Alessandro Diamanti

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2660 likes
Total likes: 1197 likes

Re: Alessandro Diamanti

Post by EvilC »

hongkonghammer wrote:Shamy - I must be on of the other 30's that isn't a lover of Diamanti, nothing to do with speed or athleticism as you rightly point out Brooking and Brady were lacking in that. However Brooking and Brady always took care of the ball and more often than not had an end product. Sadly Diamanti is not even close to the their league in those departments or we certainly wouldn't get getting shot of him.
Ditto. Diamanti wasn't fit to lace Brooking or Brady's boots, and I've always thought of him as something of a kid's favourite.
SammyLeeWasOffside
Has liked: 314 likes
Total likes: 1092 likes

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside »

shammy wrote:Opinions on Diamante tend to be divded into fans under 30 and those above. Everyone under 30 weened on Premiership propaganda, talks in terms of "Games faster" "need to be athletic" "need 5 in midfield" "Doesnt track back". They would have hated Trevor Brooking, Liam Brady and Glen Hoddle.
I am over 30 by some way I saw all those 3 players and diamante was not even close to that league, he wasn't even a Dickens. The 1.8m isn't the problem it is the ludicrous 6m we paid for him. He had the odd moment on the ball but off it was a liability. Brooking, Brady and Hoddle were not all action midfielders but they at least did what was expected of them defensively. They also all had light years more ability than Diamante.

IMO Diamante is a great attacking midfielder in the same way Behrami is a great defensive midfielder, a lot of flayling arms, a haircut and more hype than reality.
ooh look who it is
Location: I'm a reasonable guy. But, I've just experienced some very unreasonable things.

Post by ooh look who it is »

For 1.8m I would have kept him. Been one of the bright spots for me.

Not sure who we can get for that money. Not even Jay Bothroyd.
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

Another bit of the ineffectual deadwood out the door. Let it continue. :thup:
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

Thing is with Diamanti, he is a risk player, he is not brillaint at pace of one on ones but he's a player we need, someone who will test the keeper from 30 yards and then his freekicks. We got to remember to he helped us out last season. Who we got to take freekicks now?
Hammer83
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Hammer83 »

I wish that shot from the half way line he done against hull went in would have been one of the greatest goals at the Upton Park ever.We might have even got a bigger fee with the extra media spotlight he would have received with it.

Diamanti was an ok player for us considering it was first season in the prem.I remember some of my friends who support other teams saying he looks good after they watched m.o.t.d which summed him up well.
szola
Has liked: 590 likes
Total likes: 353 likes

Post by szola »

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/SerieA/Brescia/

Gazzetta has a little pice about "l'attaccante" Diamanti joining Brescia Calcio. That would make him a forward....

Good luck to him. He did a good job at West Ham, scored a few good goals, and helped the team to a few points along the way.
bazac

Post by bazac »

Shockingly poor decision to let him go. There's no doubt in my mind we would have been relegated without him last year - he was every bit as crucial as Parker.

His departure has left a team utterly bereft of flair and natural ability.
Irons Man

Post by Irons Man »

bazac wrote:Shockingly poor decision to let him go. There's no doubt in my mind we would have been relegated without him last year - he was every bit as crucial as Parker.

His departure has left a team utterly bereft of flair and natural ability.
:lol: ****ing hell give over, he scored 6 ****ing penalties, 1 improtant free kick and 1 goal from open play. Gave away the ball nearly every time he had it.
hammersk
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 80 likes

Post by hammersk »

He was nowhere near as bad as
Bale (or Gomes) in his first year with Spurs

They kept hold, we sell for peanuts - that's why we are relegation fodder.

The GM of Brescia said he couldn't believe that they managed to get a player like Diamanti for what they did.
Can't get more damning than that.
worboyes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by worboyes »

diamanti is probably as overrated as he is over criticised.
he done quite well for us last season and was no way one of the worst performers in a west ham shirt. to say otherwise is well unfair. there are alot worse players still at the club but having said that i dont think he is as good as some on here believe.
a good enough weapon from the bench tho
Happyhammer93
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Happyhammer93 »

hammersk wrote:He was nowhere near as bad as
Bale (or Gomes) in his first year with Sp*rs

The GM of Brescia said he couldn't believe that they managed to get a player like Diamanti for what they did.
Personally think he's poor and wouldn't cut it in the premier league.
He tries the great ball 10 times a match and would miss it 9 times and then the one time it would come off we hardly finished anything. Also he's weak on the ball and is forced off it way too much. Also last season I hardly remember him tracking back and trying to win possesion back after losing it causing a lot more trouble for the team in a match than he's worth, in my opinion.

Better to cash in on him - even for little money - than letting his contract run down and his value dropping.
ludo22
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 133 likes

Post by ludo22 »

Just a thought.Howabout we trust the owners and(more importantly) the manager and accept that in their view he was not up to the job and it was better to cut their losses and take the dough and the reduction in wage bill than have the bloke sat on the bench and the occasional cameo.Diamanti lovers suffer from the Dicanio syndrome.He's mad and Italian therefore he is brilliant when in reality he was pretty ineffective and a liability in defence.Thanks very much Alessandro but see you later and good luck.
EvilC

Post by EvilC »

hammersk wrote:He was nowhere near as bad as
Bale (or Gomes) in his first year with Sp*rs

Bale was aged 18 in his first year at Spurs and Gomez came with an excellent reputation from the Dutch league. The reason we're relegation fodder is because we simply aren't that good. Spending £6m on players like Diamanti probably hasn't done us any favours.
the celestial insect

Post by the celestial insect »

ludo22 wrote:Just a thought.Howabout we trust the owners and(more importantly) the manager and accept that in their view he was not up to the job and it was better to cut their losses and take the dough and the reduction in wage bill than have the bloke sat on the bench and the occasional cameo.Diamanti lovers suffer from the Dicanio syndrome.He's mad and Italian therefore he is brilliant when in reality he was pretty ineffective and a liability in defence.Thanks very much Alessandro but see you later and good luck.
:thup:

Added to which, nobody here talking about it being bad business really knows what kind of deal we signed him on, what future payment obligations there might have been, etc. Plus, according to the article he wanted to go back to Italy anyway.
Madness7

Post by Madness7 »

:lol: f***ing hell give over, he scored 6 f***ing penalties, 1 improtant free kick and 1 goal from open play. Gave away the ball nearly every time he had it.[/quote]

Yeah, cos we don't need a decent penalty taker do we....? That wouldn't have helped last week at all......!
beckton

Post by beckton »

Madness7 wrote:
Yeah, cos we don't need a decent penalty taker do we....? That wouldn't have helped last week at all......!

Noble scored.
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3687 likes
Total likes: 2411 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

beckton wrote:

He's 27 and played one and bit seasons in the top division in Italy, most of his career he's played in the lower leagues.

The only indictment is of Nani and the players he signed for us.
I was referring to the quotes I used and what it says about our game in general....
Bobby Orangeboom wrote: I agree with all that, but he was the only Player in our Team that actually excited me when he got the Ball..

Now i have LBM to look forward to on Saturday with Faubert possibly on the other side if we're lucky..
Nail on head brother. Kind of glad I don't have to turn out to watch it every other week now to be honest.... :cry:
Madness7

Post by Madness7 »

Noble scored.[/quote]

Yay. So instead of going 1-0 up, we managed to pull it back to 2-1 down with 10 min to go, & still conceed a third within 30 seconds.
EvilC

Post by EvilC »

Madness7 wrote: Yay. So instead of going 1-0 up, we managed to pull it back to 2-1 down with 10 min to go, & still conceed a third within 30 seconds.
Madness - I'll spell it out clearly, as you seem to be missing the point - we have an adequate penalty taker in Noble, unfortunately someone else chose/was chosen to take the first penalty.