Alessandro Diamanti

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

damo
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Re: Alessandro Diamanti

Post by damo »

Football Italia:-

Hammers' Diamanti bid rejected
Saturday 22 August, 2009

Livorno have slammed the door on West Ham, noting their offer for Alessandro Diamanti is “unsatisfactory.”

The trequartista has become hot property on the transfer market and was valued at £8m in advanced negotiations with Gianfranco Zola's club.

“The offers from both West Ham and Parma are unsatisfactory,” said Livorno director of sport Nelso Ricci.

“On Tuesday [President Aldo] Spinelli will meet the player and his contract will be improved. This is a solution that suits everyone.

“I really think Diamanti is going to stay with us this season.”

The Amaranto open their campaign against Cagliari on Sunday evening, but the club is still adjusting its squad.

“Now we can continue our work to complete the team. After Luigi Vitale arrives from Napoli, we will try to fill those remaining two empty boxes.

“We need a solid midfielder and a defender who is strong in the air.”

:(
pantsil_legend

Post by pantsil_legend »

f*** me, absolutely ridiculous. What's the point in going after £7/8 mil players when we haven't got that much? I fully expect an article on the OS about the talented youth strikers within the academy... I trust Duxbury is making an effort, but this lack of any financial clout is really pissing me off now.
Blažo

Post by Blažo »

Haha, £8m? Really? :lol:
Not a bad player, but can't expect much from him, I believe he would do worse than Bianchi at City.

Sh*t, this just reminded me of how much money we wasted on Savio.
The Rebirth
It's all about the confidence

Post by The Rebirth »

Blažo wrote:Haha, £8m? Really? :lol:
Not a bad player, but can't expect much from him, I believe he would do worse than Bianchi at City.

Sh*t, this just reminded me of how much money we wasted on Savio.

Savio is 19 and one for the future why do you numpties all think he's going to tear up trees?
DanielHammer

Post by DanielHammer »

i've never known a transfer window like this one. we are simply hopeless in our pursuits to sign a striker. I don't know if its other clubs reluctance to sell or simply incompetance on the part of duxbury and his mate nani. What i do know is that this is the first real window duxbury and nani have had time to sit down and plan their targets and so far they are showing themselves to be a pair of uninspiring fools. Yes Duxbury is good with the number crunching, reducing the debts but anther role of the ceo is to get the player the manager wants and he appears to be useless.
saludo de carlitos

Post by saludo de carlitos »

I know it is really annoying, for god sake give the lad a break, he is still young and clearly ha talent.
hammersk
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 80 likes

Post by hammersk »

[quote=
Savio is 19 and one for the future why do you numpties all think he's going to tear up trees?[/quote]

...and cost us less than €1 million (up front)
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 52 likes

Post by Rocketron »

DanielHammer wrote:i've never known a transfer window like this one. we are simply hopeless in our pursuits to sign a striker. I don't know if its other clubs reluctance to sell or simply incompetance on the part of duxbury and his mate nani. What i do know is that this is the first real window duxbury and nani have had time to sit down and plan their targets and so far they are showing themselves to be a pair of uninspiring fools. Yes Duxbury is good with the number crunching, reducing the debts but anther role of the ceo is to get the player the manager wants and he appears to be useless.
Are you sure ?
Claretandblueyank
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Claretandblueyank »

Things will go forward next week. I'm keeping the faith until then, when nothing goes forward.
Kialos
Has liked: 1548 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Kialos »

I doubt it's dead in the water just yet, we had this sort of posturing before Behrami signed.
Chuck D
Rebel without a pause

Post by Chuck D »

KIALOS wrote:I doubt it's dead in the water just yet, we had this sort of posturing before Behrami signed.
And just before a load of others didnt.... :lol:
Stoeff.at

Post by Stoeff.at »

Chuck D wrote: And just before a load of others didnt.... :lol:
+1

sad but so, so true. Headbanger
VeniceHammer
Has liked: 15 likes
Total likes: 152 likes

Post by VeniceHammer »

still in for him: yesterday he was interviewed right after the match livorno-cagliari and he said something along the line "I really love Livorno but a call from england would really change my life for good, it would be very very hard for me to stay, tomorrow i'll speak with spinelli".
VeniceHammer
Has liked: 15 likes
Total likes: 152 likes

Post by VeniceHammer »

woha, quite excited because this could be my first ITK move :lol:

three VERY interesting things:

-first of all, today Cristiano Lucarelli, top striker of livorno, gave an interview in wich he basically said something like "we all want alino to stay, we know what we read from the press, but if he really wants to go to england he should defo go"

-secondo, and this one is very very interesting: today sky italy shot some promos for all the teams of serie A. one of the main pundits of sky sport italy (and the one that covers the transfer market for them) told to a radio that diamanti didn't show up for livorno. they should run a show on the transfer market tonight, i'll try to catch it.

-third, but to take with a pinch of salt: i've been to a livorno forum and they assure that what they call "direttore sportivo" of west ham (don't know if they refer to duckers or nani), has been seen in genova (where livorno chairman lives) today.
Last edited by VeniceHammer on Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kialos
Has liked: 1548 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Kialos »

You keep on the case Venice Hammer :thup:
Memorial Ground

Post by Memorial Ground »

Grazie mille :thup:
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 675 likes
Total likes: 1328 likes

Post by davids cross »

VeniceHammer wrote: duckers has been seen in genova .
Oh well....knock this one on the head then. :lol:
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

thanks vh good work :thup:
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 675 likes
Total likes: 1328 likes

Post by davids cross »

Sky Sports (today)

"The future will be decided with the president today," said the player.

"There has been this important offer made that could change my life and make me take a leap in quality.

"It will be a difficult choice to make. We shall see."
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2660 likes
Total likes: 1197 likes

Post by EvilC »

VeniceHammer wrote:-third, but to take with a pinch of salt: i've been to a livorno forum and they assure that what they call "direttore sportivo" of west ham (don't know if they refer to duckers or nani), has been seen in genova (where livorno chairman lives) today.
If it is Duckers is there any chance of them stabbing him, as I understand that this is the traditional greeting for English football fans in Italy? :wink: