the ball

Spector gave it away

it came over to the other side of the pitch and they won a throw in

they scored
NeverSayDie

Post by NeverSayDie »

MD_HM wrote:
I cant be explaining it very well...

we had the ball

Spector gave it away

it came over to the other side of the pitch and they won a throw in

they scored
Jeez MD, if you used that logic you'd be selling all of our players for £2m a piece. :lol:
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

Doubt it, he was awful in that game.

Was less then 50 foot from him at most times and he didn't have a good day.

Played better Yesterday though.
MD_HM

Post by MD_HM »

NEVERSAYDIE wrote:
Jeez MD, if you used that logic you'd be selling all of our players for £2m a piece. :lol:
Nope just cant see how someone would pay for him... always thought he was average but first 3 games this season IMO been below average and cost us... never saw the game yesterday so cant judge

If we are so desperate for money for a striker why turn it down... we need a striker more than him

Id rather play Nouble though if the striker is a washed up oldie like DDM
Jarvo
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Jarvo »

VeniceHammer wrote:kezman on loan to zenith, would have he been worth a punt?
Dropped their interest in Pandev then? :think:
MikeNewell'sOldBoys
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by MikeNewell'sOldBoys »

Barca spending 22m on some Ukrainian called Dmytro Chygrynskiy... Make a chant out of that name.
Countryboy

Post by Countryboy »

Spector is playing on the wrong side of the field ... as a right-back he is now a regular for the 12th-ranked national side in the world and held his own in games against Italy and Brazil in the Confederations Cup tournament this summer, getting a couple of assists during the tournament. He can also play CB and DM (and has done so for us in the past) ... that kind of player is extremely useful to a manager who wants a small squad which has some players at least who can be used in multiple positions. Keep him.
saludo de carlitos

Post by saludo de carlitos »

Countryboy wrote:Spector is playing on the wrong side of the field ... as a right-back he is now a regular for the 12th-ranked national side in the world and held his own in games against Italy and Brazil in the Confederations Cup tournament this summer, getting a couple of assists during the tournament. He can also play CB and DM (and has done so for us in the past) ... that kind of player is extremely useful to a manager who wants a small squad which has some players at least who can be used in multiple positions. Keep him.
And did that job very well.
MikeNewell'sOldBoys
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by MikeNewell'sOldBoys »

Countryboy wrote:Spector is playing on the wrong side of the field ... as a right-back he is now a regular for the 12th-ranked national side in the world and held his own in games against Italy and Brazil in the Confederations Cup tournament this summer, getting a couple of assists during the tournament. He can also play CB and DM (and has done so for us in the past) ... that kind of player is extremely useful to a manager who wants a small squad which has some players at least who can be used in multiple positions. Keep him.
Agreed. He may well end up as our John O'Shea. Considered rubbish for years but plays a good 25 games a season due to being so versatile and by the time he's 29 being considered a good player for the squad, not rubbish back up.
JonG86

Post by JonG86 »

Everton have agreed a fee for Heitinga from Atletico Madrid.

Not a bad buy for them, but he has a bit of an attitude.
MD_HM

Post by MD_HM »

MikeNewell'sOldBoys wrote:not rubbish back up.
Agree with that and if someone gets injured with 10 to go then we can cope and he does a job the problem is not he isnt good enough for back up the problem is he isnt good enough to start.... well at left back and for more than a game.

I think his better performances have been 10-20 mins playing in midfield at end of games... not as much pressure as left back starting.

Id rather see a youngster playing if Ilunga say is out for 4 games the reason being is that they will gain experience which in turn will help them improve. Spector WILL make mistakes in every game he plays at left back as he is not good enough for that position so the arguement that its not fair to play a youngster down to mistakes dont wash with me. Rio made loads of mistakes as a kid coming through but you would forgive him as he was learning and you could see he was going to be top class.
student_hammer
Has liked: 41 likes
Total likes: 41 likes

Post by student_hammer »

so essentially

Out: Spector 2m, Collins 5m and Savio loan

In: Chamakh 7m and Manuel da Costa loan

That all seems to work out nicely, albeit a little light on the flanks - if only there was a proven prem full back, who could cover at centre back who was available on a free :think:
hammersk
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 80 likes

Post by hammersk »

student_hammer wrote:That all seems to work out nicely, albeit a little light on the flanks - if only there was a proven prem full back, who could cover at centre back who was available on a free :think:
yep, his agent has been in touch again, I actually can see a way back for Neil now.
We are resolutely sticking to our guns, his bluff has been called and yet his leadership was unquestioned.